Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] H2O Coin |Yahoo!Finance & more| DGW + Scrypt-N - *DONATED 17.5BTC*  (Read 247089 times)
Black Tongue

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:13:46 PM

I am back at H2o, see that so many people still hold the coin and I will join in again.
cheers
Nice to have you back! Welcome back!
How do I install the wallet on linux ?
I already download the H2Ocoin-master-0.8, what do I do next ?
Thanks.
Build instructions
Debian
First, make sure that the required packages for Qt4 development of your distribution are installed, these are

for Debian and Ubuntu <= 11.10 :

apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb4.8++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
for Ubuntu >= 12.04 (please read the 'Berkely DB version warning' below):

apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
For Qt 5 you need the following, otherwise you get an error with lrelease when running qmake:

apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
then execute the following:

qmake
make
You should definitely use the 'code' tags  Wink
So on 12.04, I did the following :
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev

And everything was up to date already. Then I did the next one.
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools

But packages couldn't be found. Which repo do I need to add in order to get those ?

EDIT : I managed to install those packages with these commands :
Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install qtdeclarative5-dev

But then when I go to my h2o folder and try to 'qmake', the terminal tells me that "qmake: could not find a Qt installation of ''"
What do I do wrong ?

I wish I could help with that Sad I have no clue regarding mining Sad

I'll ask guys on our IRC channel. You can join us at #H2OCoin (Freenode) There are some geeks who know like everything Tongue
Hey sorry about the formatting I was sleepy and just copied it from the readme. Here's what you do.

Code:
sudo apt-get update
Code:
sudo apt-get upgrade
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
Code:
qmake
Code:
make

That should clean it up, if it doesn't I'll have to look for the repo with the qt packages.
Thanks.
I had finally solved it but forgot to edit my previous message. I just ran :
Code:
sudo apt-get install qt5-default
in order for Qt5 to be the default Qt apparently. Too much installed stuff confused Ubuntu  Grin
Now everything works  Wink

Exchange with me on twitter : @BlackT0ngue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 12:52:57 PM

I'm happy and sad at the same time. Never felt like this before.

People make a bunch of coins to profit. The ones who really believe in their coins are getting forgotten. Coin with a purpose. Not a P&D scheme coin. That's why I wanted small block rewards and 2 billion coins.

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

We're still here. H2O didn't disappear with a bunch of BTC/support. My ego is growing and I'm going to push my limits to the maximum.
2 other "water" charity coins are almost abandoned.

What I'll need from our community is:

Contact as much people you know. Miners, people who've just heard of crypto-currencies. Your family, friends, neighbors.
We have a steady 80-100 MH/s network. H2O is a scrypt-N coin. Some other scrypt-N coins are dying after one week.
If H2O was a scrypt coin, we'd be something between 160-200MH/s. That's ~1/4 of GH/s.

That's why I believe in H2O.

Remember, good always wins.

Thanks everyone who's still here with H2O!

@ThisWeeksCoin

╔═══════════════════════════════════════╗
= Altcoin creation, promotion & giveaways =
╚═══════════════════════════════════════╝
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

People make a bunch of coins to profit. The ones who really believe in their coins are getting forgotten. Coin with a purpose. Not a P&D scheme coin. That's why I wanted small block rewards and 2 billion coins.

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

We're still here. H2O didn't disappear with a bunch of BTC/support. My ego is growing and I'm going to push my limits to the maximum.

Contact as much people you know. Miners, people who've just heard of crypto-currencies. Your family, friends, neighbors.
We have a steady 80-100 MH/s network. H2O is a scrypt-N coin. Some other scrypt-N coins are dying after one week.
If H2O was a scrypt coin, we'd be something between 160-200MH/s. That's ~1/4 of GH/s.

@ThisWeeksCoin
glad to hear about that.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Black Tongue

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin
Are there some incoming good news to shed some light on H2O ? Could really help IMO above all when people will see how serious the project is. I already talked about the coin around me but some good news will definitely push it.

@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:17:53 PM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin
Are there some incoming good news to shed some light on H2O ? Could really help IMO above all when people will see how serious the project is. I already talked about the coin around me but some good news will definitely push it.
Yes, there are some good news actually Tongue

Not sure how good it can that be although:

Your news will appear on top business and financial sites including Yahoo! Finance, Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal and more.

If it's able to attract miners, it's really good. We'll get a lot of investors. Especially people who'd like to help www.thewaterproject.org Smiley

Text is already written. All I'm waiting for is my friend, who owns a PayPal account.

-TWC

elektrax

Activity: 141

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:18:46 PM

"Remember, good always wins."

Nope, wrong universe. Sorry.

BTC: 1G6Fc3sWL9E9DShfitjQvP2SGXvNLbqzGz | GP: GdTPHPNRV6P49mtW6Bc8kFBvRx4oofx4eX
@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 02:19:42 PM

"Remember, good always wins."

Nope, wrong universe. Sorry.
You live in the wrong universe then Tongue

It's written in our universe's code that good always win.

Now, let's define "Good". What does "good" mean for you? Smiley

I believe H2O has won already.

-TWC

Bitcoin-Cigarettes.com

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 03:42:41 PM

This is what we're all talking about!

Date: 4/8/2014 12:37
To: 134Gtd4w5FuAYJEMMbcHdqGUc8j74FEi8Q
Debit: -17.50 BTC
Net amount: -17.50 BTC
Transaction ID: 326e146178f9d6f26a8190acaef62c6efab836ff983eecb5cfc15db30bfebab4-000

https://thewaterproject.org/donate ( Check their address )

Blockchain proof: https://blockchain.info/address/134Gtd4w5FuAYJEMMbcHdqGUc8j74FEi8Q

I've just donated 17.5BTC to www.thewaterproject.org

50% of the total IPO. As I've promised.

People who believed, thank you. People who said this is a scam, thank you even more. Just proved you wrong and I'm glad about that.

If you found this post on twitter, I didn't scam anyone Tongue I just needed everyone's attention.
This is what I'm talking about: https://twitter.com/H2Ocoin/status/453482797081321472

Please, continue doing good. Good always wins in the end.

Yours,

@ThisWeeksCoin
Black Tongue

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 04:35:36 PM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin

Your news will appear on top business and financial sites including Yahoo! Finance, Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal and more.

If it's able to attract miners, it's really good. We'll get a lot of investors. Especially people who'd like to help www.thewaterproject.org Smiley

Text is already written. All I'm waiting for is my friend, who owns a PayPal account.

-TWC
Good then, H2O only needs some hype.

By the way, you may want to put the exchanges in the first post. I was trying to know where do people trade H2O to know the price but couldn't find.

@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 05:36:42 PM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin

-TWC

By the way, you may want to put the exchanges in the first post. I was trying to know where do people trade H2O to know the price but couldn't find.
Hi there Smiley

I have updated the first post. Added the exchanges where H2O's at.

Thank you!

-TWC

juicejoyce
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:44:55 PM

dev team,
I think we should bring more people in and help promotion for the project,
doing more giveaway or bounty ,may help.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 07:36:14 PM

dev team,

You know what is sad in most of the altcoins projects?

That people - community is dreaming about new great coin - and many of us start to support new coin, but in many cases community is just not enough.

Someone need to upgrade wallets, someone need to take care over the network.

Community in most cases is only "supporting" by good words or mining and trading.
This is not enough.

I believe young developers creates new coins because they are thinking of a profits! Smiley they look at The Bitcoin BTC♥ and they are thinking - we will create a better coin! But - this is impossible and in this case fail is only option. Ok, so we go further - our coin will be BEST of altcoin!

OMG - there are astonomical numbers of new alctoins, I even do not know about all of them because new [ANN] threads are created faster than I can read others... Cheesy
And I do not know what are indeed 70% altcoins. When I see some new coin on my favorite exchange I am asking myself many times - what is it?? and then I do search Bitcointalk for an [ANN]...

Why I am saying that is because there is extremely hard to create a coin that will survive.

I am 100% if developers of all those altcoins that not really rise a value and are falling if they will work together and support Bitcoin with their KNOWLEDGE and money etc. they will do something MUCH better and they will earn a lot more than from creating another coin.

People - please stop thinking of developing another coin.

@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 10:41:51 PM

dev team,

That people - community is dreaming about new great coin - and many of us start to support new coin, but in many cases community is just not enough.

Community in most cases is only "supporting" by good words or mining and trading.
This is not enough.

I believe young developers creates new coins because they are thinking of a profits! Smiley they look at The Bitcoin BTC♥ and they are thinking - we will create a better coin! But - this is impossible and in this case fail is only option. Ok, so we go further - our coin will be BEST of altcoin!

OMG - there are astonomical numbers of new alctoins, I even do not know about all of them because new [ANN] threads are created faster than I can read others... Cheesy
And I do not know what are indeed 70% altcoins. When I see some new coin on my favorite exchange I am asking myself many times - what is it?? and then I do search Bitcointalk for an [ANN]...

Why I am saying that is because there is extremely hard to create a coin that will survive.

I am 100% if developers of all those altcoins that not really rise a value and are falling if they will work together and support Bitcoin with their KNOWLEDGE and money etc. they will do something MUCH better and they will earn a lot more than from creating another coin.

Every coin has a chance to succeed tho Tongue

juicejoyce
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:34:13 AM

dev team,

This is not enough.

IF work hard , then somecoin will succeed.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Echoenigma

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

It is more attractive for me if you have more gifts. Cool Cool
Gastroler

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:56:51 AM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin

-TWC

Hi there Smiley

Thank you!

-TWC

Maybe it is necessary to add exchanges voting list on the first page?
@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:03:45 PM

That's what makes me sad

What makes me happy is:

@ThisWeeksCoin

-TWC

Hi there Smiley

Thank you!

-TWC

Maybe it is necessary to add exchanges voting list on the first page?
I will add Smiley Thank you!

Bames Jond

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

Any news on the coin? What exchanges could we see oursleves in soon? Also, is buying Mintpal votes out of question?
@ThisWeeksCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 03:44:33 PM

Any news on the coin? What exchanges could we see oursleves in soon? Also, is buying Mintpal votes out of question?
I'd like to let people mine more coins before we get on "bigger" exchanges.

So far, you can find H2O on the following exchanges:

Poloniex
Bittrex
CoinSwap (Escrow exchange service )

& on another 2 or 3 smaller, can't remember which ones exactly.

About news, yes. We will be featured online, on big boys media. ~24 hours Smiley

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask!

-TWC

lucienlu

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:47:24 PM

Well i guess it's all a matter of opinion. I welcome asics. Sell up the gpu rigs an replace with asics... that's what i'll do.

However let's have a good fair launch then and get it going.

Let's have password protected zips/rars  before launch ... that seems to be standard now?

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 »
  Print  

Jump to: