Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:02:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IN STOCK - OneStringMiner boards, up to 39GH/s last ITEMS: from US$15...FUN!!!  (Read 38732 times)
BenTuras (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 05:32:33 AM

Was just curious if you had plans to switch after your stock was exhausted of rev1.
Yes, since the V1 chips are not available anymore afaik.
Since you say you do have rev2 boards running. Do the crack 43+ghash when fully OCed
I haven't overvolted them yet. Will do soon.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 01:17:46 PM

This company's rating has changed in the Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide.

Wyatt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:50:04 AM

My 3* boards have just arrived.  My power supply has no PCIe connector, just single positive and negative wires.  My question is; what is the best way to wire this to my board?
Should I wire the power supply wires to some sort of adapter and plug into the PCIe connection or would it be better to figure out a way to wire this to the barrel jack connection?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:48:17 AM

My 3* boards have just arrived.  My power supply has no PCIe connector, just single positive and negative wires.  My question is; what is the best way to wire this to my board?
Should I wire the power supply wires to some sort of adapter and plug into the PCIe connection or would it be better to figure out a way to wire this to the barrel jack connection?

I sell pci-e connectors with thick 16awg wires in my signature.  might take a few days to arrive though but are an excellent solution that will not melt like cheap 18awg or smaller wires can

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
cscape

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:07:06 AM

You can put bare wires in the green screw terminals.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
Wyatt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:26:35 AM

Great, thanks for that.  I will run bare wires to one board and then using the short connecting wires (supplied with boards) run power from that board to the other 2 consecutively.  I was tempted to try this already, but resisted the urge out of fear of destroying my new gear.
cscape

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:27:53 AM

Great, thanks for that.  I will run bare wires to one board and then using the short connecting wires (supplied with boards) run power from that board to the other 2 consecutively.  I was tempted to try this already, but resisted the urge out of fear of destroying my new gear.

Just make sure you get the polarity right.

Happy with your c-scape product ? Consider a tip: 16X2FWVRz6UzPWsu4WjKBMJatR7UvyKzcy
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:28:29 AM

Has there been any progress on the new Firmware so they can work with BFGMiner?  
Luke has said that is all that is left to be done.
I know Ben you have been working hard on that and the serial interface tweaks so it will run well from a single USB cable.

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:34:37 AM

You can do this:
1. jump start the power supply, by shorting the green wire and the black wire next to it (position 4 and 5 of the connector) with a paperclip, like this:

2. check the voltage on a black and yellow wire with a multimeter, if it's at least 11.8V, the power supply is usable (I picked an old PSU and it showed 11.3V. This means slow hashing, so better get another PSU)

3. Disconnect the mains from the PSU
4. If you're ok with cutting the wires of the PSU, cut black and yellow wires of connectors. Start with a connector that only has black and yellow, then move to connectors with red, black and yellow. Only use the yellow and black wires. Do not use any of the big connector.
5. Strip all yellow wires, bundle the stripped part together and connect to the 12V on the green screw terminal of the middle board of your stack.
6. Do the same for all black wires, and connect to the GND of the green screw terminal of the middle board of your stack.
7. Use the supplied power cables to connect board 1 to board 2 using the screw terminals (red on 12V, black on GND) and connect board 2 and 3 in the same way.
8. Connect the USB cables, start cgminer and then connect the mains again.
9. The boards should start hashing

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:46:26 AM

I know Ben you have been working hard on that and the serial interface tweaks so it will run well from a single USB cable.

After lengthy testing we now know that not all boards will run OK over the serial connection. There is a hardware issue that is causing communication errors on some boards when the serial connection is used. This is not an issue when the boards are used over USB.
And if a stack runs OK with the serial connection, the total hashrate will most likely not be higher than an USB connected stack.
I did manage to get up to 500GH/s for a 16 board tower, but only after replacing suboptimal boards.
That same stack went up to 507GH/s when connected over USB, but that might have been a matter of luck.

I am currently testing a stack that consists of boards that have been modified by hand.

Regarding Bfgminer, Luke is waiting on me for a version of the firmware that includes the number of chips in the answer that the board gives on the version question send by Bfgminer. I am not sure why, but it seems that the boards are not answering, or I am doing something wrong. I am still investigating.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:52:31 AM

Thanks for the update.
That is a bummer on the serial connection for the boards.
Do you think I should try it out on my boards and give you the results?
I can do that if that would help?
I have 5 boards to string together.

Hopefully you can figure out BFG support I will keep being patient.   Smiley

Thanks again.

After lengthy testing we now know that not all boards will run OK over the serial connection. There is a hardware issue that is causing communication errors on some boards when the serial connection is used. This is not an issue when the boards are used over USB.
And if a stack runs OK with the serial connection, the total hashrate will most likely not be higher than an USB connected stack.
I did manage to get up to 500GH/s for a 16 board tower, but only after replacing suboptimal boards.
That same stack went up to 507GH/s when connected over USB, but that might have been a matter of luck.

I am currently testing a stack that consists of boards that have been modified by hand.

Regarding Bfgminer, Luke is waiting on me for a version of the firmware that includes the number of chips in the answer that the board gives on the version question send by Bfgminer. I am not sure why, but it seems that the boards are not answering, or I am doing something wrong. I am still investigating.

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:16:40 AM

Do you think I should try it out on my boards and give you the results?
Thanks for the offer. You'll need to get cgminer from the github and compile it. Then download the serial firmware, apply it to all boards, make a serial loop cable, get 5 jumpers to short the SERIAL pins on each board and start cgminer. Let me know which step needs additional info.
Hopefully you can figure out BFG support I will keep being patient.   Smiley
Thanks.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 07:31:29 AM

I just posted a new version of cgminer, 4.3.3, which has a fix for a huge memory leak which has always been there with the driver for this particular hardware, along with support for the experimental firmware which discretely recognises these devices as OSM. All users mining with this hardware on cgminer are urged to upgrade.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 10:28:39 AM

I just posted a new version of cgminer, 4.3.3, which has a fix for a huge memory leak which has always been there with the driver for this particular hardware, along with support for the experimental firmware which discretely recognises these devices as OSM. All users mining with this hardware on cgminer are urged to upgrade.
Thanks Con Smiley

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:33:49 PM

Since it has been a while, I updated the prices:

The prices as of May 17th, excluding shipment:
Product   #boards   GH/s   outside EU price in $   price including VAT inside EU   price excluding VAT for business owners
DIY   1   25+   $109.95   €97.15   €80.29
DIY0   1   25+   $142.61   €134.48   €111.14
DIY1   1   30+   $152.19   €148.49   €122.72
DIY2   2   60+   $301.73   €283.55   €234.34

OP is also updated with these latest prices.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:17:48 PM

Sold out yet Ben?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:19:26 PM

Sold out yet Ben?
I wish!
Stock still available, no worries.

BFL87

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:30:54 AM

I i want to buy one of this boards but i don't know what are real prices 97€?
Did you have some stock? Grin
I live in italy, if is it possible, can you expain prices with VAT of diy1 and 2?

BenTuras (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:38:30 AM

I i want to buy one of this boards but i don't know what are real prices 97€?
Did you have some stock? Grin
I live in italy, if is it possible, can you expain prices with VAT of diy1 and 2?
Hi BFL87,
The price for a single board, without heat sink, usb cable and all other items is indeed €97, excluding shipment.
I have stock available of all items.
Have a look at the pictures in the first message in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.msg5457850#msg5457850
Picture one shows a bare board, this is what you get for €97.
Picture two shows a DIY1 kit, this is what you get for €148.
DIY2 is twice the contents of DIY1, but not 2 small heatsinks, but one big heat sink.
If you want to order or know the shipment cost, send an email to sales@btcguru.eu with your address and I will reply with shipment price.

BFL87

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:39:49 AM

Ok i understand, but is the DIY1 compatible with BFGminer? I use it because is more stable than cgminer....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: