Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is more important for us, more investment (ETF) or more adoption?  (Read 638 times)
Talat10gu

Activity: 279
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:49:23 AM

Investments are more needed here I am sure, they help in development so much and current crypto market is too weak and it is necessary to support it with great investments.

socksserver3

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

I think that the most important is investment but I can't say that more adoption isn't important at all. to my mind, both play its own role and we need to take this into account
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:59:32 AM

I think the main issue with Bitcoin now is its dual function it serves, Store of value and medium of exchange. I think for store of value we need ETF because it brings along more institutional investors into the space, adoption IMO, people buy something on the market and in few minutes it is moved to exchange to convert to Fiat which is not really good we need people to be comfortable holding these coins for long

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:03:40 AM

When i think about ETF, i think more investment will come. It is good for bitcoin and also alts. But how if it will become like late 2017? when majority crypto users are traders and investors who expect moon and lambo. And cryptocurrency become speculative things rather than digital currency.

Now we see the result. Crypto market hard to recover because no one want to buy, we only hold and waiting whales or random person to start a bull run or "institutional money" to come in.
Same person who buy and sell.

I think we might see different result if cryptocurrency have wide adoption/real usage as digital currency, because that will bring continuous real demand. and market recovery wouldn't be too hard
If the ETF is accepted it will reinforce confidence in the market and investors who have left the market since early 2018 will return to the market. Now the rest of the market is the holders and they just want to buy everything cheap and wait for their altcoin to go to the moon. That will never happen if no one is buying and selling to push up prices.

talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

first we need more usefulness then we need more adoption of that useful coin and finally we don't care about ETFs at all.

in other words the altcoins first need to come up with innovative ways of becoming a good currency that can be used in real world and not just stay on exchanges for pump and dump. and for that they need to give up trying to compete with bitcoin by manipulating the market  cap, block speed, block size,... they need to actually work on real features that are secure and useful at the same time.

if that happens then the adoption of them will be so much easier and with it their prices will grow up a lot faster and much easier.
who needs ETF when there is merchant adoption? look at bitcoin...

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:53:39 AM

I think cryptocurrency will be adopted in near two or three years. Projects like Ripple or Stellar could become a substitution to swift and local bank payments. Bitcoin will be adopted for illegal operations for example.
mobireal

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 02:23:26 PM

Yes investments with ETF is really good and real it make you invest and have a rest of mind why because with ETF you will not lose your money and if it's been used in some project it will attract more investor's to invest like companies and industry which will make the coin raise up.
Whisper555

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 02:49:05 PM

Of course, if the cryptocurrency is widely used in real life, then interest in it will increase and this will inevitably lead to the fact that the market will actively grow and develop.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:32:51 PM

More adoption is what we need at this point but if you look at it, it is a case of one leads to the other when it comes to both of these things. With etf approval, there will be more people who believe bitcoin and its applications which means more people who are willing to invest in the coins, meaning more adoption. If we were to pick one then adoption is what we need.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:24:34 PM

Both of these variants are so significant in the work with crypto. I think that investing is too needed to be done and adoption is important for the a lot of strange situations as well.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:42:22 PM

More adoption is what we need at this point but if you look at it, it is a case of one leads to the other when it comes to both of these things. With etf approval, there will be more people who believe bitcoin and its applications which means more people who are willing to invest in the coins, meaning more adoption. If we were to pick one then adoption is what we need.
I think it should be obvious at this point that it's impossible to separate more adoption from more investment, if there is more adoption then more money is going to come into the market, and if more money is coming to the market then that means we got more adoption, so to try to separate the two and to try to determine which one is more important is a mistake.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:44:24 PM

A very good question, which probably will be answered, but it's just my opinion, I still think that now there is a lot of advertising about ETF and many people are chained to this, so if they accept it, it will give a push up. And they still have to accept, because earlier futures have already been accepted.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 04:50:14 PM

More adoption is more important because it would bring more regulation and more demand to cryptocurrencies and relative projects so ETF will be easy one then.
Karisma Black

Activity: 228
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:10:43 PM

They go together but of course, more adoption.

FiiiCoin     |    Decrypting Cryptocurrencies
https://fiii.io/
[           PRIVATE SALE STARTED!           ]
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:14:36 PM

If the ETF gets approved there will be more adoption initially but later it will be considered as an investment thing over the currency so we no need the ETF approval for the good future of crypto currency so definitely there needs to be more adoption which causes the cryptos will be used for its main reason of invention to be honest it is adopted by more and more people for investment over currency so we need to educate them what is decentralization and why we need them to have the real adoption.
HAKHALI

Activity: 182
Merit: 25

Bitcoin=Decentralization+ Consensus+High sec=TRUST

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:57:40 PM

The Cryptocurrencies market  will flourish and prosper ( without the need for recognition by governments or ETF) if there are two main conditions in my personal view:
First:presence of cryptocurrencies technologies  offer new solutions and services that make people's lives better and easier, that is, that technologies  become an indispensable need.

Second: This market should have the minimum legislation and regulations that guarantee people's confidence in investment and engagement without falling easily prey to scammers and fraudsters.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:05:37 AM

In my perspective we need more adoption and regulations over this space this will help reduce the FUD which comes out every now and then and crushes the market and moreover more adoption will ultimately lead to more investments.
ETF is overrated and people are making a big thing out of it. Crypto can survive and rather prosper without ETF's also.
Hobbledehoy

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:17:22 PM

I think that etf is what would bring more people into the market, when people can be sure that there are a lot of applications of bitcoin, then they would be more inclined to start investing in it, which would mean more adoption. We could really use way more adoption right now in the market.
Gboytee

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:30:55 PM

It is true that we need wide adoption but what if whide adoption brings bad result or image to bitcoin. What will happen?  On the other hand if we the investors can protect the image of bitcoin. Then we await a huge investor and not those that will uae bitcoin for fraud like yahoo boys that scam people.
abbywem

Activity: 100

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 08:50:00 PM

Adoption is the key.  The ETF actually will hurt us in the long run as it will hand the keys over to the bankers (see precious metals).  With mass adoption they will begin to lose their control.  In this early and frail state for crypto's these whales can cause much havoc as we are now seeing. 

CRYPTOCIRCLEX | THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
✪╠════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╣✪
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: