Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with scammers  (Read 1583 times)
kemonojim

Activity: 218
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

I found several fraud projects when I just entered Crypto. Usually beginners enter into such situations because they do not have experience and they do not know how to distinguish good projects from bad ones. Several times I found projects that carried out prize campaigns, giving their tokens as gifts and that was all. Then there is no action.
Phan Long

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 04:40:20 PM

Scam can cheat new people. So when you invest in any ICO, you need to know the ICO thoroughly and you must have experience in online money trading and learn about frauds to prevent. Only you can protect yourself, when you have been cheated, hope is almost impossible rescue, because electronic transactions are very complex, can not find the culprit.
BTCPair1000

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:38:18 PM

Do study and research ins and out before making up mind for investment. Do check the whitepapers and roadmaps of the ICO projects properly along with the legal papers to spot scam.
GhostAltCoin

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 05:45:40 PM

If you can afford lawsuits then you can go for it if you are a victim of scammers. But filing lawsuits are very expensive and tough too. Be careful when you are investing money.
YoungMaster

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

MYCRYPTOBANK.IO

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 06:52:48 PM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .

It's a bit difficult to avoid these scammers nowadays, because most of them are very clever in explaining the project with promising and trustworthy words which can easily attract the interest of investors.
The only way to avoid them is do a research about the company and teams.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:09:53 PM

We always have to be careful about fraud..Many scam projects were created after the huge rise in December..Some of them were meant to cheat completely, some disappeared because of the bad trend of the market.
maloibtc

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:17:41 PM

I think that the best way to deal with scammers is to report about them and to make them anti advertising in order nobody go to them. If they lose money they won't risk anymore
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:23:53 PM

Do what you do as always. Don't buy what they say, be smart, be careful. Don't click links you don't know where it's coming from. Remember there too many people who's trying to steal your money.
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:43:40 PM

I tried it but it's okay, try again don't just sit there and utter bad word to the ICO that fails....
Instead look for new group with a good background and try to join their group...
This time you might hit a jock pot by endorsing their project...
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:48:41 PM

I think that you should be able to differentiate between scammers and do this quickly or you will risk failing and losing money if you have invested in the project. To my mind, this is the best decision

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 07:50:27 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2018, 10:46:53 PM by suzanogbomo

Here is something i do each time i see a scam project, I make sure I make people aware of their illicit activities, it is a moral duty.if you inform or warm others about it, you are helping them avoid the same mistakes they could potentially make.Looking out for them.
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:32:50 PM

Yes have fell for so many scam ICO projects, in fact alot of them. A lot of unvisionary projects but just because they paid some ICO rating blog or some ICO Youtubers channel to help them propagate there project they tends win the mind of people thereby investing in them.  Well I haven't think of  a way we can report them.  Just that one must DYOR before investing in any project.
AAfunctionaluppityF

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:39:53 PM

Scammers exist in real life and also into this world, nothing strange. You just need to be always careful and be prepared against them.
If you got scammed by someone, just let it go.. it happens, everyone here got scammed at least one time.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1862
Merit: 432

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:40:52 PM

Caution is key and it really helps to turn you into that analytic minded individual. Opportunities are everywhere and most of them will probably not be legit, better to do all the research possible.
West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:43:18 PM

At first its hard to determine whether a project is a scam or not. Because they introduce their project as if it will be the next big thing. But in the end it is a scam. Hard to say but i also fallen in some scam project.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
as9ardia

Activity: 541
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 10:35:58 PM

I saw 70-80% ico are scam which are not reliable .they do smart work and making projects by invester and advisers and after not giving token ,making scami .what to do with them. Have you ever fallen in scams ? I am fallen some time .

Nothing you have to do, if you think some of project is scam then you shouldn't invest on that project.

///Back from hiatus////
Say F to Virus!!!
BlackRogue

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:06:12 PM

The whole space where the ICOs are operating is unregulated which makes it impossible for us to actually catch the scammers. However, I think there are still ways for us to prevent such scams. If someone or an organization comes up with a project that helps us identifying scams beforehand then it will help us a lot. According to my knowledge, there are quite a few similar projects that are being worked on by the developers right now.
kellyscott

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:53:40 PM

A lot of  scammers every where both in real life also in digital platform. So it’s come to your place so  careful before invest in any business cause it will be so hard to get back your money when it is left.
Badu1

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:00:27 AM

What to do now is to be very vigilant in all forms of messages you receive and read widely.
erifubirugen

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:06:42 AM

No, you are saying wrong. Not the %80 ICO scam, %80-90 ICO's are unsuccesfull thats all. I can say %10 ICO's at most scam. I wish that everything were same like year of 2016.. All the ICO's were fine and after ICO your investment would turn at least x2-x3.. But now it's terrible..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: