Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:23:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!!  (Read 38732 times)
BenTuras (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:30:27 PM

How tall does a 33 stack go?
*grins* I would make 2 towers, but if you insist: ~ 33 x 2.5cm or 33 inch

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 12:37:30 PM

You should rename the special offer to #towerofpower. If you can get it up to 240cm then you can wedge it into the ceiling and no more stability problems Wink You could literally make hot and cold corridors by making towers to the ceiling!

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:48:44 PM

You should rename the special offer to #towerofpower. If you can get it up to 240cm then you can wedge it into the ceiling and no more stability problems Wink You could literally make hot and cold corridors by making towers to the ceiling!
Ha ha ha ha ha, your imagination is running wild.
OK, specially for you: #towerofpower, 100 bare boards, 22.5BTC - 3 TH/s - the dogie special Wink
stock is limited for this special model, LOL

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 01:05:21 PM

That would then discriminate against any other cscape based bitfury mining hardware that comes out with >6 chips and alas they all have no unique identifier apart from:
Code:
  iManufacturer           1 c-scape
  iProduct                2 bi?fury
Which the bi*fury, hex*fury and these OSMs have as well. Now if you wanted to get the designer to change the iProduct in your devices it would be mighty helpful for both of us.
I agree, we had thought about it but valued compatibility with existing cgminer program higher than the additional time required to create our own driver in cgminer.

Now that you are supporting our OSMs, it's a different story. (It was our choice to not get you on board earlier).

What do you think of naming the product OneStringMiner15, or OSM15 to have a unique iProduct and an indication of the number of chips on it ?

The existing customers can chose to update their firmware once there is an advantage in doing so.
In the mean time their OneStringMiner just keeps on running with the default Bitfury driver and settings.
OSM or even a longer name without the number is enough since the communication protocol already reports back the number of chips, otherwise I'd need to manually add any unique combination that comes out every time you design a new board Wink

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 01:27:57 PM

OSM or even a longer name without the number is enough since the communication protocol already reports back the number of chips, otherwise I'd need to manually add any unique combination that comes out every time you design a new board Wink
Agree, so I compiled a version with the string 'OneString' as iProduct.
This file is for Con only, please do not update your board until cgminer supports this new iProduct ID!!
http://www.btcguru.eu/downloads/BETA/firmware.bin-OneString

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

Are you closer to a firmware update for the Serial connection that works up to your standards yet?

I do have a question.

How many boards would need to be setup before you would need to hook up more than one PCIe power cable to them?
Also to you suggest two power cables in one board or one on every other one or some sort of scheme?

Thanks

This file is for Con only, please do not update your board until cgminer supports this new iProduct ID!!

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:35:13 PM

Are you closer to a firmware update for the Serial connection that works up to your standards yet?
We're still busy optimising it and not satisfied yet.
How many boards would need to be setup before you would need to hook up more than one PCIe power cable to them?
The official statement is 5 boards max to one PCIe cable.
A good PSU manufacturer will use quality cables and you can go higher.
The interboard power cables we supply with the board are of good quality.
Also to you suggest two power cables in one board or one on every other one or some sort of scheme?
No, the board works perfect with one of the two PCIe connections used.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:45:32 PM

Excellent news on all fronts.
I am using a Corsair 500 Watt PSU.  Working great with them.
Thanks for the update.

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 01:24:39 AM

Excellent news on all fronts.
I am using a Corsair 500 Watt PSU.  Working great with them.
Thanks for the update.

@BenTuras. Is it ok to multihome the power cables on a stack as long as they all come from the same psu?

eg in a stack of 5 from a single psu run 12V and gnd to 1,3,5

I ask b/c I've repurposed an xbox 360 psu into a 230W 12V adj bench supply. While I wait on a female pcie connector I planned on hooking the wires up to the screw terminals

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 05:18:05 AM

@BenTuras. Is it ok to multihome the power cables on a stack as long as they all come from the same psu?

I ask b/c I've repurposed an xbox 360 psu into a 230W 12V adj bench supply. While I wait on a female pcie connector I planned on hooking the wires up to the screw terminals
In a stack of five, I would connect gnd and 12V from the PSU to the board in the middle(#3) and use the supplied inter board power cables to connect #3 to #2 and #4 and connect #2 to #1 and #4 to #5

The inter board power cable is the cable between the tire wraps and the hex spacers:

(Contents of DIY1 set)

Taugeran

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:03:42 AM

In a stack of five, I would connect gnd and 12V from the PSU to the board in the middle(#3) and use the supplied inter board power cables to connect #3 to #2 and #4 and connect #2 to #1 and #4 to #5

The inter board power cable is the cable between the tire wraps and the hex spacers:

(Contents of DIY1 set)

copy. will post results running at 12V

Come join Coinbase
Taugeran

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:02:23 AM

Come join Coinbase
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:46:56 AM

Nice, temp of BXF0 is a bit high, check that the fan is blowing air both below and above the chips on that board.

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:33:55 AM

33 board, ~1TH/s EASTER SPECIAL OFFER:
This offer is valid till Monday, April 21, 18:00h CET
You will receive 33 bare boards.
Payment in BTC or bank transfer. 7.5BTC or the equivalent in fiat, exchange rate from bitpay.com.
VAT will have to be added for European orders, unless you have a valid VAT number.
Your order will be shipped by FedEx, free of charge, after we received your payment.
Speed of 25GH/s is guaranteed per board, with proper cooling they run faster than 30GH/s, making a total of over 1TH/s.
Have a look at the DIY1 product for ideas about cooling.
Overvolting possible for even higher speeds, but voids warranty.

16 board tower, now imagine twice as high:

Taugeran

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

...img....
Nice, temp of BXF0 is a bit high, check that the fan is blowing air both below and above the chips on that board.

i got an ok earlier in this thread or the string dev thread that 65-75C are perfectly acceptable. draw slightly more power but still ok.

and once i get some proper cooling. ill be cranking these guys to 35+ so i can break 300Ghash

Come join Coinbase
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:49:21 PM

i got an ok earlier in this thread or the string dev thread that 65-75C are perfectly acceptable. draw slightly more power but still ok.
and once i get some proper cooling. ill be cranking these guys to 35+ so i can break 300Ghash
It is ok, i only notice the difference with the other boards, that's why I am wondering if it gets enough air flow over it and underneath it.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:26:52 PM

Now that's what I call responsive  Smiley

Will get right on it, thanks.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2014, 02:56:39 AM

This company's rating has changed in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:12:43 AM

WOW Many thx to dogie keeping us up to date with many things in the crypto world. 2 thumbs up !

Congrats to OSM & team for getting good ratings. Looking fwd to more competitive prices.
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 10:11:35 AM

Thanks for informing us Dogie, but do a search on OneStringMiner.
The information is not 100% up-to-date and the promotion to B has been delayed ?!

OneStringMiner   OSM   Link   Link   Yes   Yes   C+   Uses Bitfury chips, only sells in hand hardware.
OneStringMiner set to C. Promotion to B if no problems until April 26th.
SpondooliesTech promoted to B. Promotion to B+ if May batch shipping is on time.
OneStringMiner promoted to C+. Promotion to B if no problems by May 10th.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: