Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:47:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments and Bitcoin  (Read 12981 times)
mrbamboo

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:56:23 AM

Whether the government accepts or does not accept Bitcoin, there is hardly a consensus between Government and Bitcoin. The problem is that Bitcoin is a real need of users due to the fast and secure transactions. But it makes it difficult for the government to manage the use of Bitcoin and to levy taxes on the use of Bitcoins. So, the government will always find ways to monitor Bitcoin users closely, though very difficult.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbamboo

Activity: 66

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:00:17 AM

their feud will never end i guess hahaha
Humor is hate. But indeed, between the government and Bitcoin it was almost impossible to satisfy each other. Like two wives married a husband. Maybe they live in harmony with each other. But everyone wants to take the right, love from his husband. And that conflict will be most evident in the evening. The kind of relationship between Bitcoin and the government is like that.
coinxwife

Activity: 167

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:10:59 AM

I'm an anarchist

Im an antichrist. Pleased to meet you.
Don't know what I want but I know how to get it  Huh

Some says that much better if the government accepts the bitcoin, but its hard to be implemented due to some different reasons, first the government establish only what the central bank process they dont accept cryptocurrency so its hard that this two will merge.
bitcoinrunners001

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:13:06 AM

Many countries have taken the drastic step of banning Bitcoins and its use as an alternate currency. The list of countries that have banned Bitcoin is growing daily. Many politician in the United States wants the countries treasure to follow suit. Marchin, a sanator from west Virginias, recently wrote a letter to the treasure department and congress asking for a complete ban on Bitcoin use in the country. He, sanator marchin is not alone. Another high level politician from New York has also demand a Bitcoin ban in the US. This strong opposition to Bitcoin Started after the virtual currency’s most popular exchange company Mt.Gox claimed hackers hacked into the system and made away with $600 million worth of Bitcoins leaving investors and customers dry. Mt.Gox filed for bankruptcy seeking legal protection both in Japan where the company was for and in the united stated where 100s of 1000s of customers saw their Bitcoins disappeared over night. Another Bitcoin exchange also file for bankruptcy last week claiming hacker theft.
caseback

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:29:06 AM

The government just labeled anyone who supports competing currencies a special kind of domestic terrorist. Maybe its time to stop defending them and get on board with the Libertarians Smiley

There are countrys accepting bitcoin, but i dont think our country philippines would accept it because there are some news of scam recently involving the bitcoin, many scammers are using bitcoin by investing to put up some moneys on their organization, so the government hesitant to accept the bitcoin.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 11:33:19 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 07:29:02 PM by stayeduptolate

I realise that there are many anarchist-inclined bitcoin enthusiasts excited about the fact that bitcoin isn't government-run; obviously however we're not all anarchists so just thought I'd try and flesh out the topic of governments and bitcoin from the other angle.  Yay textwall!

It's one thing to be opposed to governments in principle, but especially for people who don't know anyone working in government there's a bit of a tendency to go all crazy around here about what "the government agenda" is or how "the government" will try and automatically repress any new idea.  The truth is that governments are just made up of people.  Forming any kind of cohesive idea amongst government members is a massive job in and of itself, as I well know from my own experience in politics--it's simply not true that there's one big organised conspiracy called "The Government" in any country.  Even flat-out dictatorships have a wider array of differing opinions "within the ranks" than you might think.

Governments and technology have an interesting relationship.  On the one hand members of governments tend to be well-connected, established people with an investment in the status quo.  It also takes a lot of time to succeed in politics at any significant level, which means that many policymakers aren't exactly on the cutting edge of technology.  I won't be so unkind as to call them flat-out dinosaur luddites (or maybe I just did Wink ) but they don't tend to grasp the value and significance of new, disruptive technologies quickly.

On the other hand, I actually know many individuals who work at high levels of government, and a significant portion of them are genuinely trying to improve society's function through their work.  Don't forget that, as amazing as it sounds, a government invented the internet (the american government no less!).  Governments sent humans to space.  Governments even created the first computers!!  The american government created Tor!!!!!!!  Shocked -my head just exploded.

Governments are not mindless anti-tech zombies.  When something is really different they often have trouble understanding it.  Like p2p filesharing--they've completely dropped the ball on that one!  And vested interests generally tend to distort and mess things up.  But if the regular actual people who work in governments see a true opportunity for something to benefit everyone, they tend to get just as excited about it as "us" (intended in the most fully ironic sense as if there is some fundamental divide between anyone-who-can-use-bitcoin and anyone-who-works-for-a-government).  At the end of the day, if bitcoin can present a good case for providing real value to interests across the board in an area where other solutions have been sorely lacking, I think a lot of people-in-governments can get on board with that.

But one thing's for certain--if we turn bitcoin (or even the community surrounding it) into a destroy-all-governments, end-of-all-fiat-money, never-pay-taxes-again conspiracy, it will end up on the terrorist watch list before the first report even hits the desk.

tl;dr:Bitcoin is what bitcoin is.  Like the internet, it enables both traditional enterprises and disruptive possibilities.  There's nothing wrong with loving bitcoin because of the latter, but it's worth it to differentiate between your reasons for loving bitcoin and bitcoin itself.  Get excited about the fact that bitcoin could be the first successful non-government-initiated currency!  But don't fall into this trap of thinking that there's some fundamental reason that governments and bitcoin are in a conflict to the death.  I can tell you that any dinosaur worth his salt goes completely glazed over when any such topic comes up.  It's too psychologically complicated at that point in life to actually parry and dissect really different ideas--it's a lot simpler to just shut them out and bitcoin with them.

For any anarchist who faults the state on its use of force, the only fair response is to out-compete it fair and square.  If anarchism is truly better, bitcoin will probably be an important milestone in the path to getting there.  Work hard on it!  Help make it succeed!  But remember that bitcoin is about all of us, not just about those who believe that.  Don't worry though, I still love you even if I think the world isn't ready for anarchism yet Smiley .

And for anyone else out there who thinks anarchism leaves something to be desired--stick around!  You're not the only one.  We need you because the way bitcoin actually succeeds is not as some fringe project of the libertarian community (no offense to the hundreds of toes I just stepped on there Smiley ) but as a truly world-changing technology that encompasses people from many different points of view.  Bitcoin won't succeed unless non-anarchists accept it and that's pretty much that.

/steps down from soapbox, however briefly
in the present scenerio, the government and the bitcoins are two opposite poles because government doesn't find bitcoin trust worthy and moreover government believes that bitcoin being decentralized could be use in illegal activities and can put their national security at risk that is why they keep on demotivating people for not using bitcoin ,but the time will come when they will understand the real potential of bitcoin. The only thing that government needs to understand is that the introduction of bitcoin can help them to increase their GDP.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:30:58 PM

governments and crypto don't go very well together there have always been problems when people support any other form of currency
it is more problematic for the governments as they cannot actually control it
pasti kaya

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:59:55 PM

government and bitcoin are currently out of line and some also accept bitcoin, because in government it has a reason about bitcoin activity. that's what I know.
pidonkmo

Activity: 420
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 06:53:23 AM

Governments will try to restrict and regulate cryptocurrencies in a variety of ways. I bet they trust it, they just don't want to endorse or tell to the people that bitcoin and other crypto is good. why? because they are the one who will be blame if the system didn't go as what it is planned. Besides there a lot of ICO that ended in negative feedback than those who got it right. So If you are one who want to invest in crypto, better trust mb8coin. It partnered in different famous hotel and travel agency which process all those rewards points given to customer who reach a certain level of commitment in the service of those company.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:22:56 AM

Some governments are against cryoto some of them are loyal, and it is very difficult to understand logic in some cases, some governments are making statements that crypto is harmful for their economics, but there are some countries with not very good economics, which are still very loyal. So, maybe all those things are also part of the global politics.

Here most crypto friendly countries in Europe, take a look: https://icoguide.com/en/blog/5-most-crypto-friendly-countries-in-europe
xuzukami

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:26:37 AM

The government is very shy about talking about bitcoin because they fear bitcoin goes beyond their control, the government does not grasp the bitcoin's financial situation as well as the amount of assets that investors have grasped By buying bitcoin
Hold good

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:30:08 AM

At present, governments in many countries have imposed heavy management regulations on Bitcoin for the reason that it and other electronic currencies could be used for illegal activities. But that is just a phobia for the fact that Bitcoin is an intermediary exchange that is out of their control.
Brightcrypto

Activity: 105

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 07:49:44 AM

Base in my country Nigeria, government has not solve any problems or even to create jobs to youths is absolutely zero. Therefore bitcoin has no business with government, including government officials, as long central bank are making profit from bitcoin to convert to real cash deposit.
Ilia5225

Activity: 32
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 08:16:25 AM

The truth lies somewhere in between. New currency requires new political and social behavior... our behavior

My projects - https://auction.fatcats.market/ & https://quickly-cheaply.io & http://valuehunters.club/
Multiservices for cryptocurrency trade in good
nakamitu

Activity: 52

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:12:33 PM

The governments of the world bed as they have not yet ratified for Bitcoin, it is still illegal in countries, but I expect someday it will change.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

In my country, bitcoin has no legal status. But there is no ban on it either. People are more likely to trust bitcoin.My country's government invests in bitcoin and keeps its savings in cryptocurrency.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:48:40 PM

In my country, bitcoin has no legal status. But there is no ban on it either. People are more likely to trust bitcoin.My country's government invests in bitcoin and keeps its savings in cryptocurrency.

A good opinion and I like your opinion.
It is true what is said that bitcoin has no legal status but there is no prohibition to use bitcoin in any country because I know if bitcoin is inaugurated in all countries then bitcoin can be used for both payment and transfers between countries.
zhengqiurong2@163.com

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:15:27 PM

I don't think it will take two years. Each government bank accepts cryptocurrencies. No one can counter the trend. And these governments are secretly conducting their own currency. Ready to release.
Tigorss

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:21:13 PM

@FreeMoney we'll have to see Smiley  @ryepdx Thx netizen!  @CryptikEnigma Don't you mean someone within a particular government did?  No one who sets policy I live under has, to my knowledge.  But I'm not really here to defend anyone or anything, except BitCoin.
And for anyone else out there who thinks anarchism leaves something to be desired--stick around!  You're not the only one.  We need you because the way bitcoin actually succeeds is not as some fringe project of the libertarian community (no offense to the hundreds of toes I just stepped on there Smiley ) but as a truly world-changing technology that encompasses people from many different points of view.  Bitcoin won't succeed unless non-anarchists accept it and that's pretty much that.
You were doing fine until you conflated anarchism and libertarianism.
It's true, the text does sort of lump them in together despite their clear differences.  But combined what percentage of the planet's political spectrum do they represent?  What I mean to say is that bitcoin as a technology needs to be bigger than either or both.  The community needs to be whoever cares about the technology, whether they match the world's spectrum perfectly or not--but it's good for newcomers to clearly understand they are welcome in it even if neither term is homebase.

Regarding imaginary lines on a map--that I can get behind.  Bitcoin and other borderless realities are the way of the future!
after reading it all I conclude that it has to do with the political form of every country whether it's economic or otherwise because every country has different thoughts and also different rights we can not demand every country should be the same but which one wants to legalize or not it depends on the policies of each country because the risk of all is borne by those who give policy.
Dava.Dina

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:54:58 PM

Many countries have taken a drastic step to ban Bitcoin and its use as an alternative currency.

Because if Bitcoin is inaugurated in all countries then Bitcoin can be used for payment and transfer between countries.

But which one wants to legalize or not depends on the policies of each country because of all the risks borne by those who give the policy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: