Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:54:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me or is Darkcoin the only coin with real potentional? 100% anonymous wow.  (Read 10141 times)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

This is why this coin will never go over 10$

This was said in a similar fashion on why it wouldn't go over 0.0015... When it got to 0.0065 (3$) haters must have exploded Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:02:26 AM

Oh it's a pump* alright... no arguing there, but the price stabilized to 0.036 from 0.0016 after the last one... so if it stabilizes to 0.004-5 after this one, it builds up in terms of price. And, of course, the distribution is improved significantly every round of pumping.

* albeit a very small one in terms of price increase percentage, unlike pumps which take a coin up by 10-20-50 times.
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:04:33 AM

So do you think is better stay or leave the market now? I bought 100 DRK at 55 now we are about 60. What you think gonna happen?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:06:51 AM

So do you think is better stay or leave the market now? I bought 100 DRK at 55 now we are about 60. What you think gonna happen?

I'm not the whale pushing the prices either way, so... how should I know? I'm a long-term holder, so it doesn't really matter for me what the price does today or tomorrow, although it can be useful for daytrading and increasing my DRKs.
shekelsteingoyberg2

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

Sure it sounds cool,but  if you're not selling drugs, kids or smack probably don't need it.

Bitcoin will be regulated, the rest will be regulated or banned. So it is just a matter of time before dark currency goes to being worth virtually zero.

I disagree with you entirely on most of your post, but I'll just focus on this:
Because anyone that has your Bitcoin address can view the other transactions you make, it could give a definite advantage to a competitor because they can see exactly who you are doing business with.  That is far less privacy than a bank offers.

Also, by "regulated" most of the time they mean restricted or taxed.  It is also important to keep in mind they do not have a good history of success with restricting the internet (example: Bittorrent), and as you said before, they are likely very unwilling to lose the economic boon.  So will they tax it t o death?  The IRS doesn't even need warrants for wiretaps and surveillance, they are a band of ruthless bloodsuckers that will apparently stop at nothing to get their taxes.

That said, it's still only like paying in cash over the internet.  The world will not end because of it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:35:37 AM

You do realise the US has stated in no uncertain terms that dark currency will not be permitted. To be honest i think crypto would already have had the ban hammer if US were not giving it some kind of chance, the rest of them are dying to slap the ban hammer down....they just fear they will loose the economic edge the US will get by adopting it alone.

The rest of the crypto community will do well to cut off these currencies.

Wait and see, a few months down the road exchanges will be shut down who deal with dark currency, then the price will get a super slap down.

Sure it sounds cool,but  if you're not selling drugs, kids or smack probably don't need it.

I almost don't agree with a single thing in this post. In fact its content seems practically clueless.

First of all, any regulation that appears associated with cryptos applies to FIAT, not cryptos directly. That's because regulating cryptos boils down to telling people they're not allowed to pass pieces of paper between each other containing a bunch of letters and numbers. Saying "dark currency will not be permitted" is a meaningless generalisation thats about as relevant as saying "email will not be permitted".

Why would the "The rest of the crypto community will do well to cut off these currencies" when dark currencies embody the very essence of much of what cryptos stand for - anonymity, de-centralisation and integrity (in that there's no counterparty involved) ?

The attempt to associate dark currencies with illegal and subversive activities is also disingenuous. The entire fiat money system is totally opaque (at least as far as the general public is concerned) and yet the majority of the trading population isn't engaged in drug dealing and terrorism. Even commercial retailers don't freely divulge information about income from their various product lines etc.

A technology like darkcoin is one of THE most innovative developments in crypto since the outset. Saying that others can implement it does nothing to mitigate its achievements which are considerable. Apart from anything else, it's taken a good deal of constructive contribution from those that were involved in the development and testing which appears to have been done to a highly professional level. The approach to securing the network using paid for masternodes is also a well thought out and powerful concept.

This kind of post is nothing but dismissive FUD. I don't know what's behind it - whether you just want to malign a good thing for the sake of it or whether you've got some other axe to grind, but it's content is baseless. Sure the price may go back down - or it may more likely go up in my opinion. The thing is doing what it says on the tin and is going to provide a valuable service to the rest of the crypto economy.

All the same, whatever the price does, I find it difficult to arrive at any other conclusion than this is a great breakthrough in truly de-centralised, trustless and anonymous transaction technology. To me (and I only got into it a couple of weeks ago) it seems its valuation as things stand right now is properly greater than Litecoin, which given DRK's low coin supply is still a few 100%'s to go.

mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:25:24 AM

KYC  - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_your_customer . Yes the government cant go after everyone but then can go after businesses.  A crypto that you can't use to buy anything is worthless. It's not FUD.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 11:30:59 AM

I bought in much lower on time, but I'm still buying from time to time. I'm expecting that the price will continue to rise steadily.
Anyone who hasn't invested in DRK is making a mistake.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:40:45 PM

A crypto that you can't use to buy anything is worthless. It's not FUD.

Are you seriously presenting that as an issue for Darkcoin alone ?

The ENTIRE cryptocurrency phenonenon is probably the biggest threat that's ever loomed over the horizon for the mainstream banking industry. Do you really think they're going to pick and choose which ones they try to ban if that threat starts to become reality ?

Asides from the fact that these statements totally contradict each other:

You do realise the US has stated in no uncertain terms that dark currency will not be permitted

you do realise bitcoin or ANY coin could go dark if they wanted right?

Thats why I say it's FUD. Because there has been about 2 seconds thought put into this post and although there may be some loosely relevant points made, they pale into insignificance compared with the genuine originality and progress that Darkcoin has made.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 12:45:43 PM

Most people don't need total anonymity for their transactions

Actually, most people DO need anonymity for their transactions.

The financial industry is falling over itself to present itself as "secure" which these days means secure information as well as secure money.

Everything from company payrolls to banking transfers to supermarket sales statistics are not available for scrutiny by all and sundry and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
mynameisjim

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:31:00 PM

darksend is exposed to a new form of attack because of its master nodes. If someone holds a sufficient amount of these nodes they can do bad stuff to the network Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:43:02 PM

I just don't see the necessity of building the anonymity into the protocol itself. Seems like that would make it easier for the powers that be to attack/discredit the currency.

Maybe you don't but plenty do.

The reason is one of principle as much as practicality. If you follow any of the development blogs, discussions and debates about the evolution of cryptos and how the technology should develop, you'll see that designers fall over themselves to avoid any kind of centralised aspect to the technology.

Even something as apparently benign as checkpointing to mitigate the danger of 50% POW attacks was agonised and wrestled over. If ever implemented it's generally seen as a huge compromise. There is some basis to this kind of paranoia because the least bit of centralised control can be the thin end of the wedge even if it looks innocent enough at the outset.

I agree about dark wallet - it's another great plank in the infrastructure of the whole system and will prove to be very popular - justifiably so. But it's not the "real deal". It's a boiler plate solution. Darkcoin IS the real deal.

darksend is exposed to a new form of attack because of its master nodes. If someone holds a sufficient amount of these nodes they can do bad stuff to the network Smiley

Thats probably a valid point. Will be interesting what the devs say about it. It surely must have crossed their minds.

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:44:54 PM

What do you think most Bitcoin investors, big real buyers were using the coin for in the first place?
It was taught to be anonymous. Most of the fiat that went into Bitcoin was black money.
Those people are scared shitless. Now comes a new coin, with a new proof of concept, a well done product which just fits that crowd.

What we see now is shifting already. You ain't see nothing yet. When shifting seriously starts it'll be a short staggering period.
When shifting of big BTC and LTC fortunes is done and DRK is convertible for fiat or whatever, the fiat price for BTC will collapse.
The average Joe BTC holder will be very astonished.

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK at the current level of supply. The extreme leverage might even bubble it up much higher for some time.
Its just a state of the art financial instrument, in contrast to BTC or LTC.
The only contender is Ripple, which I see on the bright side of things as well.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:57:42 PM

I see a justified price of 3-4 BTC for one DRK at the current level of supply. The extreme leverage might even bubble it up much higher for some time.
Its just a state of the art financial instrument, in contrast to BTC or LTC.

I couldn't agree more with this post.

It isn't just a question of technology and how "copyable" something is. BTC, LTC, Peercoin etc were all first with something that was far more "copyable" than DRK technology. Despite that their valuation was never challenged by any of the subsequent clones.

What this demonstrates is that - while 'clone' competition probably does have an impact, it's not definitive and brand appears to have far more influence.

Unless the Darkcoin people make some major mistakes this coin is on course for complete supremacy in the 'anonymity' sector and valuation will follow accordingly.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 11:44:32 PM

Thats probably a valid point. Will be interesting what the devs say about it. It surely must have crossed their minds.

By sequential darksending node after node (say 10 laundry rounds in 10 different 10 nodes), an evil party should control all 10 nodes, not just 2-3-5 of them. The possibility of someone controlling every node or the vast majority of them is zero.
Arlic

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:06:29 AM

There is a good old Anoncoin with TOR/I2p and ongoing zerocoin implementation.
I think the zerocoin implementation is way more safe than a coinmixer.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 09:16:54 AM

There is a good old Anoncoin with TOR/I2p and ongoing zerocoin implementation.
I think the zerocoin implementation is way more safe than a coinmixer.

In terms of "ongoing", dark will have coinmixer + ip obfuscation + ring signatures in v2 and none of the trust requirements of zerocoin. So...

muxxxamed

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:57:14 AM

your argumentaition is stong enough for me to buy some.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:58:59 AM

Dark is based on BitcoinQt, therefore it will never be anonymous.
All this technical terms are just marketing for noobs to pump.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 12:24:16 PM

Dark is based on BitcoinQt, therefore it will never be anonymous.
All this technical terms are just marketing for noobs to pump.

No you're not right. It is anonymous. Have you read about DarkSend? You haven't probably.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: