Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:54:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Different categories of coins and tokens - Invest Wisely  (Read 1812 times)
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 01:23:29 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2018, 09:45:59 AM by hemendrachauhan19
Merited by dbshck (4)

I am only 10 months old in this blockchain/crypto space. I have invested initially for the sake of taking quick profits, even saw 4x of my investment in jan 2018 but didn't book a profit and still HODLing onto my coins and tokens. I have started with $1000 investment and in the next subsequent dips in market, entered another $500-700. As of now my investment stands around $3500. And I'm now adding fiat of around $200 monthly.

I have learned about some really cool projects, they seems cool to me, I might be wrong though  Smiley
But what I have learned is that one should not HODL there entire investment in just similar altcoins. I have done a bit of my research and have divided the coins into different verticals/domains. If I have to add another $2-3k fiat in crypto, I would divide my portfolio into different verticals in crypto space.

Here are those verticals/domains:

1. Payment coins (BTC, LTC, NANO) - Both are targeting to be used as method of payment in the coming future. BTC would be first choice by returns from it will be low but steady. LTC could give 3-4x more gains than BTC but more risky than BTC.

2. Anonymous Coins (XMR, ZEC, DASH, PRIV) - Almost similar vertical as first except that these are basically have enhanced feature of making non-traceable anonymous transactions. Again I have written the coins as per the Lowest risk/returns to higher risk/returns as per my research. PRIV is the newest of all, only couple of months old. What I like most about them that they have not done any ICO to raise money and they are giving tokens for spreading news about them to there community members. More than 50% of tokens, around 11M of total 21M will be distributed for free.

3. Platform Tokens (ETH, XLM, NEO, IOST, ICX) - Platforms that allowed dApps to be built on them, thereby increasing the blockchain applications and need of there tokens, as a result price will increase. ETH and NEO are most favorable and they are here for quite some time now. Developers of both have already proved themselves every now and then.

4. Exchange Coins/Tokens (BNB, KCS, HT, GVT) - These coins or tokens will be generally used inside there own exchange to reduce the trading fee by some percentage (generally 50%). As paying in other crypto yields more fee, people generally who trade in exchanges will be paying fees in respective exchange coin. Also these exchanges do a quarterly buy back and burn of there tokens, thereby significantly increasing there price.

5. Social network coins/tokens (STEEM, MITH, GTO) - These coins will be used within the social network platform built around them. Many users can earn by simply posting/liking/replying to articles/images.

6. Security tokens (POLY, SWARM, SECURITIZE) - Currently only polymath allows security tokens to be built on there platforms. As per SEC chief all ICO's can be deemed as security in the coming future, there's huge opportunity for polymath. Another two platforms are worth mentioning in this section are SWARM and SECURITIZE, though the latter don't provide any tokens to be used in there platform and they make use of DS protocol. I'm still looking into more details on SECURITIZE. I know of another ICO (MOBU), which are on the same line as POLY is but they're still in ICO stage so can't say much about it.

7. Crypto loan (SALT, NEXO, MoneyToken) - This is a quite new vertical and an interesting one. People can deposit there fiat and take fiat as loan. It will help the people who needs fiat money for smaller amount of time but don't want to sell there crypto holdings. It could be the next big thing in crypto space.

Besides these there are several projects which are trying to replace traditional businesses using blockchain, like replacing online e-commerce, taxi-booking services, online advertisement etc. I have some projects to research on this vertical too, but don't know where to put them at. Maybe I'll put them under traditional business replacements projects (doesn't sounds cool though, suggest me if you can think of any good name).

These are the verticals as per my knowledge and research done yet, there could be many others which I have surely missed. I will update my post as and when i'll come across them.
bestcomputerpsycho

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 04:03:15 PM

That's some really good way to put different categories of coins. I have always divided it into 3 categories, but never thought of classifying it to other levels. I think I have almost one coin of each category except crypto lending. I think there's one more token or project called moneyToken which is also in this segment only. But as Roger ver is involved with that project, I'll stay away from it. Smiley
Luckycoins999

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:35:59 PM

I didn't have any idea that there are so many categories of coins. The post was really helpful and I learned a lot from this. This will help me much in future to deal with the coins. I will share it with all certainly. A post worth reading.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:19:18 PM

That's an interesting post. The way you arrange the domains is praiseworthy. Among the payment coins, I like Bitcoin most. It has huge potential and I believe that in future it might become one of the best method of transactions.
cryptorampage963

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:56:57 PM

That is really an impressive classification that you have done here. A lot of the people just put them in 2 or 3 categories, but putting so much depth in it is a praiseworthy feat. But here MoneyToken is something that people would just stay away from due to the infamous Roger Ver behind it.
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:06:27 PM

Of course, for analysis it is sometimes useful to classify assets by sector. It is practiced in the stock market. Crypto is still very speculative, i see no reason in the coin classification. I have just such a classification: a good coin and shitcoin Grin.

cryptogalaxy789

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:51:23 PM

This is a well thorough list that you have prepared and not only is it helpful, but it looks impressive too. This will act like a map for the people to see which coins will be used accordingly for their preferred investment instead of going for it on their own guess.
BigCookie

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:33:40 PM

This list will actually help tjhose who are confused that which coins should be invested in where. This does look like a really impressive list. But it will be better to not to get associated with MoneyToken, because it does not have a good buzz in the market.
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:43:25 PM

I am only 10 months old in this blockchain/crypto space. I have invested initially for the sake of taking quick profits, even saw 4x of my investment in jan 2018 but didn't book a profit and still HODLing onto my coins and tokens. I have started with $1000 investment and in the next subsequent dips in market, entered another $500-700. As of now my investment stands around $3500. And I'm now adding fiat of around $200 monthly.

I have learned about some really cool projects, they seems cool to me, I might be wrong though  Smiley
But what I have learned is that one should not HODL there entire investment in just similar altcoins. I have done a bit of my research and have divided the coins into different verticals/domains. If I have to add another $2-3k fiat in crypto, I would divide my portfolio into different verticals in crypto space.

Here are those verticals/domains:

1. Payment coins (BTC, LTC, NANO) - Both are targeting to be used as method of payment in the coming future. BTC would be first choice by returns from it will be low but steady. LTC could give 3-4x more gains than BTC but more risky than BTC.

2. Anonymous Coins (XMR, ZEC, DASH, PRIV) - Almost similar vertical as first except that these are basically have enhanced feature of making non-traceable anonymous transactions. Again I have written the coins as per the Lowest risk/returns to higher risk/returns as per my research. PRIV is the newest of all, only couple of months old. What I like most about them that they have not done any ICO to raise money and they are giving tokens for spreading news about them to there community members. More than 50% of tokens, around 11M of total 21M will be distributed for free.
Disclaimer: I hold around $700 worth of PRIV.

3. Platform Tokens (ETH, XLM, NEO, IOST, ICX) - Platforms that allowed dApps to be built on them, thereby increasing the blockchain applications and need of there tokens, as a result price will increase. ETH and NEO are most favorable and they are here for quite some time now. Developers of both have already proved themselves every now and then.

4. Exchange Coins/Tokens (BNB, KCS, HT, GVT) - These coins or tokens will be generally used inside there own exchange to reduce the trading fee by some percentage (generally 50%). As paying in other crypto yields more fee, people generally who trade in exchanges will be paying fees in respective exchange coin. Also these exchanges do a quarterly buy back and burn of there tokens, thereby significantly increasing there price.

5. Social network coins/tokens (STEEM, MITH, GTO) - These coins will be used within the social network platform built around them. Many users can earn by simply posting/liking/replying to articles/images.

6. Security tokens (POLY) - Currently only polymath allows security tokens to be built on there platforms. As per SEC chief all ICO's can be deemed as security in the coming future, there's huge opportunity for polymath. I know of another ICO (MOBU), which are on the same line as POLY is but they're still in ICO stage so can't say much about it.

7. Crypto loan (SALT, NEXO, MoneyToken) - This is a quite new vertical and an interesting one. People can deposit there fiat and take fiat as loan. It will help the people who needs fiat money for smaller amount of time but don't want to sell there crypto holdings. It could be the next big thing in crypto space.

Besides these there are several projects which are trying to replace traditional businesses using blockchain, like replacing online e-commerce, taxi-booking services, online advertisement etc. I have some projects to research on this vertical too, but don't know where to put them at. Maybe I'll put them under traditional business replacements projects (doesn't sounds cool though, suggest me if you can think of any good name).

These are the verticals as per my knowledge and research done yet, there could be many others which I have surely missed. I will update my post as and when i'll come across them.

You sure do have a good eye as you get to pick the best coin/token to invest and that you made profit. If you HODL more, you will surely get satisfying profit or may even make your rich. Just trust on what you have invested.
Eurobot

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:53:30 PM

I really liked the way you have shared the post, specifically the division of the coins into different verticals/domains. I do also believe that keeping different coins in our portfolio is a smarter one. The idea of investing little by little in this market is also the impressive one. We should do this also to reduce the risks of getting a loss.
jeankinkadekia

Activity: 41

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:12:32 PM

Good information, mate. The categories of coins and tokens you made may help us to analyze what categories that are promising and more safe to invest. You also share us some potential coins. I hope more people to make worth information like you did. Thanks mate.
HistoryVampire

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:20:12 PM

I extremely preferred the manner in which you have shared the post, particularly the division of the coins into various verticals/spaces. I do likewise trust that keeping distinctive coins in our portfolio is a more quick-witted one. Investing little by little in this market is likewise the noteworthy one. We ought to do this likewise to decrease the dangers of getting a misfortune.
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:16:04 AM

That is really an impressive classification that you have done here. A lot of the people just put them in 2 or 3 categories, but putting so much depth in it is a praiseworthy feat. But here MoneyToken is something that people would just stay away from due to the infamous Roger Ver behind it.

It seems most of the people would like to stay away from anything where Roger Ver is involved  Grin
You never know when he'll sell all hi BCash coins and start altogether a new coin or project. And the fact that he is still not changing name of bitcoin.com and twitter account name is also bitcoin, it clearly states what his intentions are.
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:18:11 AM

I extremely preferred the manner in which you have shared the post, particularly the division of the coins into various verticals/spaces. I do likewise trust that keeping distinctive coins in our portfolio is a more quick-witted one. Investing little by little in this market is likewise the noteworthy one. We ought to do this likewise to decrease the dangers of getting a misfortune.

Yes, previously I wasn't too sure about investing in smaller parts but then I thought of how much I can afford per month, and started doing it. Still crypto is very high risk investment, so I'm investing only that much which even if goes to zero, doesn't affect me much. Smiley
mobilezz

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:23:00 AM

It's good that there are only different categories. Each of them attracts the attention of its user and gives him the pleasure of trading. Of course, many of them are either not relevant or do not make a profit, but there is such a side effect everywhere.

hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:24:26 AM

Of course, for analysis it is sometimes useful to classify assets by sector. It is practiced in the stock market. Crypto is still very speculative, i see no reason in the coin classification. I have just such a classification: a good coin and shitcoin Grin.

Or you can just classify them as Bitcoin and Altcoin  Grin Tongue
In the end we are all here to make some profit, today for newbies it's really difficult to start investing because of the so many tokens presence. If I would have started investing in crypto space, there were only 40+ projects or so, and I could have picked 3-4 from them, but now it's more than 1500 coins and 3-4 coins getting added daily is really troublesome for everyone.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:37:07 AM

I think you should add another category of "Real World" coins ie ones that are being used to support real products that we could use in our daily lives so they are utilising blockchain and adapting it for current business models. WPR, TFD and SHR would fit into this category

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
patz22

Activity: 1176
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:42:54 AM

In the end we are all here to make some profit, today for newbies it's really difficult to start investing because of the so many tokens presence. If I would have started investing in crypto space, there were only 40+ projects or so, and I could have picked 3-4 from them, but now it's more than 1500 coins and 3-4 coins getting added daily is really troublesome for everyone.

If you will go let's say fastfood or restaurant would you feel excited to eat or thrilled if you only have few in the menu? Same goes with crypto I agree there are too many coins in the market and it is very hard to choose on where to invest and by the end of the day we have to choose what to eat and its either we absorb it (profit) or just digest and poop it (lose).
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:45:12 AM

I think you should add another category of "Real World" coins ie ones that are being used to support real products that we could use in our daily lives so they are utilising blockchain and adapting it for current business models. WPR, TFD and SHR would fit into this category

I am about to put some coins under traditional business replacements coins, but "Real World Coins" could be altogether a different category. I know about WPR and have done some research on it. I'll check on TFD and SHR too. Thanks for letting me know about them and a different category  Smiley
hemendrachauhan19 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 05:53:48 AM

If you will go let's say fastfood or restaurant would you feel excited to eat or thrilled if you only have few in the menu? Same goes with crypto I agree there are too many coins in the market and it is very hard to choose on where to invest and by the end of the day we have to choose what to eat and its either we absorb it (profit) or just digest and poop it (lose).

Exactly, couldn't have explained it better than you did just now, can I use these lines of profit/loss in original thread itself?   Smiley
And as far as picking coins/project goes, I think new investors try to pick a new or low value coin and expect to get 30-40x returns in 1-2 years. It's all about doing research and reducing the risks of not picking bad projects. And as far as ICO goes, I have only invested in one ICO (http://tv-two.com) till now after doing thorough research about the team and if that project is really needed or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: