Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:47:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Governments and Bitcoin  (Read 12981 times)
Ronald Lane

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:12:37 AM

Government can ban bitcoins in a particular country but it can’t stop bitcoin. It is a decentralised currency and can’t be controlled with anyone’s presence. It has been accepted by many countries in a legit way so if a particular country bans bitcoins then also they are chances and options to use Bitcoins in world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lester Atkins

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 10:15:14 AM

Probably they can, hopefully they won’t. Even if they do ban bitcoin exchanges and criminalize the possession of bitcoins, they will give time to cash out because there are plenty of people invested in it. Most probably the government won’t ban bitcoins.
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 03:23:38 PM

Government can ban bitcoins in a particular country but it can’t stop bitcoin. It is a decentralised currency and can’t be controlled with anyone’s presence. It has been accepted by many countries in a legit way so if a particular country bans bitcoins then also they are chances and options to use Bitcoins in world.
A very good opinion and I like your opinion.
Yes it is true that bitcoin can not be controlled by the presence of anyone who is a high official or a government and sometimes bitcoin becomes the choice of people to invest, although sometimes the government can ban bitcoin in certain countries but can not stop bitcoin because bitcoin can not be controlled by anyone.
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:02:59 AM

There is too many counties accept bitcoin as like USA, Canada, Austria, Sweden and some county not support bitcoin as like Bangladesh. Bangladesh Government don’t support bitcoin but government can’t control bitcoin transaction but some bank thinking how to start blockchain system because most of the educated person know about blockchain system and they always support new technology. Some government doesn’t have any idea in blockchain system so they always prevent new system for accepting.
Gufeng

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

Anyone who wants to change the operation of the bitcoin network can just FORK OFF.

Agree with you for 100%. Why so many people want to have control for the cryptocurrency and price fot it. It is an independent structure that helps people to earn money for yourself.
Babycuteless

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

spread the news about bitcoin governments do not deal it i know you know what is bitcoin.
Jhet09

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:42:59 AM

Govemments and bitcoin are enemy i think because the govermment think that bitcoin it's just a scam  to them but in bitcoin it will help you and i know if you invest in bitcoin i know its risky but you will get a higher investment thanks to bitcoin
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:46:52 AM

I realise that there are many anarchist-inclined bitcoin enthusiasts excited about the fact that bitcoin isn't government-run; obviously however we're not all anarchists so just thought I'd try and flesh out the topic of governments and bitcoin from the other angle.  Yay textwall!

It's one thing to be opposed to governments in principle, but especially for people who don't know anyone working in government there's a bit of a tendency to go all crazy around here about what "the government agenda" is or how "the government" will try and automatically repress any new idea.  The truth is that governments are just made up of people.  Forming any kind of cohesive idea amongst government members is a massive job in and of itself, as I well know from my own experience in politics--it's simply not true that there's one big organised conspiracy called "The Government" in any country.  Even flat-out dictatorships have a wider array of differing opinions "within the ranks" than you might think.

Governments and technology have an interesting relationship.  On the one hand members of governments tend to be well-connected, established people with an investment in the status quo.  It also takes a lot of time to succeed in politics at any significant level, which means that many policymakers aren't exactly on the cutting edge of technology.  I won't be so unkind as to call them flat-out dinosaur luddites (or maybe I just did Wink ) but they don't tend to grasp the value and significance of new, disruptive technologies quickly.

On the other hand, I actually know many individuals who work at high levels of government, and a significant portion of them are genuinely trying to improve society's function through their work.  Don't forget that, as amazing as it sounds, a government invented the internet (the american government no less!).  Governments sent humans to space.  Governments even created the first computers!!  The american government created Tor!!!!!!!  Shocked -my head just exploded.

Governments are not mindless anti-tech zombies.  When something is really different they often have trouble understanding it.  Like p2p filesharing--they've completely dropped the ball on that one!  And vested interests generally tend to distort and mess things up.  But if the regular actual people who work in governments see a true opportunity for something to benefit everyone, they tend to get just as excited about it as "us" (intended in the most fully ironic sense as if there is some fundamental divide between anyone-who-can-use-bitcoin and anyone-who-works-for-a-government).  At the end of the day, if bitcoin can present a good case for providing real value to interests across the board in an area where other solutions have been sorely lacking, I think a lot of people-in-governments can get on board with that.

But one thing's for certain--if we turn bitcoin (or even the community surrounding it) into a destroy-all-governments, end-of-all-fiat-money, never-pay-taxes-again conspiracy, it will end up on the terrorist watch list before the first report even hits the desk.

tl;dr:Bitcoin is what bitcoin is.  Like the internet, it enables both traditional enterprises and disruptive possibilities.  There's nothing wrong with loving bitcoin because of the latter, but it's worth it to differentiate between your reasons for loving bitcoin and bitcoin itself.  Get excited about the fact that bitcoin could be the first successful non-government-initiated currency!  But don't fall into this trap of thinking that there's some fundamental reason that governments and bitcoin are in a conflict to the death.  I can tell you that any dinosaur worth his salt goes completely glazed over when any such topic comes up.  It's too psychologically complicated at that point in life to actually parry and dissect really different ideas--it's a lot simpler to just shut them out and bitcoin with them.

For any anarchist who faults the state on its use of force, the only fair response is to out-compete it fair and square.  If anarchism is truly better, bitcoin will probably be an important milestone in the path to getting there.  Work hard on it!  Help make it succeed!  But remember that bitcoin is about all of us, not just about those who believe that.  Don't worry though, I still love you even if I think the world isn't ready for anarchism yet Smiley .

And for anyone else out there who thinks anarchism leaves something to be desired--stick around!  You're not the only one.  We need you because the way bitcoin actually succeeds is not as some fringe project of the libertarian community (no offense to the hundreds of toes I just stepped on there Smiley ) but as a truly world-changing technology that encompasses people from many different points of view.  Bitcoin won't succeed unless non-anarchists accept it and that's pretty much that.

/steps down from soapbox, however briefly

Government and bitcoin they are mortal enemy because government all want is to control bitcoin and bitcoin is decentralized so it means no one can control.
PinkCities58

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:41:57 AM

There always a collision between Govt. and btc. Govt. think that btc is just a scam. This idea need to be changed.
GoodLife68

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:44:49 AM

Because of the wrong use of cryptos government won't allow btc simply. But this thinking will change soon. Cause btc has all the legal paper to run their coin in every country.
LocalZone09

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:46:44 AM

Agreed. That's a good post indeed. Those information should be apply in the society of cryptos.
RockLand97

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 10:49:12 AM

I am very much willing to say that i am  agree on this, for bitcoin and the decentralization system  has a good pick to reach. I hope that btc will run their policy in this way.
ExpediteStyle201

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:14:57 AM

Government and btc have a very good relation. If they co-operate each other both will be benefited.
EvokeRule21

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:19:30 AM

Many government around the word won't accepting btc as their currency. They should accept it so they both can consume the beneficiary of each other.
demoltion

Activity: 85

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:22:23 PM

Many in the government there are those who support some who refuse, they should open wide for this digital currency, if they know what BTC and bitcoin mean I think this is a good thing for the economy in the country
10c

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

The state does not benefit from a crypto currency, because it breaks the financial system, because a large outflow of funds goes to other countries, but many states impose taxes on activities in the crypto currency.

Shieshie21

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 01:38:42 PM

I realise that there are many anarchist-inclined bitcoin enthusiasts excited about the fact that bitcoin isn't government-run; obviously however we're not all anarchists so just thought I'd try and flesh out the topic of governments and bitcoin from the other angle.  Yay textwall!

It's one thing to be opposed to governments in principle, but especially for people who don't know anyone working in government there's a bit of a tendency to go all crazy around here about what "the government agenda" is or how "the government" will try and automatically repress any new idea.  The truth is that governments are just made up of people.  Forming any kind of cohesive idea amongst government members is a massive job in and of itself, as I well know from my own experience in politics--it's simply not true that there's one big organised conspiracy called "The Government" in any country.  Even flat-out dictatorships have a wider array of differing opinions "within the ranks" than you might think.

Governments and technology have an interesting relationship.  On the one hand members of governments tend to be well-connected, established people with an investment in the status quo.  It also takes a lot of time to succeed in politics at any significant level, which means that many policymakers aren't exactly on the cutting edge of technology.  I won't be so unkind as to call them flat-out dinosaur luddites (or maybe I just did Wink ) but they don't tend to grasp the value and significance of new, disruptive technologies quickly.

On the other hand, I actually know many individuals who work at high levels of government, and a significant portion of them are genuinely trying to improve society's function through their work.  Don't forget that, as amazing as it sounds, a government invented the internet (the american government no less!).  Governments sent humans to space.  Governments even created the first computers!!  The american government created Tor!!!!!!!  Shocked -my head just exploded.

Governments are not mindless anti-tech zombies.  When something is really different they often have trouble understanding it.  Like p2p filesharing--they've completely dropped the ball on that one!  And vested interests generally tend to distort and mess things up.  But if the regular actual people who work in governments see a true opportunity for something to benefit everyone, they tend to get just as excited about it as "us" (intended in the most fully ironic sense as if there is some fundamental divide between anyone-who-can-use-bitcoin and anyone-who-works-for-a-government).  At the end of the day, if bitcoin can present a good case for providing real value to interests across the board in an area where other solutions have been sorely lacking, I think a lot of people-in-governments can get on board with that.

But one thing's for certain--if we turn bitcoin (or even the community surrounding it) into a destroy-all-governments, end-of-all-fiat-money, never-pay-taxes-again conspiracy, it will end up on the terrorist watch list before the first report even hits the desk.

tl;dr:Bitcoin is what bitcoin is.  Like the internet, it enables both traditional enterprises and disruptive possibilities.  There's nothing wrong with loving bitcoin because of the latter, but it's worth it to differentiate between your reasons for loving bitcoin and bitcoin itself.  Get excited about the fact that bitcoin could be the first successful non-government-initiated currency!  But don't fall into this trap of thinking that there's some fundamental reason that governments and bitcoin are in a conflict to the death.  I can tell you that any dinosaur worth his salt goes completely glazed over when any such topic comes up.  It's too psychologically complicated at that point in life to actually parry and dissect really different ideas--it's a lot simpler to just shut them out and bitcoin with them.

For any anarchist who faults the state on its use of force, the only fair response is to out-compete it fair and square.  If anarchism is truly better, bitcoin will probably be an important milestone in the path to getting there.  Work hard on it!  Help make it succeed!  But remember that bitcoin is about all of us, not just about those who believe that.  Don't worry though, I still love you even if I think the world isn't ready for anarchism yet Smiley .

And for anyone else out there who thinks anarchism leaves something to be desired--stick around!  You're not the only one.  We need you because the way bitcoin actually succeeds is not as some fringe project of the libertarian community (no offense to the hundreds of toes I just stepped on there Smiley ) but as a truly world-changing technology that encompasses people from many different points of view.  Bitcoin won't succeed unless non-anarchists accept it and that's pretty much that.

I'm definitely agree of this, that government must have relationship with BTC. These information should be implemented in the society of cryptos.  And I hope it will change soon.
kimhospital

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:33:46 AM

In recent news, SEBI chief Ajay Tyagi said that the Crypto rules in India will soon be launched and the role of the various regulators is being finalized. The government has the right to prohibit bitcoin in their country. There are other countries banned bitcoin from China, so this is just a normal event in the world of electronic money. Bitcoin can survive without this Chinese government, there are some countries that have trusted bitcoin and make it one of their currencies, and one of them is Japanese, so be quiet. mind, bitcoin will remain and will continue to explode as ever. Revolutionary period all over the world. But soon they will be releasing their own electronic money through which people can easily buy Bitcoin. This is what they want to achieve. Other factors that I think they can ban from exploiting or regulating it are too hard for people to stop exploiting them all together. However, if the government intervenes, it is likely that they will stop harvesting and harvesting bitcoin will not engage in traffic, reducing the supply makes it more expensive thereby preventing investors from buying more because it is expensive. Gradually, lawmakers in some countries are beginning to feel Bitcoin as a chance rather than a threat.
Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:42:48 AM

few have accepted blockchain as a technology in their government, they think something new must be prevented.
but different from Switzerland which fully supports

gokudera

Activity: 256
Merit: 36

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:59:54 AM

Government treat bitcoin enemy because they don't want that bitcoin will make their bank disappear. There is also a issue or humor that government will only make bitcoin legal if bitcoin put a tax on it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: