Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:30:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Always keep fiat while holding  (Read 2197 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

I do agree about it. Do not invest all your money in cryptocurrency. You should keep some money in your offline wallet.
You mean fiat? Well thats the same as keeping your money locked up in a bank with nowhere for it to go or grow. Yeah right you something around 5% Per annum interest rate but thats all. No big investment for you then. But then what are you doing here? Grin

if you are holding a hold then you don't have to use fiat, you can hold assets that you have in the form of bitcoin and some other coins that have volume and have very high demand, don't let you store assets that you have in coins that don't have volume or demand.
You didnt understand. It you sell coins at profit the USDT can help you store some of that in the form of a stable asset. That does not mean that USDT is worth it. The general consensus regarding USDT is bad and people make up a lot of stories regarding it but they fail to see how we can use it to our advantage. Still do your own research before you buy USDT for crypto.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2018, 10:30:40 AM

It's less easy to convert your crypto to fiat than it should be, this is usually associated with heavy fees, e.g. shapeshift. I find that it's best to just convert your cryptocurrencies between stable coins during the bad times, that way you are at least protected against volatility. Some stablecoins are also tied to an asset value such as fine wine, gold or oil, so you don't necessarily miss out on a profit in doing so either.
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:51:39 AM

That is a good trading strategy followed by lots of traders as you will not be in loss most of the time. Its good to sell in small amounts and get your profit back rather than get into greed and lose more in long run.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:30:54 AM

So far I try this strategy and it works. Selling some when your coins is in uptrend and wait to buy back when it fall lower than how much you sell. I'm not selling all of my coins so I will not miss when it's surge quickly just few by few to earn minimal amount in shirt period of time.
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 07:33:04 AM

If you know how to handle trading so you should always keep fiat money because when you see market is dumping on the time if you make a fiat money and still market is going down so you must make a profit. Holding and fiat money both are different part of trading so you have to understand about fiat money other wise you can’t make a good money in your trading. When market going to pump so on that time never convert your money in fiat if you do that so you must lose your seed money.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2018, 08:15:58 AM

It's less easy to convert your crypto to fiat than it should be, this is usually associated with heavy fees, e.g. shapeshift.
When did shapeshift start giving out fiat exchanges for bitcoin? Last time I checked (yesterday) it allowed people to buy bitcoins and altcoins with fiat but not vice-versa. By the way they are now putting in KYC/AML by making registration and verifications compulsory.

I find that it's best to just convert your cryptocurrencies between stable coins during the bad times, that way you are at least protected against volatility.
Correct but the community is divided as to what stablecoin it is worth to convert to. We have Tether, TrueUSD GeminiUSD among the names I can remember and then recently StratisEURS. But which one to trust only time will tell.

So far I try this strategy and it works. Selling some when your coins is in uptrend and wait to buy back when it fall lower than how much you sell. I'm not selling all of my coins so I will not miss when it's surge quickly just few by few to earn minimal amount in shirt period of time.
But remember that market trends though are predictable but they change with time and some sideaway movements will occur. That is what fiat helps you to get over with.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
reymarkperry

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

https://rangersprotocol.com/

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 08:36:31 AM

this strategy maybe safe for some coin and token. but crypto market is so f*king crazy. sometime it can fall down to zero for no reason or something bad just happen and you don't know about it before can ruin your life

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

I think it will be better to hold the investments and used the fiat moneys that you have to purchase other investments.
Many  income you may received once you do this and hold the investments you have. A simple act which gives you a high assurance of a huge income in future.
ChibaReiko
Copper Member

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:56:23 PM

before start invest. i think i can hold all year to get money anyway. but when i see the chart. when i see a red i'm afraid and sell all my coin Smiley)
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:59:50 PM

before start invest. i think i can hold all year to get money anyway. but when i see the chart. when i see a red i'm afraid and sell all my coin Smiley)

This is the problem faced by all traders and investors who watch the price movement of btc daily, as market is highly fluctuating and it will always tempt to trade in market. So if you are investor then fix the time frame or target price and when it achieves just sell.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:09:39 PM

This is the problem faced by all traders and investors who watch the price movement of btc daily, as market is highly fluctuating and it will always tempt to trade in market. So if you are investor then fix the time frame or target price and when it achieves just sell.
Right.Seeing the price more often will only make you feel frustrated especially with the current market condition today.If you really trust in crypto investment,do not keep on panic,just relax and stay calm.Long term investment may take years to gain a very good profit so with this,always keep fiat in your pocket while holding.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 09:43:15 AM

this strategy maybe safe for some coin and token. but crypto market is so f*king crazy.
Its an ongoing notion but there are coins which have been very stable. The bullish trend make people do crazy and if you compare the charts of last year and this year you will think the same. If you dont have the patience to hold and just ignore the market emotions then you should not try your hand in trading.

sometime it can fall down to zero for no reason or something bad just happen and you don't know about it before can ruin your life
Lets not go into zombie invasion theories and all. LOL

The only case it can drop to that low is if Satoshi's wallets started transferring. But since it has been long silent we dont think it would happen in future and even if it does it wont be for selling at least. Even if there are sellers of a coin there are also buyers of that coin. The rise and fall will occur before you know it and the prices will go up with time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
hanlap

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 10:08:46 AM

That is the flexibility in trading that will make you profitable and promote soft skills in this money market so that you are still profitable and do not have to wait too long.
MrVuuu

Activity: 445
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 11:25:26 AM

The lack of Fiat is one of my biggest mistakes in trading. I kept everything in cryptocurrency, because I believed that it would only grow, but after falling from 20k, I remembered this lesson forever. And now I always keep some Fiat.
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:10:24 PM

Today's market is pretty unpredictable and most holders nowadays are selling their holdings when there is a minor jump in their altcoins to cut the losses. As for me, i only hold those altcoins i think is profitable in the future and selling those shit coins to invest it to a better altcoin. Your recommendation sounds helpful but in terms of gaining a profit, the chance looks low to me.
portalufonet

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

The lack of Fiat is one of my biggest mistakes in trading. I kept everything in cryptocurrency, because I believed that it would only grow, but after falling from 20k, I remembered this lesson forever. And now I always keep some Fiat.
Keeping in reserve currency in fiat is very necessary because you will be more active in investing. Never spend all the money you have to invest in a type of asset, which is extremely risky that investors should consider carefully.
forestgunman

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:49:50 PM

I also keep some fiat on exchange while holding just in case I have enough capital to acquire more cheap coins when there is a sudden drop in price.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:06:13 PM

It is important that you must have fiat and virtual currency because some transaction can not be completed through virtual and some required virtual money for making transactions and in these days bitcoin holding is very prosperous and i want to make it for long term. For gambling you have both options like win/lose if you love to take risk in life then bitcoin is the best option for gambling now as we know that we can make money or we can lose also.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
jack1111

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:29:55 PM

We can apply that on altcoins too. I know many people who bought altcoins early in July, but altcoins continued to dip further in August, they got rekt because they did not have enough money to buy more, while their bought coins were losing value.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:31:26 AM

That is a good trading strategy followed by lots of traders as you will not be in loss most of the time. Its good to sell in small amounts and get your profit back rather than get into greed and lose more in long run.
Of course it is good to sell out small amounts as long as you are earning profit regardless of the scale of the profit. Remember even small amount of profits are good in long run rather than not availing the small profits and waiting for long run profits which are often uncertain for the market can take a shift anytime. So it is better to keep on cashing small profits and reinvesting as well. If you can invest big, hold long.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: