Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it me or is Darkcoin the only coin with real potentional? 100% anonymous wow.  (Read 10141 times)
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:09:18 AM

Not just you, I typically care little about alts because bitcoin is functionally "the reserve currency" of cryptos.

Dark is first to market with a feature much clamored for. Others may state "any coin can do that if they want", the fact is they aren't and by that logic bitcoin would be worthless because there are clones. First to market is key.

Dark also seems to have some competent organization behind it, which is rare.

The user base won't be just the drug world and pedo's, but people who are into crypto because they believe in the political promise. Built-in anonymity is a huge component in achieving these ends.

The government is useless to stop it, you're a fool if you fear the effects of a ban-hammer... the government can't even keep drugs out of prison.

Lastly, stupid and useless coins go places all the time, that should build confidence in a coin that actually has some utility over bitcoin.

The tech is good, the devs are smart. The result is bad.

The gov could crush crypto as we know it like an ant.

China just suggested they didn't like it much and bitcoin fell like a stone.

The US gov says it is banned and persons using will be treated as money launderers. BTC = $1

If you don't believe the btc team or ltc team couldn't do the same thing.... you are wrong. They do not want to because they know it would be a big move backwards in terms of mainstream usage and acceptance.

Let's wait and see. However i think you know really how this will play out.  The hype over dark currency will be short lived for most. I am saying drk is at the peak or near it's peak. Lets see if i am correct or not.

How is the result  bad? because it is your opinion dark=risk?

No, it couldn't, the government is ineffectual... it hates bitcoin but won't fight it because it doesn't want to get slapped around like a bitch. It knows full well it is much more efficacious to keep legal and control end points than to ban completely, hense why it is easier to get weed in high school than alcohol as an example. DarkCoin is the Tor of Bitcoin, I see no bans on Tor yet and it has been well known for quite some time.

China? an exchange ran into regulatory hurdles and btc RETRACED... FROM ALL TIME HIGHS. It isn't like it collapsed.

If the gov banned all crypto, there is still rest of world and agorists using it. It will be a setback on valuation but would probably still be up over 1000% over the last 52 weeks. Keep in mind, it has little ability to enforce these laws.

LTC is useless garbage, it offers no advantages over bitcoin, its a chump coin for those who are angry they got into bitcoin to late. Even dogecoin is superior to it. If LTC can maintain a respectable market cap, so can a coin that actually offers some utility.

Well, if you think it will just be a minor setback in price if the US bans bitcoin...... then we'll just have to wait and see.

Let's see how the opinion here goes after a few months if drk continues to do well and spawns a lot of drk clones.

You see it as a positive, i see it as a  positive from a tech side, and negative with regard the bigger picture..........if getting crypto into mainstream is the goal anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
metstijl (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:11:00 AM

Clones won't matter.
We are nr 1 like bitcoin is nr 1.
Get over it.
Mainstream is not key to succes. Look to Silkroad..
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:13:29 AM

we simply don't find that acceptable in beeworld...

Holy mother of god I'm shitting my pants
whahahahahaah
Please stop Cheesy
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_small/1112/11123556/2324351-1747297224-78793.gif

A person upon whom irony is lost apparently. That's a shock.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:15:46 AM

Clones won't matter.
Get over it.

hehe who is we're ..... you don't have any darkcoins?? remember you missed out??

I thought you just spotted it today??? now it's we're.

DRK coin is lucky to have you doing damage to their currency. With supporters like yourself they don't need any pointed questions in their direction. If i was running their thread i'd be hoping you didn't come back...

You're openly saying that you are hoping for dark drugs sites and pedo sites ....since you are assuming they will flock to darkcoin and boost price.....hehe i hope they're not paying you to promote the coin because they just got a lot of monies worth there.

you have probably done more damage to dark coin than i could ever do.

thanks.... continue talking....i like speaking to you.

hiltonizer

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:16:54 AM

Not just you, I typically care little about alts because bitcoin is functionally "the reserve currency" of cryptos.

Dark is first to market with a feature much clamored for. Others may state "any coin can do that if they want", the fact is they aren't and by that logic bitcoin would be worthless because there are clones. First to market is key.

The user base won't be just the drug world and pedo's, but people who are into crypto because they believe in the political promise. Built-in anonymity is a huge component in achieving these ends.

The government is useless to stop it, you're a fool if you fear the effects of a ban-hammer... the government can't even keep drugs out of prison.

Lastly, stupid and useless coins go places all the time, that should build confidence in a coin that actually has some utility over bitcoin.

The US gov says it is banned and persons using will be treated as money launderers. BTC = $1

If you don't believe the btc team or ltc team couldn't do the same thing.... you are wrong. They do not want to because they know it would be a big move backwards in terms of mainstream usage and acceptance.

Let's wait and see. However i think you know really how this will play out.  The hype over dark currency will be short lived for most. I am saying drk is at the peak or near it's peak. Lets see if i am correct or not.

No, it couldn't, the government is ineffectual... it hates bitcoin but won't fight it because it doesn't want to get slapped around like a bitch. It knows full well it is much more efficacious to keep legal and control end points than to ban completely, hense why it is easier to get weed in high school than alcohol as an example. DarkCoin is the Tor of Bitcoin, I see no bans on Tor yet and it has been well known for quite some time.

China? an exchange ran into regulatory hurdles and btc RETRACED... FROM ALL TIME HIGHS. It isn't like it collapsed.

If the gov banned all crypto, there is still rest of world and agorists using it. It will be a setback on valuation but would probably still be up over 1000% over the last 52 weeks. Keep in mind, it has little ability to enforce these laws.

LTC is useless garbage, it offers no advantages over bitcoin, its a chump coin for those who are angry they got into bitcoin to late. Even dogecoin is superior to it. If LTC can maintain a respectable market cap, so can a coin that actually offers some utility.

Well, if you think it will just be a minor setback in price if the US bans bitcoin...... then we'll just have to wait and see.

Let's see how the opinion here goes after a few months if drk continues to do well and spawns a lot of drk clones.

You see it as a positive, i see it as a  positive from a tech side, and negative with regard the bigger picture..........if getting crypto into mainstream is the goal anyway.

I fail to see how something that is positive from the aspect of tech can also be negative from the bigger picture when the bigger picture is tech. The mainstream caveat is also dubious, we're talking about a successful altcoin, not adoption of bitcoin by 7 billion people.

The position you are advocating, is that a technological advancement in crypto that adds to the crypto toolbelt is a net negative for the crypto eco-system. Does not compute.

DarkCoin: XiZutyRTPTEFQm5aH2de2SCmzfgE6B78uK
Bitcoin: 1P4wYgkKTh3WzHUGqLFaef23bAeM4UV2jB
metstijl (OP)

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:17:26 AM

Clones won't matter.
Get over it.

hehe who is we're ..... you don't have any darkcoins?? remember you missed out??

I thought you just spotted it today??? now it's we're.

DRK coin is lucky to have you doing damage to their currency. With supporters like yourself they don't need any pointed questions in their direction. If i was running their thread i'd be hoping you didn't come back...

This thread has been a comedy for anyone doubting your motives.

I just bought in.
Keep bumping mate , you are making Darkcoin even bigger Smiley.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:22:54 AM

I fail to see how something that is positive from the aspect of tech can also be negative from the bigger picture when the bigger picture is tech. The mainstream caveat is also dubious, we're talking about a successful altcoin, not adoption of bitcoin by 7 billion people.

The position you are advocating, is that a technological advancement in crypto that adds to the crypto toolbelt is a net negative for the crypto eco-system. Does not compute.

Well your bigger picture may be tech. My bigger picture sadly is profit. Tech advanced in a direction that hurts profit = bad

Let me put it simply ...perhaps the fault is mine for not being clear.... here goes....

Crypto going mainstream even in it's current form (non dark)  = bigger profit for everyone involved in crypto right now.

Crypto with advanced anon tech not getting to go mainstream = less profit for everyone invovled in crypto right now.

LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:32:30 AM

I just bought in.

I love it, streisand effect working beautifully.

Can we get some slightly more sane / civil discussion? I'd like to see an objective debate of its pros and cons.

The lack of a decentralised exchange seems like a con. What would be involved in getting one set up?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
hiltonizer

Activity: 104

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:34:35 AM

Well your bigger picture may be tech. My bigger picture sadly is profit. Tech advanced in a direction that hurts profit = bad

Let me put it simply ...perhaps the fault is mine for not being clear.... here goes....

Crypto going mainstream even in it's current form (non dark)  = bigger profit for everyone involved in crypto right now.

Crypto with advanced anon tech not getting to go mainstream = less profit for everyone invovled in crypto right now.

I like profit as much as the next guy, but to me adoption has more important implications than profit, though I think dark achieves both of our ends.

I simply do not see dark crypto as a threat to the crypto ecosystem. I agree with you that the bitcoin foundation would compel us to submit to anal probes if it meant getting eBay to accept it, however I think that is why altcoins like dark are necessary, as the anon feature which will invariably be painted "evil" is segregated. The anon feature however is very necessary to its growth as the core principles of crypto are dependent upon it. There are literally posts on reddit  by "libertarians" warning against using crypto because its a government scheme to track you. Keep in mind, the MSM is already painting Bitcoin as the criminal currency, darkcoin can draw no-worse attention.

Crypto is anti-government by breaking the fiat monopoly, so anonymity is necessary to be effective at subverting currency controls. Bitcoin is the backdoor to crypto acceptance, while darkcoin can be the crypto equivalent of a swiss bank account. And last I checked, Switzerland isn't rich just because of watches.

With Bitcoin being the "reserve currency" of crypto, darkcoin will drive its price up because it is just now one more tool that can be bought with bitcoins (because as we know there will never be fiat-> dark exchanges). Darkcoin is dependent on Bitcoin staying the way it is.

DarkCoin: XiZutyRTPTEFQm5aH2de2SCmzfgE6B78uK
Bitcoin: 1P4wYgkKTh3WzHUGqLFaef23bAeM4UV2jB
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:36:20 AM

I just bought in.

I love it, streisand effect working beautifully.

another noob shill that has nothing to reply to the points i've made...

if you have read this entire thread and think it is anything other than something the darkcoin devs would like deleted....then you are dumber than the OP and that is a tough act to top.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:49:27 AM

Crypto going mainstream even in it's current form (non dark)  = bigger profit for everyone involved in crypto right now.

I like profit as much as the next guy, but to me adoption has more important implications than profit, though I think dark achieves both of our ends.

I simply do not see dark crypto as a threat to the crypto ecosystem. I agree with you that the bitcoin foundation would compel us to submit to anal probes if it meant getting eBay to accept it, however I think that is why altcoins like dark are necessary, as the anon feature which will invariably be painted "evil" is segregated. The anon feature however is very necessary to its growth as the core principles of crypto are dependent upon it. There are literally posts on reddit  by "libertarians" warning against using crypto because its a government scheme to track you. Keep in mind, the MSM is already painting Bitcoin as the criminal currency, darkcoin can draw no-worse attention.

Crypto is anti-government by breaking the fiat monopoly, so anonymity is necessary to be effective at subverting currency controls. Bitcoin is the backdoor to crypto acceptance, while darkcoin can be the crypto equivalent of a swiss bank account. And last I checked, Switzerland isn't rich just because of watches.

With Bitcoin being the "reserve currency" of crypto, darkcoin will drive its price up because it is just now one more tool that can be bought with bitcoins (because as we know there will never be fiat-> dark exchanges). Darkcoin is dependent on Bitcoin staying the way it is.

The swiss just got their asses handed to them as did those hoping to keep anything dark there.  I agree with what you say in part. However, purely in terms of profit i see darkcoin as a step in the wrong direction.

It's late here so time for bed.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.  As you say MSM and many want to paint bitcoin as bad. Silk road helped that image. The bitcoin bigwigs whom have most at steak and want profits are pushing for transparency based on profit. They have no principles or core beliefs in crypto that they are not willing to forget for hard cash. Same for most here.   I just think darkcoin will give these people the excuse they are looking for.

I don't see bitcoin being able to exist whilst like you say you can exchange anon currency into it so easily. They will most likely just try and blanket ban the lot.  It will not be that easy to seperate them.

If dark coin was eventually pushed to the fringes only and bitcoin goes mainstream.... then you would really really need a good reason to use anon currency to risk it. You can be sure there will be exagerated penalities for it.

Dark is a good tech coin, smart team. Is it the most promising coin for profits...........not for me it is not.  It is high risk for the reasons i have said and because it can be copied. If nxt had released full source i beleive we would have seen another 1000  nxt clones and that would be worth a lot less too even though there is without question innovation there too. 

Well let's revisit this matter in a few months and see where we are.

B2BigAl

Activity: 68

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:32:35 AM

I don't think it's the only coin with potential, but its certainly my favorite coin.  Its the only coin I've bothered to actually invest in long term.  99% of the coins I see coming out every day are just garbage, but I think drk is part of the 1% that actually have a chance and provide something useful or different.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:21:36 AM

Let me tell you darkcoins potential = potential to get itself banned, exchanges taken down and other alts banned.

You assume of course that the community will fail to launch a decentralized exchange and that >150 countries (including countries which have assessed digital currency as legal) would somehow simultaneously ban the coin, preventing exchanges operating in them. How likely is that double assumption?

I assume one look at your thread with calls for decentralized drug exchanges, now this one with hopes for pedo sites...is actually enough to get this board taken down. If i were on the darkcoin thread i would be banning these people and moderating that thread.

A digital currency with the sole intention of being anon is sadly probably not part of the deal. I mean you could phone up to enquire but after watching the hearings live i noticed they seem none too keen.

What is more worrying to me is that the alt community is not up in arms about darkcoin..... strangely enough i was kind of pro anon coin way back.... however after watching the hearings i am now certain dark currency is the biggest threat to crypto.

It was all laughing and fun unitl the talk about dark currency came up. The laughing stopped, the discussion stopped, the kind of this sounds interesting, we like the sound of this innovation that could make us money and be good for business in all kinds of ways.... all stopped.  We will never accept dark currency, bitcoin needs to be transparent or forget about it. That was the message i really can't see how the message was not clear.

The funny thing is >150 countries the US probably makes up like 100 of them, .... Russia don't like the sound of it. China well mixed signals but they like control so proabably not too pro.  The Uk will do as the US says of course.  Kiss those goodbye and bitcoin is about $1 again.

Things are going okay i guess, but any big moves towards dark currency i fear the worst.

Decentralized exchanges are needed, let's get them going....where have they been for the last 4 years?

However still, if using crypto becomes banned and carries the same penalty as money laundering then i think the user base will shrink somewhat regardless of what exchanges there are.

Darkcoin is a great idea, sadly it is just not worth the hassle for the gains the average user will get from it.

A lot of the bitcoin community are against greater transparency, and perhaps bitcoin is already transparent enough. Although to hear the bitcoin bigwigs talking they will make you take dna swabs if it means big business accepts bitcoin and it can go to 50k per coin.

I guess the choice is for everyone to make personally. I like privacy, i want more privacy. Will i demand privacy over crypto existance in any meaningful form.....in this case no. Fuck it we're on to a good thing, let's not rock the boat with the only semi pro gov out there right now.

Sure keep darkcoin, but the moment it endangers all other crypto i hope the rest of the commmunity are ready to cut it free on its own....don't take every alt down with you.

You are either seeing it wrong or trying to manipulate public opinion. DarkCoin doesn't exists to be the currency used by pedo and drugmarket, it's one possible use of it, the same currently those are using cash or BTC, and that's not good, or bad, to the coin, it's just a fact.

There are many potential uses of DarkCoin, people in some countries would like to pay for VPN anonymous services with anonymous currency, to protect themselves from their government. Same goes with anonymous domain registers, people have this need, and DarkCoin will help them there, or for adult entertainment sites or services, I wouldn't want anyone to know where I spend my money with just a simple look to the block chain, some people appreciate privacy, that's why DarkCoin has potential. Of course it will be useful with underground markets like SilkRoad, they were using BTC before, they will move to DRK, but that's just another use for it.

And any country which decides to ban cryptocoins won't do it because of DRK, they will ban any type of, starting with BTC.

The fact that you don't like it, and/or you don't need it, doesn't reply the question made by the OP "does it have real potential?" The answer is clearly YES, because there is a demand, and DarkCoin is here to cover that necessity.

Replying to the OP, I don't think it's the only one, but one of the few. Gridcoin, VTC, MSC ... I think there is a list of maybe 5 coins with some real potential, because they serve a purpose, at some point people get tired of coins that don't have real use.

DarkCoin is a top notch coin made to cover a demand in the market for personal privacy.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:48:34 AM

CryptoHunter your wall's of text clearly show how naive you really are...I guess that's why you love BeeCoin lol

Supply and demand - if you can buy "things" with DarkCoin which stops the government from tracking and or identifying to particular individuals...there's going to be a lot of people who can "make use" of this technology. If people use it, and want it - it gains value...

How do you think Bitcoin got its first injection of real value -- Silk Road -- it wasn't just a bunch of nerds looking at how many Bitcoins they have in their wallet.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:08:10 AM

Contrary to what most people think the most common use of BTC is not illegal activities, but gifts and donations.

Let's say for a moment that I want to donate some money to Wikileaks or to Edward Snowden, if I were a US citizen would I want my government to know that I sympathize with this cause?

There are so many real uses for this coin within the legal range ... perhaps you forgot that most people outside crypto community think that BTC is only useful to buy drugs... my last purchase using BTC was a bicycle baby seat for my toddler Smiley
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:45:36 AM

Is it me or is this thread astroturfing?

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:45:58 PM

It's very funny to read people from the US that think the world is ONLY the US, with the issues, problems, and debates of the US rich people.

The fact is now a lot of goverments in the world work AGAINST their own people. In fact some of they KILL their own people:

- Think about gay people in uganda or russia
- People opression in nepal, china, etc..
- Women Human rights in some countries of the middle east
- Oposition in Iran, palestinians in occupied territories in palestine, etc..

It is not about pedo or porn or drugs, Darkcoin is a weapon to people who are working against their systems.

For me Darkcoin (and future true anoncoins) will be a way to move resources without the big brother eye of the goverments.

And NO, YOUR goverment can't crush crypto. They don't have the power that we have.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:56:56 PM

For me Annoncoin>Darkcoin>Fedora1st-mixing.....>Zerocash.
In future we will see how it will rise.
I have all of these coins just in case that i want support hmm in future sites like: wikileaks,thepiratebay such useful webs all heard about it them i don't want support form my BC address directly Tongue i think there is needs to have such coins.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

Yes it is you. There are many currencies with better potential than DarkCoin.

In fact, many alts are planing to have either a coin mixer or a total anonymizer.

DarkCoin is a copycoin with the promise of having anonymity but in fact it have nothing right now. You must be dump to invest in it without doing some research.

FreePls

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:12:09 PM

Yes it is you. There are many currencies with better potential than DarkCoin.

In fact, many alts are planing to have either a coin mixer or a total anonymizer.

DarkCoin is a copycoin with the promise of having anonymity but in fact it have nothing right now. You must be dump to invest in it without doing some research.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: