Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:54:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are most new tokens Ethereum ICOs?  (Read 1914 times)
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1631

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:12:16 AM

It's the most well known platform for new tokens, and the number 2 Crypto Currency in the world, so it's natural, except now that

a high number of ICO's have begun to fail, vetted and more carefully selected ICO's launched on other platforms like NEO have started to

increase in popularity.

yakushev

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:14:27 AM

Hey guys! I was just curious to know why most of the tokens I've been seeing have been on Ethereum. What are the benefits?
Simplicity of creation, it is not necessary to invent new technologies, took the ready, came up with an idea and work as a rasp and take money from trusting investors.

CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:56:50 AM

Ethereum fortunately makes it very easy to create a smart contract and create your own coin.   I'm guessing this is why plenty of ICOs use this as a method to secure funds, because they can receive ETH (a fairly proven technology with good value) and have the contract automatically distribute their token to the customer.  It eliminates a lot of manual work.
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 07:56:05 AM

I think Etherum gives the entrepreneurs flexible platform and many ICO investor are willing to invest projects on Etherum than others. Also so many developers work on Ethereum and that makes it stronger, open for development.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
Peri0n

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

quarkchain.io

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:59:30 PM

I think this is due solely to the fact that all projects are launched on this platform. If the hype was around another project-would run on it.
graxoff

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:33:11 PM

What do you think? I think everything is due to the fact that many investors specifically bought Ethereum last year, to invest in new projects and they started from this.
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

The reason is trust in the ethereum brand and the fact that the price is quite stable and likely to rise. It is superseded by much better technology in the form of NEO and now QTUM. In 2 years time ADA and EOS will overtake ethereum as well so it will not be popular for long when people start to switch

SoftHkA

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:12:43 PM

I think ETH is one of the favorites to make ICOs because it was designed from the beginning for it, in addition to having a completion of blocks much faster than other platforms, allowing contributions to be verified almost instantly, that avoids delays in the development of the project and in general is beneficial to everyone.
noma45

Activity: 538
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:16:45 PM

welll like the saying goes , if you can't beat them join them. The Ethereum blockchain has less fees, it's speed is nice and much acceptable by traders and crypto users.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:34:28 PM

Because in this world everyone wants to become part of a project or any partnership that have an already built reputation. ETH has built the reputation already for supporting ICOs and so every new start-up would want to be on the ETH blockchain
ovbokhan

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:36:36 PM

I don't think there is any reason in particular, other coins such as NEO, Waves, EOS can also be used to achieve same, maybe it is easier to create a smart contract with Ethereum
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:02:45 PM

Because ethereum makes it easier? I mean if you ever have seen how it works you would understand. First of all an ICO owner puts their tokens and coins into the ethereum blockchain and gives out a level like say 1 ethereum gets you 3000 of my coin, than the person who wants to invest gives out lets say 3 ethereums, and he gets 9000 of the token , so while this is not really needed it is creating a trust system, ethereum blockchain is literally acting as an escrow between the investor and the creator, that way creator gives away his tokens and investors gives the creator their ethereum.
Simple system yet incredibly effective to make sure no parties get screwed by the other side.
Luckyinvestment

Activity: 266
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:33:08 PM

As Bitcoin is the first coin in the cryptocurrency industry, ETH is the leading platform for ICO projects, they know what they must do and what changes they make to startups choosing ETH as the platform to use.

It's true but now have an another platform for similar tasks as in the etherium

CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 4207

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 09:52:04 PM

Hey guys! I was just curious to know why most of the tokens I've been seeing have been on Ethereum. What are the benefits?

The benefit is called leveraging. Using little or no effort to make huge profit. The ethereum blockchain has already created all the required tools to run a successful blockchain project so all you just have to do is have some few fund, idea, little or no blockchain expeeiand boom you're set to own your own coin (token).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:04:07 PM

I think because this is the first and most reliable platform for ICO. In to her more confidence, so use it. After all, sometimes it is easier to use what is reliable than to try something new.

tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 10:06:31 PM

It may be because it is easier to write smart contracts on the Ethereum virtual machine and also because it is the first fully functional platforms for launching ICOs
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:35:55 AM

The Etheruem has a very strong value with the trust of Vitalik Buterin.
Many supporters who are advancing the project Vitalik Buterin, he was the first originator of Smartcontracts in cryptocurrency. So, it would be appropriate for Ethereum to be much interested.
azzag0000

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:36:23 AM

Because the Ethereum platform is the most popular. Making ERC20 on the ETH platform easy and smart ETH contracts are great for opening token sales. Ether is and is still the TOP 1 platform for smart contracts. He formed a large database of developers and loyal users.
Mariahuhu

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

Because of the Smart Contract technology of Ethereum because having a credible transaction without a third parties are really amazing about crypto world and blockchain technologies that is why a lot of ICOs really tied with Ethereum.

►     https://GCOX.com GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE     ◄
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
waveswallet

Activity: 184

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

The biggest advantage is that it is simple and convenient. Ethereum has built a platform for everyone. It is very simple to issue a token. It will not be so complicated, so everyone will choose ERC-20.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: