Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:01:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Cosby buys 750 BTC  (Read 1037 times)
akungagal

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 11:29:05 PM

the reason he was just to save the rest of his wealth. he is not interested in bitcoin. if he is free from legal problems. of course he will take back his wealth. and of course he must sell all the bitcoin he has to get it back.

i think this will be very scary in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
painkiller321

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:40:15 PM

Bill Cosby is a known stand up comedian, musician, author and a convicted sex offender. According to recent news, he is thought to be hiding a major portion of his fortune from creditors by using Bitcoin. It is also heard that, he is doing this so that he doesn't have to pay for millions of legal fees and his wife who would soon be taking divorce from him.
blackandwhite89

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

This is really good news for the crypto currency market as well as BTC specially. This has revealed another good use of BTC.S So now we can say that BTC can also be used for retaining the wealth. BTC is safer than the bank for retaining wealth as per this event.
KingKongBong4152

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

This has discovered another effective use of bitcoin. This means that now people can use bitcoin for protecting their wealth as it provides more security than others. This will increase the reputation of bitcoin as well as crypto currency more.
MoneyGuardian

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:14:47 PM

The possibilities of the usage of crypto are endless, just like this where e can get protection of you assets and wealth too. This will play a vital part in strengthening the reputation of the crypto currency market.
Uad

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

If it worked that way. You do not get any legal protection by turning your dollars into BTC. The courts can force him to liquidate his bitcoins and pay any losses that he incurs. His property will be confiscated, bitkoyn and all. I do not understand how this will protect him.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 10:40:09 PM

He use his  brain buying bitcoin for the security of their fiat money investment is a wisely moves, he secured his money using this new technology of currency. I don't know who is he as an movie artist but I believe him strategy.

vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:28:21 PM

I think this is where SEC and other responsible government organizations should come together and stop such things from happening.Bill is trying to hide his wealth in cryptocurrencies and mitigate his expenses, this is pretty unethical from his part, if he was actually guilty of the alleged accusations! I hope in the new future many be with the advent of quantum computational power, these activities can be detected or even obstructed.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:48:19 PM

wow bitcoin is become more popular because of this news, i hope that after this news launched and people see this news they want to buy more and more bitcoin so the price of bitcoin can increasing sharply

GayOfThrones

Activity: 479
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

Reportedly Hollywood actor Bill Cosby has recently bought 750 BTC (around 5 $million at the time of the purchase) when he was advised to do so by his financial advisor, in an attempt to save some of his wealth from what's coming to him after all the rape accusations.

Im not sure if he is a rapist or not because I haven't looked at the evidence, but like or not, this is a clear use case of Bitcoin. His net worth is like half a billion USD, so I guess this is like a plan Z to keep 5 million which would be enough to live without working in case things go very bad for him.

I found this interesting nonetheless and worth mentioning here. Full news:

https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/bill-cosby-buys-750-bitcoin-btc-worth-5-million-to-save-500m-fortune-from-wife/

Interesting news. The question now is why he has invested only 5 Million in Bitcoins out of a fortune 100 times bigger which could easily end being seized because of his legal problems.
Protecting just 1% of hiw wealth is probably not the optimal choice.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:06:06 AM

This is smart to do, he has a good financial advisor. He will have money there that no one but himself can access, and that money is guaranteed to never be debased (killer app for Bitcoin if you ask me). This is definitely another use case for Bitcoin, the super rich buying BTC to retain their wealth. I don't quite understand this, but couldn't the court order him to pay those BTC to his wife if necessary?

If it became known to the public, then it is not smart at all, simply owning Bitcoin is not enough to avoid getting your money taken away by the justice system. For that, you would need privacy too, and he has clearly failed here. Now he may be forced to give up his coins, and even if he'll try to lie that he has lost them, he'll have a hard time spending them, because he'd had to go through exchanges and banks, which would immediately notify the law enforcement agencies.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 02:03:37 AM

Damn great financial advisor, he must be really popular on the Hollywood now because of that move to save client's money. That damn man will have some money after he got released from jail (if the accusation on him is approved right) and maybe will got some profit too.

Well at least if that Bill Cosby does not got scammed by his financial advisor, because you know, Cosby can not take that to the court because it is the money which he hide for his criminal reason.
Antelopez2

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:48:38 AM

I think his financial advisor gave him a good decision indeed. I also think it is high time to buy cryptos or bitcoin now as the price is low right time. The price will rise anytime and his $5 million will be double very soon. Smart move indeed.
scribble2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:52:52 AM

very wise decision indeed. The current market is low for bitcoin and he took this opportunity for investment. Soon he's $5m will be double because the price will increase for sure not go down.
block2point0

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:18:25 PM

Brilliant financial adviser if he bought 750 BTC for long term than this will be really beneficial for him when bitcoin price touch new ATH than $5 millions dollars will converted in huge amount i think he is holding bitcoin in Hardware wallet because this is the safest way to keep secure bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, this action is really great for secure his fund and wise investment.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:58:00 PM

Well it seems that everyone is now looking forward to BItcoin. This announces the future of the Bitcoin and potentiality of crypto market in future. I hope he gets a good return at his old age
a2zC

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:01:36 PM

Many celebrities are investing in crypto market.  This currency will be a trump card for future economy. That’s why everyone is trying to hold something for future. And I hope everything will happen like we anticipate
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 08:05:45 PM

Well it seems that everyone is now looking forward to BItcoin. This announces the future of the Bitcoin and potentiality of crypto market in future. I hope he gets a good return at his old age

LOL you're joking, right? I hope that he loses his private keys or something.
He should be in prison for what he's done to his victims, if you read about what he has done exactly, you'd probably think the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Cosby_sexual_assault_cases

You can't ban him from buying Bitcoin of course, but it's not really good advertising either...

kasurnya

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:21:46 PM

he could not avoid, if he was found guilty he still had to pay a fine, and made his money in the form of digital assets, the police would force him to hand over his personal wallet.
GoldenShark

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:09:47 AM

This is happening regularly nowadays. This is very good news for crypto world. The more big people will get interested into crypto market the more market opportunities will be found
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: