Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGRemote hidden donate ?  (Read 3522 times)
Ronnin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:54:18 AM

What is that in CGRemote.exe   Shocked

I sent you via PayPal $ 20 for the beta ...... about hidden donations nowhere words WTF ??

file CGMiner.exe
[DonationMining]
SHA256A_URL=stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333
SHA256A_USER=milone_cgwatcher
SHA256B_URL=stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:3332
SHA256B_USER=milone.shdonate
SHA256C_URL=coinotron.com:8322
SHA256C_USER=milone.cgwatcher_ppc
SCRYPTA_URL=http://coinotron.com:3334
SCRYPTA_USER=milone.ltc
SCRYPTB_URL=http://ltc.kattare.com:9332
SCRYPTB_USER=frog81.cgwatcher
SCRYPTC_URL=http://coinotron.com:3334
SCRYPTC_USER=milone.ltc

seems to be sending more and it sends more .... Huh

file: cgremote.log
[File cleared on first run of version 1.0.8.1]
[27.02.2014 15:27:16]   Account authorization failed ([1] NO_SUCH_USER).
[02.03.2014 00:28:41]   Account authorization failed ([1] NO_SUCH_USER).

decopiler:

file: miner

namespace CGRemote
{
    using Microsoft.VisualBasic;
    using Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices;
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
    using System.Windows.Forms;

[StandardModule]
    internal sealed class Miner
    {
        internal const string BFGMINER_FILETITLE = "BFGMiner";
        internal const string CGMINER_FILETITLE = "CGMiner";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SCRYPT_A = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SCRYPT_B = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SCRYPT_C = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SHA256_A = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SHA256_B = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_PASS_SHA256_C = "123";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SCRYPT_A = "http://ltc.kattare.com:9332";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SCRYPT_B = "http://coinotron.com:3334";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SCRYPT_C = "stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:3334";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SHA256_A = "stratum+tcp://mint.bitminter.com:3333";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SHA256_B = "stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.us:3332";
        internal const string DONATE_URL_SHA256_C = "http://coinotron.com:8322";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SCRYPT_A = "frog81.cgwatcher";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SCRYPT_B = "milone.ltc";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SCRYPT_C = "milone.scdonate";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SHA256_A = "milone_cgwatcher";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SHA256_B = "milone.shdonate";
        internal const string DONATE_WORKER_SHA256_C = "milone.cgwatcher_ppc";
        internal static collectionPools DonationPoolsScrypt = new collectionPools();
        internal static collectionPools DonationPoolsSHA256 = new collectionPools();
        internal const string EPOCH = "1970-01-01 00:00:00";
        internal static collectionProfiles GlobalProfiles = new collectionProfiles();
        internal const int MAX_VALID_TEMPERATURE = 250;
        internal static List<string> MinerFileNames = new List<string>();
        internal const string SGMINER_FILETITLE = "SGMiner";

internal static bool CBoolean(object Value)
        {
            bool flag2;
            try
            {

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Megabit monster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:36:31 PM

Ouch. Are you saying we have all been ninja mining for the creator of the software even after paying him for beta?

Cisco CCNP + CCIE Written. Open to various networking/VOIP related projects. 
Accept bitcoin for payments. Extensive successful project history.
compile

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:55:08 PM

I know CGWatcher has a donate feature. I didn't see one in CGRemote, it might be the toggle for it though.

Wouldn't jump to conclusion.
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 07:56:23 AM

These are just variables from code that CGRemote shares with CGWatcher. There is no donation mining in CGRemote.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:16:11 AM

It's not like there is another (hidden) instance of BFG/CGminer running. So, if there were donation mining happening, you should be able to see it in the miner window and recorded in the miner log, etc, right? Milone is a good guy, his software is mostly free (donationware), and personally I see nothing nefarious going on.  Smiley

If you are really paranoid, lockdown your API pool permissions. Then nothing can alter your pools, outside of keystrokes directly in CGminer app itself. No way for ninja donation mining then. [tinfoilhat]...unless there's hidden CPU miner instance [/tinfoilhat].
Vap0r

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:10:45 AM

Milone is a stand up guy and I trust he is being honest - like was pointed out, you would see the donation mining in the log anyway.
It has been a great start on a great idea, hoping for updates soon Smiley
Cheers
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:39:28 AM

I removed any reference to donation mining in the next CGRemote update. So although those worker strings were not being used anyway, they have been completely removed as has anything else related to donation mining. It was from code that I copied over from CGWatcher to save time... something I'll be more careful with when doing in the future to avoid misunderstandings like this.

DarkKnight, Vap0r... Thanks for the support. Working on the update all weekend to try to have it ready by Monday. The CGWatcher update was released today, which will allow me to focus solely on CGRemote for at least the next several weeks.

CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:03:23 AM

I removed any reference to donation mining in the next CGRemote update. So although those worker strings were not being used anyway, they have been completely removed as has anything else related to donation mining. It was from code that I copied over from CGWatcher to save time... something I'll be more careful with when doing in the future to avoid misunderstandings like this.

DarkKnight, Vap0r... Thanks for the support. Working on the update all weekend to try to have it ready by Monday. The CGWatcher update was released today, which will allow me to focus solely on CGRemote for at least the next several weeks.

I have tried cgwatcher to monitor my rig and have noticed a consistent 20KHs drop in hash rate.  As soon as I terminate CGwatcher and restart cgminer normally the hash rate returns to normal.
milone

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:02:00 AM

I'm not sure if you're implying something malicious but just in case, it is impossible to "steal" a portion of your hashes while mining. If you get different results in hashrate when starting cgminer yourself vs. starting cgminer using CGWatcher, it may be due to the "gpu-threads" default value. CGWatcher uses 2 as a default because the cgminer documentation stated the default value was 2, but in reality when you launch cgminer yourself without specifying the "gpu-threads" setting, it would run with 1. In the latest version of CGWatcher you can disable this so it will not use 2 as the default value if no value is set.

You can go to the Tests tab and locate the Utilities section. In the drop-down list, select "Show last miner start configuration" and click Run. This will show your original config settings vs. what CGWatcher used to launch the miner. In most cases they should be identical, aside from CGWatcher enabling the API if necessary. But if there is a difference there that shouldn't be, it may be something I need to correct. If you email the results to me or post here, I will check for any differences that might affect hashrate.

I haven't really heard of cases where CGWatcher itself caused a drop in hashrate due to requiring more resources (being a graphical user interface), but you can easily test this by closing CGWatcher, launching cgminer and letting it run 5 minutes until hashrate stabilizes, then open CGWatcher. If the hashrate doesn't drop then this is not an issue.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:30:50 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 04:43:11 AM by VirosaGITS

I hadn't realized this project(CGWatcher), with the massive amount of people using it returned so little money.

I'll run it a bit, the donation mining, but i'm not a big fan of uncredited donations. I only been mining for 2 weeks~ but i liked CGwatcher very much.

I'll prolly wait and see if an option to get cgremote by donating mining time comes by, even tho i really dont need cgremote as i only have 2 miners doing 1mhash total. Or some form of creditation for donating mining time. Atm, donating 20-25$ in BTC would be same as giving 33% of a month's income. Maybe when/if i get more hashing power Smiley

For now, well, 30 minute of donation mining will be around 0.0001 BTC, i guess it really isint much when you look at it like that D:

Tho if 10% of "miners" gave this little per month, that'd be 1.1btc per month.

I'm just going to shut up. Now.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄