Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are most new tokens Ethereum ICOs?  (Read 1909 times)
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:01:45 PM

The question is interesting, see basically all the platforms are trying to create a token standard Erc - 20 and for the fact that this platform is already adapted to the tokens themselves and it is quite convenient, you do not need to come up with a new technology if you can create tokens on an already existing platform

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
BarnabyETH

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:21:27 PM

Ethereum provides more security for ICOs. As it uses gas payment system, attackers cannot get through the system. This has made Ether more reliable for the new tokens and it is also one of the best cryptocurrency.
BTCHeadstone

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:25:06 PM

Ethereum uses Greedy Heaviest Observed Subtree protocol that helps to create faster block without reducing security of blockchain. This also helps verified crowdsale of new tokens. This is one of the reasons for tokens on Ether.
Adhichan

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:25:40 PM

Ethereum provides more security for ICOs. As it uses gas payment system, attackers cannot get through the system. This has made Ether more reliable for the new tokens and it is also one of the best cryptocurrency.
my opinion opposite with you dude,i think that is ethereum weakness.we often to see eth network run slowly, and its confirmation take long time.when it happen gas standard rise alot.
TranPi16

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:27:46 PM

As I see it, 95% of ICO projects use Ethereum to raise capital. Ethereum uses the ERC 20 standard and the blockchain platform should be quite secure, fast transfer speeds, and security.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:43:11 AM

Hey guys! I was just curious to know why most of the tokens I've been seeing have been on Ethereum. What are the benefits?
Because ethereum is in a field of its own when it comes down to token creation.

All the new coins provide the new solutions are actually still dependant on ethereum because none of them are capable of providing the insane level of protection ethereum provides. Ethereum gives you right to claim what is yours on an ICO, provides that security and there is no other coin like that which makes ethereum the second biggest coin in the market.

From now on, I doubt any other coin will be as big as ethereum for providing a platform for ICO's to give out their coins (creating a market for it) for getting paid in eth (getting investments) while the project is still underway (improving the coin) so it is only logical that ethereum is used in ICO.
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2018, 05:42:47 PM

The answer is very simple. Ethereum is a good blockchain now. The market value is better than any other coin. It is popular and has better batter usability and efficient more.
lauder_larger

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:40:55 AM
Merited by BlueStackz (2)

Hey guys! I was just curious to know why most of the tokens I've been seeing have been on Ethereum. What are the benefits?

It is a widely adopted and a well proven algorithm, it can handle a reasonable tx volume and it is accesible through many exchanges. It is quite useful frankly.
It is actually more like Ethereum has proven itself over this few years and has been able to show how much the team is working to keep getting things done better. However, it makes sense to assume that since Ethereum seems more like the talk of the smart contract world, and a lot of projects using it without any issues, and easy to set up, then, it is normal for every other person to follow put. The community support is also huge and there is no doubt Ethereum has become the dominant smart contract platform.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 08:13:35 AM

Ethereum is very flexible  for ICO  project  to adopt. Ethereum  is secure,  fast,  more popular and stable.  People  seem to trust project  built on the Ethereum blockchain.
In a layman's word, people prefer what they know others are using pretty well and they have no problem with it. Ethereum made the move with a smart contract platform and since then it has made it so easy for other projects to put their own token on the Ethereum blockchain.

Since ERC20 is more rampant, we sure know a lot of people will project owners will prefer to go for a well-tested on a large scale platform than a new platform that may not actually be ready yet for the large scale.
cuprice

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:25:20 AM

It's because ethereum has the second most popular crypto and ERC20 token is easy to transact.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 10:28:49 AM

Because every investor are very much familiar on Ethereum and it is easy and secure to create a token on Ethereum roughly 95% of ICO are on Ethereum platform, this is the reason why they are the second most popular altcoins in the market today and they have no close competitor so far.

lena1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:41:02 AM

Because etherium supports smart contracts that increase transaction reliability and speed!
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:57:09 AM

Ethereum was the first platform on smart contracts. That's why I was so successful. But now there is a large number of competitors. I consider EOS to be the most important competitor.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:00:41 AM

ETH platform offers easy to set up Smart contracts which can be sued to make the project over the ETH blockchain. This way these projects doesn't need any sort of blockchain of their own and thus they can get started quickly. This smart contract address also offers them easy to transact features where at the time of ICO people can just send the ETH to contract address and thus get their tokens instantly into their ERC 20 supported wallet address. This process is far simpler over the ETH platform as compared to the others and thats why they are using the most. Plus, ETH is most popular currency to be used for such transactions.
Anna Borisovna

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

ICO on Ethereum are considered safer. And Ethereum Technologies has ready tools for conducting ICO, problem-free collection of money
Ethereum offers a standardized way of creating new tokens on its own blocking system - using the ERC-20 protocol.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
S[m]OKE

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:26:48 AM

Advantages in the speed of transactions I consider one of the big plus in conducting operations using an etherium network

Luckyinvestment

Activity: 266
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:08:29 PM

I think we will see soon a lot of new tikens on the different platforms like XLM, EOS, ADA.
But on ADA it will later

Luckyinvestment

Activity: 266
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 06:10:19 PM

ICO on Ethereum are considered safer. And Ethereum Technologies has ready tools for conducting ICO, problem-free collection of money
Ethereum offers a standardized way of creating new tokens on its own blocking system - using the ERC-20 protocol.

I dont think that on Ethereum are considered safer. Just before there were no other platforms on which it would be possible to implement what can be done on

lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 07:24:07 PM

As Bitcoin is the first coin in the cryptocurrency industry, ETH is the leading platform for ICO projects, they know what they must do and what changes they make to startups choosing ETH as the platform to use.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:10:00 AM

As Bitcoin is the first coin in the cryptocurrency industry, ETH is the leading platform for ICO projects, they know what they must do and what changes they make to startups choosing ETH as the platform to use.
Honestly, it's a mystery to me, too. Apparently flies just smell that came from Ethereum and decided for him to fly. To my mind it's true story.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: