Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:48:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with scammers  (Read 1583 times)
billygarrison

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:13:05 AM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .
Yeah I have fallen from a fraud project several times and I see 90% of all projects are fraudulent, but now I have understood the workings of the fraud project, and now I have never got a scam project again, and until now I still see many projects fraud

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AntiMage007

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:17:37 AM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .

Yeah most of ICOs Scam If you going to invest please do following research before the invest
- Get to Know the Team
- Pore Over the Whitepaper
- Look to the Token Sale
- How Feasible is the Project?
- Exercise Caution

If you did above research you can clarify it is scam or not
danice15

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:26:00 AM

I'm thankful that as of this time i still not experience any kind of scam in cryptoworld. Actually even in real world we can't avoid scammers or fraudster or hackers. Its all about money of course so these kind of people is natural. That's why we really need to be carefull on what ICO's or project were joining to avoid being victim with them. Make sure that the team that your joining is legit or well known or have a lot of experience, make a backround check.So you really need to be vigilant specially if were talking about money.
mineria25

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:27:53 AM

You have to be careful and analyze the project carefully, because some of them are serious and are working from below to reach a position in the market, before investing you have to evaluate it in great detail, there we will have greater chances of success.
AllCryptoplus

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:28:38 AM

It is very simple dealing with scammers. Once you have been able to establish that the project is a scam, publicize it on your different social media platforms. Warn the public about the project.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 02:33:08 AM

Before, when I am just a newbie in cryptocurrency world. I often participate in those HYIP because I can see that they are paying but later on, I was scammed big time that's why I just stop participating in those type of investment scheme because it would just end up badly. I was able to participate in some bounty scams too because I was attracted with the big payment to participants and then when they are near ICO, they would just disappear that's why I only participate now in campaigns that has escrow or a reputable manager. Those scammers should be in jail but then how can we do it when we do not even know who they are.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:15:54 AM

Great question.

(2) Report the likely scams in the Scams and Accusations board

(3) Warn others if you've been the victim to a scam.

If we keep looking out for each other we'll all succeed.

Yes i agree we must report it quickly to warn others. 'cause most ico Project nowadays has no good intention here in crypto world.  So much better to report it ASAP on Accusations board so that everyone can prevent scamming and loosing money on it. 
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:26:42 AM

it's very difficult to avoid that, because obviously, the ico is a scam or not at the end of the period. Did ico give a token or not? if only there were features to file claims against them, surely it would be very helpful, but I don't think that would be possible.
judel_2018

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:30:55 AM

It is true. Nowadays, you can hardly distinguish which project is legit and which one is scam. Some are too smart making their drawing projects too realistic to the point of promising the heaven and earth to their investors. What to do with them, i think if we are ready to quit in cryptocurrency then we can also avoid this scam ICOs but to stop in crypto could also mean to stop dreaming.

We cannot retrieve scammers because scammers are every where. It is better we must be carefull when we invest in cryptocurrency because even the online business their is a scammer. Every time we must be carefull wherever we are in this world.
markiplier.jack

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:39:56 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

scammers will always find a way to get your money. As an investor it is important that you be very careful about every deals/plans. do the due delience. look for the team, their profiles, their background, their project details, see the MVP, and think many times until you'resure about the project cause its your hard earned money.. and if you think someone is faking stuffs, raise the voice and spread the word to aware the commmunity.
Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 03:44:01 AM

Scammers are every where and now and they are always trying to hit us in everyway possible. I've been a victim of scams and I feel embarrassed but I think it can happen to everyone. It's hard to bring scammers to justice because of the difficulties to track them down. Now I am just always careful to do business with any stranger, I secure my computer and all to help prevent for future scams.
Heartland76

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:01:32 AM

I still don't find any smart way to identify the scammers but in the case of choosing ico if you become conscious then i think it is possible to overlook them some times.
chehintog_24

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:02:11 AM

Scammers are just everywhere. They are so smart and very hard to trace. To simply avoid it, we must be wiser and knowledgeable in identifying about those phising site from legal site. Just be more carefull about your personal details especially keep our wallet as secured as possible. With money involved, people became greedy fooling such an innocent newbie in crypto.
Tubig

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

In the digital world we cannot do anything to those scammers but to prevent and evaluate all the necessary things that can prove that it is legit and if you are already scammed I think we can do nothing about it, it already happened.
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:46:40 AM

It is true. Nowadays, you can hardly distinguish which project is legit and which one is scam. Some are too smart making their drawing projects too realistic to the point of promising the heaven and earth to their investors. What to do with them, i think if we are ready to quit in cryptocurrency then we can also avoid this scam ICOs but to stop in crypto could also mean to stop dreaming.

We cannot retrieve scammers because scammers are every where. It is better we must be carefull when we invest in cryptocurrency because even the online business their is a scammer. Every time we must be carefull wherever we are in this world.

yes, we need to more selective to choose the project if we want to join as the investor and for the bounty campaign, we need to careful to select the campaign. but still, it is very difficult to know which project that will scam in the future because at the beginning of the project, they are gives a good progress in their project so many people believe with them and follow their project and finally, they invest their money. I hope that in the future, they can get caught in the beginning so we don't have to worry again.
hermae

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 04:51:46 AM

There are really some icos that are scam, we canjot deny the fact that they are there and they cannot be crashed out. All we have to do is be more careful always. Check the background of the ico before you invest or join in their bounty campaigns. Too good to be true offers are somewhat suspicious, so be careful not to fall in their traps.
suchi2591

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 05:16:52 AM

Strong global regulation is needed on icos. Cryptocurrency scammers are working on very phishing scams and now on ICOs as well. I have many bounty tokens not listed and I don't think they will be listed
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 06:29:55 AM

Scams is like the order of the day in the Crypto business, being careful involves checking out the profile of the team members closely, this days they are using AI's,exchanges, smart contract just to get people to buy in their ICO..
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:08:17 AM

There are many scam ICO projects nowadays like in real life. They are genius by doing so. They act like a professional to attract more investors but end into nothing. That's why we need to be careful in investing those projects in crypto world. Learn and study very well before joining.
Bhalibad

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:17:28 AM

Scammers are very hard to retrieved  because scammers are anywhere in this world.We will remind ourself that if we are in crypto world we must be carefull all the times so that it will not happened to us that we can get into scam. We always be ready at all times of what we have done in a right time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: