Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN-EMC2 Einsteinium FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY KMD-dPoW  (Read 1076337 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:34:53 PM

Hey guys/gals,

EMC2 is a very popular coin on https://cryptogiveaways.org and one of our longest serving! We have recently paid out the latest batch of EMC2 claims (1309) and zeroed the balance while we update some code

While we update the code we would like to ask if any of the EMC2 community could check over the EMC2 details on the website (Visit https://cryptogiveaways.org and click the EMC2 logo for the details module). Let us know if you suggest any changes (Post them here)

We are also building a new donation system for communities to help keep there coins active on the website and present with a balance. Our new donation address for EMC2 is ESAMV8eGe6kKeLFdaC2tkuGs6MFKihKUYw

thank you batesresearch  for such a long support,
you are far longer in this than me

Happy to support you!

Logo has been updated aswell (Found a good high res version)

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Konfeta

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:41:15 PM

The lightning network is comprised of user-generated channels that send payments back and forth in a secure and trust-less fashion.

Because the transactions are just between known parties and do not need to be broadcast to the whole network, they are almost instantaneous. And because there are no miners that need incentivizing, transaction fees are low or even non-existent.
Though many projects have made plans to implement the Lightning network, after release Einsteinium will be the only operational protocol to date, aside from Bitcoin. This will give EMC2 a significant advantage for those looking for the fastest transnational speeds and lowest fees in the crypto-space.

cryptopia wallet broken ===>  Market Paused
04/08/2018 - EMC2 markets are temporarily paused as transaction issues are investigated, thanks for your patience!

Polo and Bittrex are working fine, so it Cryptopia internal issue.

YOU STILL USE BITTREX? WTFFF? :\  = RECKLESS!!

FYI Bittrex saved this coin. Polo and Bittrex were so cooperative and provided an incredible support during the wormhole removal.
Cryptopia has fast and clear response too. Those are all great exchanges.
I honestly hope they will start leading market again.

Emc2 will be back up in my opinion but they delayed for the right time till market has settled. Before that happens, there are some good days.
coldstorage

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 11:13:55 PM

The lightning network is comprised of user-generated channels that send payments back and forth in a secure and trust-less fashion.

Because the transactions are just between known parties and do not need to be broadcast to the whole network, they are almost instantaneous. And because there are no miners that need incentivizing, transaction fees are low or even non-existent.
Though many projects have made plans to implement the Lightning network, after release Einsteinium will be the only operational protocol to date, aside from Bitcoin. This will give EMC2 a significant advantage for those looking for the fastest transnational speeds and lowest fees in the crypto-space.

Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure Litecoin beat even Bitcoin to the punch: https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockstream-sends-first-litecoin-lightning-microtransaction  I suspect there might be others.

Still, early implementation is good.  And if you're able to build lightning support into weeee cash and make it easy to use and ultimately easy to swap across chains (the real killer feature of lightning) without relying on exchanges that could be very big.  Lightning could also be the basis of non-financial transactions (related to games, messaging etc) without spamming up the blockchain.

Congrats and good luck Smiley
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:03:51 PM

Not trying to start anything, but I'm pretty sure Litecoin beat even Bitcoin to the punch: https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockstream-sends-first-litecoin-lightning-microtransaction  I suspect there might be others.

Still, early implementation is good.  And if you're able to build lightning support into weeee cash and make it easy to use and ultimately easy to swap across chains (the real killer feature of lightning) without relying on exchanges that could be very big.  Lightning could also be the basis of non-financial transactions (related to games, messaging etc) without spamming up the blockchain.

Wow, I didn't know features of lightning network could be so wide-reaching. Let's just hope these features are not released when this horrendous crypto dump fest is still ongoing, since nothing can move upwards these days.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:11:10 AM

cryptopia wallet broken ===>  Market Paused
04/08/2018 - EMC2 markets are temporarily paused as transaction issues are investigated, thanks for your patience!

Polo and Bittrex are working fine, so it Cryptopia internal issue.

YOU STILL USE BITTREX? WTFFF? :\  = RECKLESS!!

FYI Bittrex saved this coin. Polo and Bittrex were so cooperative and provided an incredible support during the wormhole removal.
Cryptopia has fast and clear response too. Those are all great exchanges.
I honestly hope they will start leading market again.

WHAT PART OF >>BITTREX ARE FUCKING CROOKS<< ARE YOU CONFUSED ABOUT? THEY LITERALLY STOLE MY COINS WITHOUT CAUSE!!! :\  I HOPE THEY ARE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE ASAP.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
coldstorage

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:00:45 PM

Wow, I didn't know features of lightning network could be so wide-reaching. Let's just hope these features are not released when this horrendous crypto dump fest is still ongoing, since nothing can move upwards these days.

If Einsteinium releases regular updates that could benefit us when the tide changes and new altcoin investors are looking for coins capable of surviving, that have dedicated and capable teams.  If there is a good, regular history of updates when alts get another look, that might be more valuable than a super short term news pump of the kind lots of alts saw in november/december.

I suspect Lightning, still in its infancy, could be a good catalyst for development, not necessarily all to emc2 or lighting itself, but also to the wallet and infrastructure so the tech can actually be used and not have merely theoretical use cases.  TBH, I'm not sure what smart contract features, if any, EMC2 has at the moment, but I think there are games and dapps in general that would do well on Einsteinium and help support the pro-science branding.  Cryptokitties itself is a genetics game, and those can be quite fun and have an obvious tie-in to science.  Some could even aid funding separately.  If you remember, cryptokitties caused a lot of congestion on ETH, by using lightning off chain, we could reduce on chain game transaction traffic and avoid the same problems and keep unnecessary costs low for all.

I've also always thought that crypto could make a great crowdfunding platform, a la igg, kickstarter, gofundme, not just paid for with crypto, but set up with dapps.  For our branding, I think it would be great if a crowdfund platform focused on scientists, universities et al to set up funding requests through a platform on the emc2 blockchain for specific studies.  To boot, if we supported lightning and atomic swaps, that platform needn't require people to acquire EMC2, they could pay through a lightning channel in bitcoin and having it 'magically' come out and settle on the emc2 blockchain.  It would enable far more people to participate and lower barriers to entry.

If lightning is just a scaling solution for EMC2, it doesn't seem very necessary.  If it's added for atomic swaps, that's more useful if properly supported in the emc2 wallet, but it's not very on point for what emc2 is, it doesn't support the branding or answer the question of why have emc2.  If, on the other hand, it's being built to enable infrastructure like smart contracts, it could be amazing.  That could help construct 5 years of development roadmap along the lines of things discussed above that sort of naturally follow.
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 05:02:30 AM

If Einsteinium releases regular updates that could benefit us when the tide changes and new altcoin investors are looking for coins capable of surviving, that have dedicated and capable teams.  If there is a good, regular history of updates when alts get another look, that might be more valuable than a super short term news pump of the kind lots of alts saw in november/december.

I suspect Lightning, still in its infancy, could be a good catalyst for development, not necessarily all to emc2 or lighting itself, but also to the wallet and infrastructure so the tech can actually be used and not have merely theoretical use cases.  TBH, I'm not sure what smart contract features, if any, EMC2 has at the moment, but I think there are games and dapps in general that would do well on Einsteinium and help support the pro-science branding.  Cryptokitties itself is a genetics game, and those can be quite fun and have an obvious tie-in to science.  Some could even aid funding separately.  If you remember, cryptokitties caused a lot of congestion on ETH, by using lightning off chain, we could reduce on chain game transaction traffic and avoid the same problems and keep unnecessary costs low for all.

I've also always thought that crypto could make a great crowdfunding platform, a la igg, kickstarter, gofundme, not just paid for with crypto, but set up with dapps.  For our branding, I think it would be great if a crowdfund platform focused on scientists, universities et al to set up funding requests through a platform on the emc2 blockchain for specific studies.  To boot, if we supported lightning and atomic swaps, that platform needn't require people to acquire EMC2, they could pay through a lightning channel in bitcoin and having it 'magically' come out and settle on the emc2 blockchain.  It would enable far more people to participate and lower barriers to entry.

If lightning is just a scaling solution for EMC2, it doesn't seem very necessary.  If it's added for atomic swaps, that's more useful if properly supported in the emc2 wallet, but it's not very on point for what emc2 is, it doesn't support the branding or answer the question of why have emc2.  If, on the other hand, it's being built to enable infrastructure like smart contracts, it could be amazing.  That could help construct 5 years of development roadmap along the lines of things discussed above that sort of naturally follow.

Nice words.

Do not forget that EMC2 was in first few coins that implemented SegWit...

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:23:13 AM

My question is: EMC2 really needs lightning network? For what I understand about Einstenium, it's not a project that aims to be and "everyday" currency, in my opinion it doesn't need to scale in that way. It could use smart contracts instead, since there is a crowdfunding component involved. Also yeah, atomic swaps

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
coldstorage

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:39:37 PM

My question is: EMC2 really needs lightning network? For what I understand about Einstenium, it's not a project that aims to be and "everyday" currency, in my opinion it doesn't need to scale in that way. It could use smart contracts instead, since there is a crowdfunding component involved. Also yeah, atomic swaps

Lightning is, IMO, the best way to get atomic swaps.  And if you'll read a few posts up, you'll know that smart contracts can lead to even more congestion than everyday currency transactions and that too could be alleviated by lightning.

I've never understood why people see lightning in such narrow terms.  It's a versatile tool, not a super-specific feature.  It can be used in more ways than anyone has yet imagined.
gembitz

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:41:42 PM

jump on the emc2/segwit bandwagon  Kiss  weeee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
bluelab

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 08:17:14 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 08:50:23 PM by bluelab

Seems like energy shifting back to the development ....

Every day holds the possibility of a miracle | www.emc2.foundation | www.bluelab.us | saved penny = earned penny
gembitz

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 02:53:49 AM

Seems like energy shifting back to the development ....

bcash stole emc2 "wormhole" gimmick Smiley lol fekkin n00bs~~~

Retaliator

Activity: 298
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:29:49 AM

Would be much better if bcash stole emc2 price.  Roll Eyes
EMC2 10 satoshi weee. Kiss
QueenOfCrypto

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:02:32 PM

2014 won't come back for EMC2, so forget the 10 satoshi. 2014 is now coming to some of the newest coins, which didn't have time to get sufficiently decentralized and still have weak communities and questionable teams. Even by tanking from 20K to 1K, EMC2 has still perfomed 100X from 2014 lows when indeed it spent a while at 1o sats.
gembitz

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:08:18 AM

2014 won't come back for EMC2, so forget the 10 satoshi. 2014 is now coming to some of the newest coins, which didn't have time to get sufficiently decentralized and still have weak communities and questionable teams. Even by tanking from 20K to 1K, EMC2 has still perfomed 100X from 2014 lows when indeed it spent a while at 1o sats.

look at me ... i'm the Einstein now  Cool  weeeee

djnocide
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000

Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:01:20 AM

And the guy who can't explain why is back.
Hi troll.
uacoin

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:56:46 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2018, 06:26:15 PM by uacoin

uacoin

Activity: 183

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:23:04 PM

Retaliator

Activity: 298

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:47:06 AM

What did Bob do to you to hate it so much Smiley

Dunno shit about Bob.  Just bought at 3k satoshi and sold at 10k this p'n'd garbage last year.  Smiley
QueenOfCrypto

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:31:43 AM

This is a very nice graph I didn't see before, and which is really very promising for long time hodlers Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 [515] 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 »
  Print  

Jump to: