Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:14:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What keeps you motivated to Hodl?  (Read 5290 times)
cryptomaster007 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 07:38:31 AM

We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
blackandwhite89

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:23:37 PM

You should do a thorough research before investing on cryptocurrency market. I always believed in long term investments. They always prove to be profitable and beneficial in the long run. So, I try to hold my coins no matter what the market situation is till the right movement comes.
Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:26:53 PM

As we don't have that crystal ball for us to be able to accurately predict the future, we can only rely on statistics and history in my own opinion. Just like last year where during year end we experienced a surge in crypto then we expect the same this year also.
g8d6n5q9g1

Activity: 74
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:31:50 PM

It can be confidence in a project that can make you want to hold.
But it requires a great knowledge of the market!

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.com - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:38:25 PM

A lot motivate holders, the likes of a coordinate project with good organisers. A project with good plan with well explain road map and constrictive whitepaper, apart from that people are most concerned about the communication skills from the project to the community, posting on twitter, facebook and replying community questions in there telegram page and updating there next plan for the people, for me I think that's what motivates me in holding

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Billgates710

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:42:55 PM

It's the sheer thrill and to see if the strategy will be a solid one, that the investments will get a return or not. Some might say that it is more like an adrenaline rush that keeps the people motivated to HODL.
olivia jane567

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:47:12 PM

I will become very confident to hold if the team is very active. Also if the product is being patronized and a lot of investors are accepting it. Checking the price of the coin or how people are dumping it is not a good a strategy.
Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:51:25 PM

What keeps me motivated to keep holding is the idea of Blockchain technology because I know it's for real and it'll always get better and improve..... In any investment, long term investment is the best because it brings back huge profits and in the case of crypto when the price dip the best and only strategy is to hodl
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:54:33 PM

We all know about the volatility of the crypto market, but somehow we still preach about the Hodl doctrine. What keeps you motivated to do so? and what sort of trust do you have in cryptocurrencies?

Investors like us are into predictions and discussions, but are we close to accuracy?

Discuss Smiley

Adequate research, virtual understanding of the product of the project im hodling helps me to keep their coin for a very long time without any compromise.
I have several altcoins and i do not believe in predictions of any kid

my research with intellectual knowledge i have and learned is enough, that is why the forum is here to help with ideas and more researches too
Always Do your own research about every token you hodl.
minime0105

Activity: 1246
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:55:38 PM

There are many motives that make me to keep me going, and hodl my coins. The main reason is the possibility of becoming really wealthy and save me a lot of time working, the other is the very long term effect that crypto has as I believe it will really shape the world around it.
dylanmeter

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:59:50 PM

Discuss Smiley

Hold could lead to m,pre profits but these depends on the development of the said token. I'm aware that HODL in cryptocurrency is more of Risky because we can't predict if a token will survive in the long run even from past performances.
BitCoinGuy10

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:11:10 PM

It actually varies from people to people. Some HODL because of their faith in the coin, other do it because they believe in their strategy or the market while some does it because they wan the returns of their investments.
PhuketSunset

Activity: 266
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:12:05 PM

I think that some of the altcoins will disappear, but the main altcoins will remain. Now the normal situation in the market: correction. When it is over, some of the altcoins will grow in value, and some will disappear during this time. With a strategy HODL it makes no sense to sell altcoins now.

OAX - REAL WORLD APPLICATION OF DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGES - V1
■  Hold your own keys - Liquidity Aggregation - Open and Transparent  ■
■ ■ WebsiteTeamWPTWPProject DeckANNBounty ANN ■ ■
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:15:19 PM

I have been broke my whole life and hope one day I can give my family everything they ever wanted!!!! Doubt it will happen with the 100$ I have invested!!

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:15:58 PM

I think a lot of people aren't motivated to hodl at all.
In fact, I think the vast majority of people only hodl because the market has been really bad this year.
Almost everybody lurking on these forums went through the all time highs of last dec/jan.
A vast majority didn't take advantage of it and didn't sell things off.
So a lot of people are stuck with the choice of selling for a major loss vs. hodling until they make their money back.

When the market recovers and takes off again, most hodlers will turn into active traders.
It's why the market takes off in the first place (lots of trading volume and lots of investment).

As far as crypto in general goes, I believe in it 100%.
I think anyone who understands the basics of the tech can see that it is revolutionary.
It is here to stay.

satgoldan

Activity: 602
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:19:06 PM

Because nothing happens for a reason: the rise in 2017 was not a fluke, it is preparing to something big. The SEC has already transferred several times to the decision on ETF, what are they preparing for? For something big.

─────────────── IMO Ecosystem ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
[ TELEGRAM ] J O I N U S [ TWITTER ]
freim

Activity: 462
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:20:12 PM

hold motive. Because when you hold it, you think it will be rich. it just keeps motivating you. does not make a lot of money when you get it. here you are saving a lot of money for what you want.
braddozie

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 09:25:52 PM

The strength of the projects in my portfolio and their use cases. Whenever I remember that those tokens could pull a string at any chance, I get more motivated to keep hodling
Ayomiqueen
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:31:37 PM

Everything about the crypto make me happy and motivated even relax because in me it gives me joy, and nothing cause it than the way and manner it works, is a kind of thing that you acquire more knowledge why having profit and also get some fun why trading and making friends around the world but he most aspect of it is when getting more profit , both day trading and long term are good only that they have different way to make it work out for you , like day trade can be of good if not greedy and long term has less stress but will surely give return .

knien

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:32:33 PM

My motivation to HODL is that I truly believe we are still in the very beginning of the crypto revolution.

I believe that we will see mass adoption within the next 5-10 years.
So I'm not in the game for short term FIAT gains, I'm contoniously investing (yes also in this bear market) and I hope that i'll never have to sell for FIAT, but i'll be able to pay for goods and services with my crypto coins.

I will hodl for at least another 5+ years to see what happens.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: