Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:37:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy 1 ounce gold. End Giant Bank's $15,000,000,000,000 cartel  (Read 1814 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

Everything sounds interesting, it is another perspective but i believe that at the end of the post there are too many zeros.

I agree Apple Inc. worth $1,000,000,000,000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:09:43 PM

bag holders are everywhere, we usually see those who are bag holding altcoins and crying about how they are losing money but it is rare (in this community) to see a metals bag holder who is crying about how he F'ed up and is now stuck with bags of silver hoping for it to go up so that he can make money Cheesy

There is a FOMO brewing...
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 05:47:40 PM

Silver at $50/ounce was a fluke, just like it was in 1980.  You might have to wait 35 years before it ever hits that mark again, and why would you want to take a chance that it may never get there?  Silver has a history of doing absolutely nothing for decades--same thing for gold. 

If you like coins with precious metals in them, that's one thing.  It's quite another to buy metals as investments.  I would suggest that it isn't a good idea.  I've been watching the market for years now, and I hear rhetoric like what OP spouted all the time.  "Buy silver, crash JP Morgan" was one of the things people used to write a few years ago.  It's always "If X happens, silver will explode" and somehow this never happens.  You would have made so much more money investing in bitcoin or the stock market in the last 7 years than buying gold or silver.
I agree. That is why cryptocurrency investments are way more popular nowadays  most especially to traders and investors it is because of the potential huge return due to volatiliy. Though a risky investment but in terms of profits there is no other way to earn big but crypto. This is just my own opinion but I think it really is. Hard to invest in assets that we really have the full control like those stable assets like fiat and precious metals taht which controlled by central banks due to it's centralized system.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 06:42:41 PM

Gold price is up +2% today. That is lots of money.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:34:23 AM

Gold is useful if you want a conductor that doesn't tarnish over time. It's price is probably dominated by jewellery/cost of extraction. It's value is most likely sentimental, if not downright mystical.

I personally think it's a bad investment choice. I think Bitcoin (and cryptocurrencies in general) are forcing a dialogue that's making people consider what value is and how it's applied. I don't think Gold will make the cut when we shift paradigms.

Gold has its place. But I don't see much use for it beyond what you can easily and legally take across borders. It may serve some purpose in small amounts but as an investment bitcoin has so many more advantages. Bitcoin is internet reliant so large scale internet disruption / solar flare / large EMP is its nemesis.

Gold and silver could have some use as a payment system  in case of serious disasters. But in such cases I think practical items like food, basic tools, firearms, fuel, usable transport, safe accommodation and the ability to generate electricity are going to be the major currency.

The countries and organisations that own the most gold are:

Netherlands: 612.5 tons
Japan: 765.2 tons
Switzerland: 1,040 tons
Russia: 1,778.9 tons
China: 1,842.6 tons
France: 2,435.9 tons
Italy: 2,451 tons
International monetary fund 2,814 tons
Germany: 3,373 tons
United States: 8,133.5 tons

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/this-is-who-owns-most-of-the-worlds-gold/ss-BBGmtjN

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:00:30 AM

Not sure where you're from, but I'm from Europe and not one single store locally wanted to buy Gold 1-2% below spot value. They're just not interested. I don't even blame them with how the Gold market keeps tanking. 5-10% below spot value grants them some extra breathing space to not lose out on transactions with how consistently the price keeps going down.

I'm from Asia and I don't have difficulty to sell gold. Yes, the gold price is going down for quite some time but somehow I like a gold investment so I have invested some money in it.

Silver hasn't been money in ages, it's over, im sorry to tell you. Gold's massive marketcap and network effect is amazing, I would be willing to buy some, however, since bitcoin exists, im not sure why would I even bothered.

Have you heard about the "investment diversification"?

Nothing can be predicted and anything can happen in the future so it is always better to diversify your funds and invest in different asset classes to reduce your future risks in investments.

jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:36:56 AM

Gold still valueable than dollar because dollar just back up by government trust. Buying gold is good decision because its safe haven investment and i am believe gold can maintain our asset value from inflation
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 05:38:53 AM

Gold price was $1660/ounce in 2013. Now Gold is $1200/ounce. Silver fell to $15/ounce from $50/ounce. Stock markets/DOW Jones have gone up from 14000 to 26000.

The cartel of giant banks like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, HSBC etc who are worth multi-trillion dollars are nothing but they have all the money from worldwide people which they use to bring down gold and silver price and push up stock markets [money creating money or money from thin air]. The useless wealth management programs offered by these giant banks.

HSBC was involved in $100 billion money laundering.

If worldwide people buy 1 ounce Gold themselves there is no way these giant banks will have the money to crash bullion price and take Apple inc. to $1,000,000,000,000.

Apple Inc. worth is not more than $100 billion.

Gold at $2500/ounce and Silver at $60/ounce is the right price for bullion/precious metals.
Okay the main point is that those are big companies and they can easily control the market by saying a word, cause investors are used to following them. So are you interested in gold and silver or Bitcoin? I believe that at least 80% of the people here would rather they push the price of bitcoin to a million+ than going for gold and silver.

It’s a matter of choice and majority here stands for this which is what they have chosen and you can’t change it for them they can only decide to that themselves.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:06:07 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 09:11:23 AM by First77

Okay the main point is that those are big companies and they can easily control the market by saying a word, cause investors are used to following them. So are you interested in gold and silver or Bitcoin? I believe that at least 80% of the people here would rather they push the price of bitcoin to a million+ than going for gold and silver.

Yes. You got it right. 4 companies cannot be worth $2.5 Trillion. How many factories can you start with $2,500,000,000,000 ??

There is no reason for Gold to be less than $2500/ounce when you look at middle east and gulf situation. Read "Insider's information for Gold" on my website
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:58:35 AM

US patent US20080245187A1/en

Man made gold and platinum
Abstract
A man made method, utilizing particles bombardment technique, is used to produce Gold and Platinum. The particles bombardment technique uses particle accelerator to accelerate Lithium particles to high speed. These high speed Lithium particles contain high energy. These high energy Lithium particles are used to bombard Osmium element. Then elements Lithium and Osmium undergo cold fusion process that they are combined to produce element Gold.
By the same method, Helium particles are accelerated by particle accelerator to high speed. These high speed Helium particles contain high energy. These high energy Helium particles are used to bombard Osmium element. Then elements Helium and Osmium undergo cold fusion process that they are combined to produce element Platinum.

Source: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20080245187A1/en
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesis_of_precious_metals

Currently too expensive to make commercially - but times change.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
dr blowfin

Activity: 186
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:07:39 AM

LOL and people want the ETF to pass!!!

I have done my part with gold and silver.  I have more than I can carry so I stopped purchasing. 

Likewise. I have enough. Hopefully it'll turn bull again before I'm too old.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
marcosfx

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 08:41:41 PM

I'm wondering how would the world be like if those guys will invest in Bitcoin I would love to read an article with statistics on that topic what would be a 1 trillion dollars would be invested in crypto.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 09:33:16 AM

Everything sounds interesting, it is another perspective but i believe that at the end of the post there are too many zeros.
Add a lot of 0 to make sure to attract viewers. Readers will be eager and excited with the title. Great for inspirational writing.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:24:07 PM

Read my topics/threads "Gold and silver are safer than bank deposits" and "China tells people to buy gold and silver" and others......
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:13:28 PM

Gold went up by too much during 2010-12, and that is the reason why there was a sharp correction after that. If you remember, the gold price was just around $280 / oz. in 2000. By 2012, it had reached a valuation of $1,800 / oz.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:57:29 PM

Gold went up by too much during 2010-12, and that is the reason why there was a sharp correction after that. If you remember, the gold price was just around $280 / oz. in 2000. By 2012, it had reached a valuation of $1,800 / oz.

Gold is store of value and hedge against inflation that means Gold price should not fall. Only people will sell Gold if they need the money.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:16:38 PM

How much additional currency has been created since then through QE artificially inflating stocks?

How much has global debt increased?

How much has global uncertainty increased through trade wars, sanctions. Brexit, Deutsche Bank on the brink, emerging markets chaos etc.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:24:51 PM

How much has global uncertainty increased through trade wars, sanctions. Brexit, Deutsche Bank on the brink, emerging markets chaos etc.

Convoy of 12,000 ISIS terrorist fuel/oil trucks and tankers were destroyed by Russian air strikes in one day in 2016

See video: https://www.express.co.uk/news
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:26:31 PM

Few people actually own gold or silver. People generally buy promises from banks and other companies. Usually these companies claim to have large safes where they safely store all that gold.

Gold is a very risky thing to buy and keep at home. Just like big sums of money. We are here in a forum about a revolutionary product that destroys any other possibility of Store of Value. Exactly because it is much more easily stored and easily verifiable. If you have the seed from your wallet, you own that cryptocurrency.
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Few people actually own gold or silver. People generally buy promises from banks and other companies. Usually these companies claim to have large safes where they safely store all that gold.

Gold is a very risky thing to buy and keep at home. Just like big sums of money. We are here in a forum about a revolutionary product that destroys any other possibility of Store of Value. Exactly because it is much more easily stored and easily verifiable. If you have the seed from your wallet, you own that cryptocurrency.

Physical gold over paper gold every day of the week.

Would you find it difficult to hide a few smartphone sized bars of gold in your house?  under a floor board, in the loft etc.

Gold is so value dense its very easy to store and safely hide it away.

Is gold more risky to store than crypto, the scam assusation thread says otherwise.  Find me a precious metals forum with the same number of people that have been ripped off, scammed, lost gold to theft (hacking equivalent).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: