Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:22:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we identify the tokens scam or not.  (Read 491 times)
Oyimeelijah

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:46:30 AM

I am very impressed with the airdrop i saw in your TG group.  It was exactly like the ones I scrutinized before sharing out to friends but not even at that the price no longer worth $10 after listing

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ Futures & Options ⎈ IEO ⎈ APP ⎈ Community
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:51:24 AM

indeed it is very difficult to identify it, but the easiest thing is if all their social media accounts are not active or their site cannot be accessed, then we need to be careful.
Oyimeelijah

Merit: 1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

It's actually not easy to identify scams, but going through your TG group I discovered that you are actually trying. My major challenge is the value of the coin when listed,  it I no longer worth $10.

HYDAX EXCHANGE ⎈ BOUNTY ⎈ ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange ⎈ Futures & Options ⎈ IEO ⎈ APP ⎈ Community
munikau

Activity: 127
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:20:38 PM

I think for tokens as a result of the airdrop campaign, most of them do not have an exchange or scam, even though there are exchanges, the token price is very cheap, so it's useless to sell coins, we can see the token is a scam or not, can be seen from the telegram group

▼ DarkPayCoin - ﹝HIGH ROI, low supply﹞
[100% community governed and built] (https://darkpaycoin.io/)
nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:26:00 PM

Though the rate of scam is very high in airdrops and if you are not careful enough to do a very good research of the project, you might be a victim of scam but if you take your time to research, you will find this good and potential projects and get reward at the end of it.
dobidobi88

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:29:16 PM

Hi guys!

Nowadays so many coins exist and some of them are distributed without any charge, so called "airdrop".

We currently made a telegram channel that informs you superior airdrop tokens worth more that 10 $!!

Existing airdrop channels have noticed too many information like low price tokens, scam, not verified tokens etc.

So, we will select precious tokens worth than 10 $, and give you this summarized airdrop news!

We are not only responsible for claims, but also for distribution of the tokens.

We will do our best to let you know about the confirmed airdrop Tokens.

Please follow here : https://t.me/AirdropBroker

Thanks a lot.

There is no effective way to identify a fraud project, it can only do a thorough inspection before participating in the project that you are interested in. In addition, I am not interested in airdrop programs, because many of them become useless.
ArkMage

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:41:40 PM

It's very hard to understand if token is good or not. I remember nice aidrop - Elixir token, it's worth a lot right now. Only time can determine if project is good or not IMO...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:48:48 PM

I do not think there is any known way of identifying scam projects because they all come with beautiful and amazing concepts and white paper but at the end of the ICO you start hearing stories but for me I have decided not to be distracted by scam projects, I will keep at my business Scam projects or not
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:02:32 PM

First you can do some research about coins that you want to invest.
You can check their website, their team, and their project.
Is it reach the goal or not? Or if they are the real ICO, they show their real team.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Tulanpa

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 01:29:53 PM

You should note that not all free distributed token are scam, I could remember that I received some free distributed tokens which as at the time they get listed in an exchange, it favour a lot. I should have mention few of this token but I won't for security purpose
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:00:03 PM

Hi guys!

Nowadays so many coins exist and some of them are distributed without any charge, so called "airdrop".

We currently made a telegram channel that informs you superior airdrop tokens worth more that 10 $!!

Existing airdrop channels have noticed too many information like low price tokens, scam, not verified tokens etc.

So, we will select precious tokens worth than 10 $, and give you this summarized airdrop news!

We are not only responsible for claims, but also for distribution of the tokens.

Thanks a lot.
Even some airdrop can worth more than $10 if you manage to find it. But it is not the real price, it is only ICO price.
Usually when the token hit exchanges, the price will go below ICO price. So, your airdrop maybe worth about half only.
To know the coin scam or not, you must conduct an intense research about the ICO.
acidburn14

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

It's really hard to identify which projects are scam and not without doing your own research though some projects really have potential and a great concept there are still a possibility that it may not reach its required money to continue the development of the project, especially in this bearish market.

Akarsh54692

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:56:51 AM

It still seems to me that today, as before, there are no documents that could help us really understand what is now generally possible to choose and to avoid the scam of projects, everyone understands that this is the problem of this year, because this year all this more.
Yes,there are so many scams these days faced by various projects.But the hopes are still alive.Nowadays,this new gaming platform called Hostgames has been a buzz all around.It's been very promising especially after the International Blockchain Congress which was held in Hyderabad,India very recently. Hostgames was one of the sponsors there.
imgoinforbitcoin

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:11:13 PM

There are ways that I use to try to identify them.  Although it is not fool proof but it does give me an idea of the kind of things that I could be dealing with when it comes to new tokens. I always look for the faces behind the project, it is less likely to be a scam if there is a face to follow and someone to look out for when it fails.
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:12:57 PM

I do not think there is an actual way we can detect whether a token or project is scam or not. The best thing we can do is to be careful enough to not fall for them. A lot of persons are of the idea that by reading the whitepaper, and doing analysis on the project, there's a great chance that you would be able to tell if it is worth investing in or not.
Seriousbizz

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:48:07 PM

There is actually no way that a project can be easily detected as scam. You can't just pick a project and pin the scam tag on it. The most efficient thing that people has resorted to is thoroughly reading their whitepaper, technically analysing it and following your intuitions. This might still be misleading sometimes though, but it is the best that anyone can do.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:53:17 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks a lot.

Do own research is the best way to analize the project.
Follow their social media and group chat, from analizing 1 weeks or more i think we can do decide which ICO is best
Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 12:54:29 PM

Airdrop is one of the most popular and easy types of fraud. In most cases, their tokens are either not paid or have no value. Although at the same time you do not lose much, but the personal time spent on airdrop also has value. And people do not care whether they are scammers or not; they are still involved in aidrops, since this is a free way to get the project tokens.
Tomohisa

Activity: 360

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 01:01:39 PM

That doesn't sound right. Trash token from airdrop, yes but not like the dev of those coins want to scam people.
JohnsonJesse

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:33:23 PM

There isn't exactly some specific ways that you could detect or predict which token is scam or not. We can only be careful and make some technical analysis and predictions. Mostly, you are advise to be really careful if your intuitions are not exactly in support of it, but there really is no way to know if the token is scam or not.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: