Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:52:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What else do we need for the prices to go back to what I believe is normal (750-800+)?
We need a major endorsement or investor - 6 (9%)
We need nothing, the market will correct itself in next few weeks-months - 31 (46.3%)
We need OP to stop making posts/polls - 9 (13.4%)
We need to get rid of the joke we started (dogecoin and other bs altcoins.  Not including litecoin, feathercoin or PP) - 2 (3%)
We need a longer wait (2-3+ months or even longer) - 19 (28.4%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why haven't the prices gone back to 750-800+ yet?  (Read 2232 times)
bitcoinsrus (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:40:36 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 01:15:05 AM by bitcoinsrus

Gox fiasco is over and should quiet the panick storm for now.  Yellen said bitcoin is not touchable.  News of possible exchanges (NY).  People buying miners like crazy to add to the hashrate.  Mobile apps dedicated to the blockchain.  Overstock accepts btc.

What else do we need for the prices to go back to what I believe is normal (750-800+)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:48:50 AM

Gox fiasco is over and should quiet the panick storm for now.  Yellen said bitcoin is not touchable.  News of possible exchanges (NY).  People buying miners like crazy to add to the hashrate.  Mobile apps dedicated to the blockchain.  Overstock accepts btc.

What else do we need for the prices to go back to what I believe is normal (750-800+)?

well for one thing ...if everyone is like me ...we all have to wait for our "as**o*es" to "unpucker"

er at least I'm waiting for that to happen first before I jump in again with both feet

(we who live to run away can play the bitcoin markets another day!"

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 11:49:00 AM

More people buying?

What do you expect? It'll take time. The press is telling everyone that Bitcoin is dead, once and for all (the umpthenth time). They will come back in a couple of weeks and discover that for some reason, MtGox != Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:10:23 PM

Because consolidation.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 12:19:30 PM

You have to bear in mind that MTGOX was one of the biggest and most widely advertised Bitcoin exchanges out there so it's only natural that that the price has dropped like it has and is having to steady itself, you've also lost a lot of trading volume too because of the scare so that's going to affect the price as well. It will take some time, partly because everybody only on the media ranted on about MTGOX as being the 'major' exchange so people have to find other exchanges to trade on but also traders, especially the people who got burned by this will be exceptionally careful about where they put there money now.

I actually like this because I hope people will finally learn now why they should leave large quantities of their money in the hands of another person.
FelixOliver

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

More Adoption.. Sparked by some major event... bank runs in Ukraine? ...Another financial mishap in the US / UK?...

I do feel that something major is going to happen, along those lines, within the next few months
BitCoinsLOL

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:27:16 PM

Gox fiasco is over and should quiet the panick storm for now.  Yellen said bitcoin is not touchable.  News of possible exchanges (NY).  People buying miners like crazy to add to the hashrate.  Mobile apps dedicated to the blockchain.  Overstock accepts btc.

Thanks for the option We need OP to stop making posts/polls. Seriously though with so much uncertainty about MtGox it's a wait and see situation it's far from over.

I never thought my life could be. Anything but catastrophe. But suddenly I begin to see. A "BIT" of good luck for me. Cause I've got a golden ticket!
redhawk979

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:56:40 PM

Overstock is like the McDonalds of online retailers. They don't do nearly as much in sales as something like Amazon.
GOX had a ton of negative publicity, considering it got a lot of public exposure. It may be good in the long run, but public perception means a lot too.
Bitcoin itself is not touchable. But regulation of any business who accepts BTC is, and that can put a damper on price.
A lot of the price as it sits now is due to the sheer amount of speculators
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:00:07 PM

Thanks for the option We need OP to stop making posts/polls. Seriously though with so much uncertainty about MtGox it's a wait and see situation it's far from over.
What's the uncertainty? They are done. Nobody is getting their money out in less than two years if at all. They are no longer relevant in any way.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:28:14 PM

We are already gaining momentum. MACD is indicating a possible reversal on the daily chart. Once the momentum picks up, the bad news will be history.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:51:13 PM

We are already gaining momentum. MACD is indicating a possible reversal on the daily chart. Once the momentum picks up, the bad news will be history.

Where do you see that momentum because I can't see anything?

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:24:10 PM

I know it may be hard to step away, but try to. nothing big will happen in the next month that 2 months from now will even matter. If the price drops it will be a short lived dip because there is a lot of money waiting to buy cheap coins- dont believe the posts you read of people "cashing out and leaving forever" thats all bullshit, they may well have cashed out, but trust that they will buy back if the price goes low enough, and if it starts to skyrocket, they will also buy back because they believed enough to invest at one point in time already.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2821314/   

this

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=decentralized+bitcoin+exchange+project&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

scrypt asics making alts no longer "profitable" vs mining bitcoin directly will also hamstring the alt market and pump btc proportionally.

the winklevoss etf opening investment options for retirement funds and other money currently blocked from entering the bitcoin market.

and there are more

any one of these could push the price well over 1k, easily. combinations of these could drive it higher.
I saw dogecoin T-shirts at hottopic the other day at the mall, and requested they carry anything that says bitcoin. its coming, give it time and try to wait with confidence.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:21:53 PM

We need nothing, the market will correct itself in next few weeks-months
We need a longer wait (2-3+ months or even longer)

How are these options different?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████