Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me or is Darkcoin the only coin with real potentional? 100% anonymous wow.  (Read 10141 times)
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 12:36:15 PM

It may, or may not go up in price, but I just love how people are now so scared to lose their investment that they can't wait to get everything under government control.
"Oh, it's a coin for drugs- and arms market." Sounds familiar huh? What was that coin people used to say that about?

And if the argument is "Darkcoin is anonymous and will therefor be stopped by the government" and then comes "Bitcoin can be just as anonymous". Yeah...

Also, altcoins are a great way to try out new features that can be either added or discarded from other coins. So, yeah, going Dark can be implemented on other coins. Now. Because someone invented it and put it out there. Coins like Darkcoin, AnonCoin and (hopefully) Zerocoin invent and create a community that support the much needed anonymisation of cryptocurrencies. I fully support all of them.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
darkroad

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:15:24 PM

A safe assumption, you can never be too paranoid. Make encryption for files and communication a habit, always use drops. Caveat Emptor. If you can't and have no interest in protecting yourself online, DarkNet is not the place to be. On the other-hand, if you take adequate steps to protecting yourself, you won't have much to worry about.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1121

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:32:22 PM

A safe assumption, you can never be too paranoid. Make encryption for files and communication a habit, always use drops. Caveat Emptor. If you can't and have no interest in protecting yourself online, DarkNet is not the place to be. On the other-hand, if you take adequate steps to protecting yourself, you won't have much to worry about.

Dude, a tor-market place advertising publicly is obviously a honeypot.
You, a noob profile talking about it is highly suspicious.

Rule number one : don't talk about tor-marketplace
Rule number two : don't talk about tor-marketplace
Rule number three : don't talk about tor-marketplace
crypto33

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:48:13 PM

Not sure about darkcoin, never really sparked that enthusiasm inside me. Even so all the best to everyone involved.
iHeartSmartArt

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 11:54:41 PM

I missed this boat completely sadly..
Said no one wealthy, ever..

Still a new coin and an infant in the market. If you help it grow you will see returns.

You are just in time for the first anonymous digital currency. https://darkcointalk.org/
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:15:46 AM

I missed this boat completely sadly..
Said no one wealthy, ever..

Exactly. I remember people with BTC:

10$ "it's a bubble"
35$ "it's a bubble"
70$ "it's a bubble"
150$ "it's a bubble"
300$ "it's a bubble"
1200$ "damn wish I had some"

2x for DRK (from 1$ to 2$) is nothing in comparison in terms of the train having reached the destination. But then again people thought Litecoin was doomed to 3-4$ max and then it went to 50$.
elixir

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 11:33:04 AM

darkcoin would go well with 666coin.

https://twitter.com/666Coin666

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

If you don't know the history of Bitcoin, on Bitcointalk.org, then you likely don't know why Darkcoin is going to be huge. I have been recommending it since it was .11 USD - I have been mining and recommending to haters since the start.

Why is Bitcoin valuable when Ixcoin could do everything Bitcoin could do? It was first. Darkcoin is the first real anon currency with the best dev team out there, period. Came up with X11, Dark Gravity Wave, Masternodes.. If there is ever a problem, they will fix it, if tech improves they will implement it. It is fine to be in denial, but you will feel a little silly once DRK is over $20 USD.

xux99

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 10:32:19 PM

DarkCoin deserves even higher prices. It should be in the third place of coinmarketcap. Look at the coins above it at the moment, do they offer any significant advantage? I wish some day DarkCoin takes LiteCoin's seat.

neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:19:43 AM

I would say Darkcoin and Myriadocin are the only recent coins with real potential.

Darkcoin --> Anonymity innovation
Myriadcoin --> Multi-PoW innovation

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
Ed4252

Activity: 204

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:22:10 AM

I would say Darkcoin and Myriadocin are the only recent coins with real potential.

Can you use myridacoin anywhere?
What  about vertcoin? It's new and it has a low market cap.

http://vertmap.com/
http://coinmap.org/

It's catching up to LTC.
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:52:22 AM

Can you use myridacoin anywhere?
What  about vertcoin? It's new and it has a low market cap.

http://vertmap.com/
http://coinmap.org/

It's catching up to LTC.

Myriad merchants:

altoutlet.com
coinshipit.com
full integration onto moolah.io's payment processor happening as we speak

As for Vertcoin, I definitely respect them and the community for everything have have done for GPU miners. I think the community will remain strong even with the real possibility of Scrypt-N ASICs down the road (nothing is ASIC resistant).

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Vertcoin and Darkcoin all have "mono-PoWs" (SHA256, Scrypt, Scrypt-N, and X11, respectively). Myriad is a "next generation" multi-PoW blockchain that allows 5 algorithms to mine (SHA256d, Scrypt, Groestl, Skein, and Qubit) and fairly receive equal block rewards equally between ASICs and GPUs while providing benefits to both.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:33:03 AM

I think someone will refine Cryptonote (the bytecoin/monero/etc coin), release it, and implode Darkcoin since it has anonymity built into the protocol instead of a 3rd party hack.

There are also huge red flags about Darkcoin launch having blocks "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50, then having supply further reduced from 80mil to 20mil so that the dev has something like 50% of coins in circulation.  Darkcoin is really dying to be forked and re-released after it's finished.

Most people are worried about developers getting 1-2% premine, I'm not sure how you can give Darkcoin a pass with it's absurd distribution.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:41:49 AM

What's Dark coin gonna do when other coins copy their anominity function?
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:59:03 AM

Darkcoin would have been pumped LONG ago but people were worried about the dev(s) dumping 50% of the money supply on them.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:21:23 AM

Darkcoin would have been pumped LONG ago but people were worried about the dev(s) dumping 50% of the money supply on them.

Dark look over priced to me, not that anybody cares what I think, just saying
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:29:10 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 09:44:49 AM by AlexGR

I think someone will refine Cryptonote (the bytecoin/monero/etc coin), release it, and implode Darkcoin since it has anonymity built into the protocol instead of a 3rd party hack.

There are also huge red flags about Darkcoin launch having blocks "erroneously" set to 500 instead of 50, then having supply further reduced from 80mil to 20mil so that the dev has something like 50% of coins in circulation.  Darkcoin is really dying to be forked and re-released after it's finished.

Most people are worried about developers getting 1-2% premine, I'm not sure how you can give Darkcoin a pass with it's absurd distribution.

Too much fud concentrated on a single post.

1. DRK wasn't premined or ICO'ed. It had fair launch with quick issuing curve due to late diff adjustment (which produced a lot of coins in the first days) for all miners that were mining it.

2. Devs don't have 50% of the coin. What you are reffering is the 50% of the current coins which were issued in the first few days of mining and these were spread to all miners mining it, and then these were distributed at dirt-cheap prices (sell orders of XX.XXX coins at 0.0000x BTC each at ccex), which were then resold at higher prices etc etc. With millions of USD in volume the last month, any mention of problematic distribution has become totally obsolete due to loads of selling action from those who held cheaply bought coins from the first two-three weeks or so. For anyone following the price of DRK they know that there was constant dumping of the first coins for one and a half month - with many complaining of the price suppression and the first coins etc etc. However, you can't have both price suppression/dumping AND simultaneously preserve the initial distribution. It's either this, or that. You can't have both. So the dumping ensured that the initial distribution changed significantly. And when the pumps came, massive unloading occured at post 0.002 levels which made distribution very good.

3. Cryptonote is too problematic right now. Refinement is a very mild way of putting it. The fact that exchanges don't even add these coins is an indications that they are doing something wrong. Command line wallets are also very ...80's. The fact that DarkSend can be implemented as a "hack" on Bitcoin clones is actually an advantage because it can provide anonymity to multiple cryptocurrencies instead of requiring new coins, while preserving the Bitcoin infastructure (GUIs, mining programs, exchange software compatibility etc etc).

4. Regarding the devs changing the coin max limit: It was voted by the community, it wasn't a single decision by the devs. The vote is here (78% in favor): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.0

...this should answer the "fud" of the above and below posts.
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:32:04 AM

THE FACTS ABOUT DARK COIN

1. released without windows QT so that only dev and pals could mine it.

2. Instamined harder than any other coin out there  12.5% of the current minting was mined in the first day

3. Later they decided to cut the minting by 75% to turn their 12.5% instamine with no windows QT into 50% instamine in 24hours - nice hey

yes that is correct they mined 50% of all the coins available at this time by themselves in the first 24 hours whilst windows users could not mine.

That is the facts.... doesn't matter what else they say... nothing can change what they have done.

Once zero coin, or bytecoin with a decent wallet it released or another darkcoin clone is released.... dark coin will sink like a stone.

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

The transparent market right now (which are all non-anonymous coins) is ~7bn USD.

The anonymous market is ~ 10 mn USD.

If 1-10% of the transparent market moves to the private/anonymous market, we are talking about 70-700mn USD for all anonymous coins.

This "pie" is too large for a single coin to own it. In fact it would be unhealthy to do so. Therefore multiple coins can co-exist in this 70-700mn market cap and benefit from it (by multiplying their price and marketcap), all the while competing to make the best anonymous solution (which, again, is quite healthy).

Clones aren't much of an issue though because a) they are not innovating b) their price barrier will always be dictated by the "why should I invest in this clonecoin instead of the original?" factor... and the more clones there are, the better it is for the original coin - as the market is saturated with clones.

Btw, Darkcoin is not only about privacy: It's really a bleeding edge coin / a development platform for new stuff - and I predict a bumpy ride due to this issue alone, as much stuff will need patching as it goes along. I believe there will be issues with future functionality as some of the things are totally new and have the potential for quite a few bugs to resolve, like the 10% payment, in a proof of stake/proof of service way, towards the masternodes. We might even see fork failures. Bleeding edge, is bleeding edge - so one must be ready for everything... Personally I'd take bleeding edge any day over a shitcoin - and so far it's paying out handsomely despite whatever issues have appeared and been resolved so far.

Regarding future development, the Dev is commited* to bring new features in the long run, including more anonymity features + mainstream features. He hinted of a killer mainstream feature after he finishes with DarkSend. We'll see how that goes.

* As a full time job for the next 2 years.
t3xasdolly

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:43:14 AM

It is fine to be in denial, but you will feel a little silly once DRK is over $20 USD.

I dont care about future price, if the coin will be really usefull with no other coin offering the same I will just buy dollar equivalent to perform the operation...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: