Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scalping / Intraday strategies for BTC  (Read 294 times)
crypmike (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 07:35:41 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2018, 07:46:52 PM by crypmike

In different market stages, we have to apply different strategies

As the market does almost nothing for 3 weeks, I wonder any scalping or intraday strategies to make 1-2% daily (even more with margin)

Does anyone practice it or know nice strategies acceptable to BTC / alts?

1,5,15 mins timeframes

My twitter — https://twitter.com/CrypMike

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

If you trade bitcoin in the Forex market, then it's useless.
There's a huge spread!

Moreover, we can predict traffic only on large time frames.
Scalping will result in a zero balance ....

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

crypmike (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 08:08:05 AM

There's a huge spread!

But also higher volatility. It’s possible to scalp 0,2%+ from each trade

Also interested in intraday strategies, not only scalping

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

There's a huge spread!

You can margin trade on bitmex where is 0.5$ spread which is 0,008%.

Scalping will never result in a zero balance. You grab 0.2 % and out. If trade is not going well you cut losses at like -0.5%. How the hell make that way 0 balance? By houndreds fail trades one by one without any reflection? If you see that your strategy is eating your wallet you stop and change it or jump to complitly different one. Hodling will result in a zero balance ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4456137.msg39881422#msg39881422 - topic about risk in holding and trading strategy).

1- cut losses. Sometime it will make you eat your desk seeing how your coin is rebouncing after your sell but its better to see -10% each day for 2 weeks hoping for it to rebounce especcialy that you entered trade short term without deeper research for long trade (in which you are)
2- be on market for as long as you can. All indicators are useless. You need to know what average investor is thinking. If he has full pends and is acting irrational selling to low or mayby average investor is in current situation fomo guy who is willing for lambo. When you are all the time on market you see this and you know when they panic to buy and when they will come back to sell them back their hope for lambo - thats the only way to earn 0.5-3% fram each trade doing dozens trade each day. (high volatility market)
3- collect experience. Do as manny trades as you can with as low bet as you can. That way your learning will be cheapest. When you are not able earn on 5$ you also wont earn on 50 000$.
4- When you are finally earning ask yourself question why. Maybe we are currently in small bull run and even blind monkey would earn
5- dont bealive in any special indicators/ magic tacticks. If they would work they would work for everybody. Ergo they wouldnt work for anyone because its impossible on market for everyone to earn. Only experience/beeing a whale is giving you advanvege over market. Nothing else because everything else is cummon. Money managment is helping you to not waste to much.
crypmike (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 09:11:47 AM

You can margin trade on bitmex where is 0.5$ spread which is 0,008%.

Scalping will never result in a zero balance. You grab 0.2 % and out.

Do you have a particular strategy?

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 10:27:35 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2018, 10:41:16 AM by Tytanowy Janusz

As I said. There is no universal strategy. Market is different each day. If we are first day in bear market each dump will be instantly eaten (at liest in 60% before dumping further) by traders buying deep because it is consider as promotion. After few days in bear market each dump will stay there because averege investor is to scared to jump in and each dump is consider not as promotion (sale) but as confirmation that we will never come back. Thats just a sily explenation why there is no universal strategy for daytrading.

Market is different in bear market, in bull market, in stagnation, in first day of bear market, in fifth day in bear market, after 5% dump, after 50% dump, or when new whale just come to trade here, or when new whale just came here to invest long term.

You need to gain experience. Cut lossos. And take as much profit as market gives you. Dont set stiff take profit alwais 0.x %. If market is not acting like you thought (not eating dumped price pushing it up) dont stay on that trade. There is no need to w8 for price to hit stoploss. If it is not bouncing chance that is will bounce is getting lower and lower. Leave to next trade. Even if it will eventualy go up you didnt do nothing wrong. You cant be alwais right.

Wrongly invested money earn less than not invested. Dont try to catch each occasion. There will alwais be another train.

And start low. With 10$ bet or close to that. You will be wrong multiple time. There is no need to pay for learning multiple times more.
crypmike (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 10:57:20 AM

As I said. There is no universal strategy. Market is different each day. If we are first day in bear market each dump will be instantly eaten (at liest in 60% before dumping further) by traders buying deep because it is consider as promotion. After few days in bear market each dump will stay there because averege investor is to scared to jump in and each dump is consider not as promotion (sale) but as confirmation that we will never come back. Thats just a sily explenation why there is no universal strategy for daytrading.

Market is different in bear market, in bull market, in stagnation, in first day of bear market, in fifth day in bear market, after 5% dump, after 50% dump, or when new whale just come to trade here, or when new whale just came here to invest long term.

You need to gain experience. Cut lossos. And take as much profit as market gives you. Dont set stiff take profit alwais 0.x %. If market is not acting like you thought (not eating dumped price pushing it up) dont stay on that trade. There is no need to w8 for price to hit stoploss. If it is not bouncing chance that is will bounce is getting lower and lower. Leave to next trade. Even if it will eventualy go up you didnt do nothing wrong. You cant be alwais right.

Wrongly invested money earn less than not invested. Dont try to catch each occasion. There will alwais be another train.

And start low. With 10$ bet or close to that. You will be wrong multiple time. There is no need to pay for learning multiple times more.

Lots of words but these things are obvious. I'm asking scalping strategies, not risk management  Smiley

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

Lots of words but these things are obvious. I'm asking scalping strategies, not risk management  Smiley
Lots of words that needs to be readed to be understanded. There isnt any (third time i read this). Just start and gain experience. Everyone who is sayng that there is any strategy is newbie that readed it somewhere and didnt test it. I con do it too:

Add blynger bands and rsi on 15 min chart and when price is on lower band and rsi is oversold then buy and grab 1 % profit and exit trade. Here is your strategy. Go and waste some money before you will realise that it works in 50% times so is useless like coin toss.
Armadeus

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

As the market does almost nothing for 3 weeks, I wonder any scalping or intraday strategies to make 1-2% daily (even more with margin)

1,5,15 mins timeframes

As your goal is a profit and you want just to trade then Why don't you just trade any pair on FOREX (EUR/USD for example)?
 EUR/USD has 100x times better liquidity then BTC/USD and best spreads.
crypmike (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 01:09:39 PM

1,5,15 mins timeframes

As your goal is a profit and you want just to trade then Why don't you just trade any pair on FOREX (EUR/USD for example)?
 EUR/USD has 100x times better liquidity then BTC/USD and best spreads.

I love crypto and that’s it )

Diggin' #DeFi & #NFT
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:56:39 PM

1,5,15 mins timeframes

You need to master the support and resistance zones in order for you to profit some good coins. Been using this strategy since then and still profitable.
BitBerau

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:15:54 PM

You have to build your own strategy and preferrably backtest it to find your own edge in the market.
Although Trial and Error is the best teacher, as long as you develop a methodolgical mindset and mindful of emotions you should be fine.
lavishlife

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 02:21:37 PM

Hmm. In my case, I am using scalping trading strategy.
I am focusing on simple chart patterns(double top, etc.)
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:02:30 AM

For scalping trading is seem better to do that in platform that offer profit not only from uptrend but also from downtrend. Many platform created trading product called CFD/Contract For Different that is trading with margin that we can make profit from long and short potition. For scalping is better to do that when the price in sideaway just like current situation and use indicator of Bolinger band and MACD to predict reversal point. And good platform to trade crypto with margin is eToro, FXopen, Bitmex.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

1,5,15 mins timeframes

You only need to use short term period for scalping method ( 5 min - 30 min - 1 hour ), why not use 1 minute because too short and nothing you can do in a minute. Stop loss and take profit area must have small range ( 1% from your capital ). Indicator just use MA ( 5 3 3 ) and RSI ( 40 ). This is hard strategy and I hope you'll success.

Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:09:13 AM

Scalping at such short ranges is usually very tasking and difficult as it will require you to be in front of your computer all day, usually the profits are little and one may missed good chances of authentication bull run because of small profits. Again it is risky as market may drop huge during this period where stop loss was not applied
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:12:06 AM

Why not use :
- Fibo
- Support and resistance. (You can modify by yourself)

1, 5, and 15 minutes is good to make an entry. Please add 1 H TF also to find out price trends

palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:53:27 AM

Lots of words but these things are obvious. I'm asking scalping strategies, not risk management  Smiley

Grin Roll Eyes I think you just study your support and resistance, trendline, to guess where the market trend is and you can scalp along that line. Also, be sure you are blessed with strong network to allow your exit order because that is usually the problem with scalping.

For instance, if the signal you have is for buy, then avoid scalping for a sell.

TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:23:17 AM

Everything is really possible in this market so I firmly believed that traders can make such profits daily, but I don't see them sharing their tips anyways, probably they using bots to make trades as fast and then go on re-invest on the next coins.

I'm no good at TA, and I would rather make trades with coins I comfortable with so I stay away with intraday trading. It  itakes a lot of time for most seasoned traders to accomplished this method, but at the end of the a day, profit is profit. If there are experienced traders who are willing to share then good, but I wouldn't be surprise if they keep their trading secrets.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:53:17 AM

1,5,15 mins timeframes

If the market is almost doing nothing then how can you expect to have the intraday trading to be done anyway? Do you know the current market is full of bears and not the bulls at all. Meaning the market is having unidirectional movement for now and thats just going down and no where. This means you can not place any orders yet and cant be able to make intraday trading as you wont be having chances of gaining the profits with short period of time like that. 1 to 15 min window is too short in the crypto currencies and there are only selected coins which may get you 1% or more profits with that much smaller window of the trading.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: