Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HAS BITCOIN REALLY STOOD THE TEST OF TIME?  (Read 1692 times)
mensahkkofie (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:02:24 PM

For many years, there are has been several misconceptions and negative speculations surrounding the world of crypto, you might have noticed that bitcoin always come up top despite these negative speculations.
The year 2018 has not been different, bitcoin has endured up to this time. There are has been several ups and downs especially concerning the price. The changes in the price were largely caused by negative news such as those in the media circles. In spite of all these problems, bitcoin has seen the light of day as the  biggest digital currency in the world. As the year enters the third quarter, all crypto enthusiasts can only hope for the best.
mansilkroad

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:14:45 PM

There is nothing wrong happening with bitcoin so it surely stood the test of time. It's price has nothing to do with the usecase and blockchain.
electrobit8024

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:20:47 PM

Yes, this coin really did take a lot of blows and had to cross a lot of hurdles. But in the end, it stood out as the best coin in the market and is still being considered as the best coin in the market.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

what you are calling "negative speculation" has in fact been FUD, misinformation and basically bullshit being spread by mainly those who wanted to  buy bitcoin cheaper or short bitcoin while it was going down. otherwise the downtrend has been natural to some point.
also I disagree with saying it was "caused largely by negative news". based on what I have seen, negative news rarely causes a drop, they only intensify a drop. in other words if there were no drop in first place then the news couldn't create it.

Only Bitcoin
alexsandre

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:36:19 PM

I think that bitcoin lasted in the trials of time and other tests will pass without difficulty
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:47:53 PM

Nothing can be said at this moment. But yes, Bitcoin had to pass through many tests to come to this position. It had to face many ups and downs. But it's price is kind of stable right now. I hope it will soon recover back its previous position in the market.
Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 01:54:59 PM

To me i think it has tried so far, with the support from the enthusiast despite the criticism from the enemies. It's cool to say it has tried. It will stand more as it makes more landmark. It will gain more ground ...

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:00:15 PM

I see bitcoin held a lot of times price-wise, but what's really going to get bitcoin far on this journey is its ability to remain a viable asset class/currency for the people who remains to trust it despite all the negativity it received in the past years. Also, development on the coin should not stagnate; not that I'm wanting more and more features but just to keep the gears going and the system robust against malicious attacks which could greatly harm bitcoin and the trust of the users who hold it.

Price shouldn't be the only factor we should be worried about; the inner workings of the system should also be taken into play.
btcmaster999

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:09:18 PM

You have rightly said that bitcoin has proved its quality every time. In spite of having several problems in the market, bitcoin has always stood up and proves its capability. Such ups and downs are common in this market so there is nothing wrong in this.
redrose8226

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:42:34 PM

This is really true that bitcoin has always stood up against the worst situation of this market. Such ups and down is really common here. Bitcoin has proved that it is the most reliable coin and this is not the test of time rather it is the characteristic of this market.
artaks

Activity: 264

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:48:32 PM

Bitcoin is one of the fastest growing asset in this current world. Personally I think btc has really the ability to stood the taste of time. Btc is like a bubble waiting to burst.
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:28:22 PM

Despite the hurdles BTC faced recently and in the past, this coin always outdid itself and has proved its worth and potential. Every kings stumbles in their reigns. BTC is no stranger to it as well. But this coin did regain the power and this year will be no exception to it either.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:37:44 PM

because the "truth" never stays hidden for long. eventually all the FUD and all the negative news in the media that you are specifically seeing these days will go away and the truth will come out.
people may temporarily believe some of the FUDs and others seeing the situation may take advantage and push the price lower but at the end of the day everything will come back to normal and  the  demand is still there and will start buying. which is why price rises in the long run.

There is a FOMO brewing...
LateMoveR52

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:09:57 PM

Bitcoin has stood the test of time. I always  have a strong believe about it bitcoin will be more upward from now and be more popular.It will be surely stand the test of time and it was.
BigCookie

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:15:04 PM

It was predicted that in 2018 apart from manipulators and scammers, the speculators will cause the greatest threat to Bitcoin and that has been the case so far. But, we have always seen Bitcoin overcoming all these obstacles and shining in the end and the recent situation is no different than that.
PrissMCclen

Activity: 338

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:39:00 PM

Yes, but let's expect some little more test, since bitcoin is just half a decade, more test are coming

Tachyon Protocol      >      The New Internet in Your Hands
►  IPX is Officially Listed on Bithumb & Bithumb Global  ◄
CheeryPenguin

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:56:38 PM

The effect media and the speculations spread by it has done there fair share of damage to the market and finally the trust of the Bitcoin community has taken over and it has helped Bitcoin to start recovering again from the recent slump. How long this recovery will go on? Only time can tell but we can only keep our fingers crossed and wait for the perfect opportunity right now.
Myown55

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:05:26 PM

Bitcoin has really persevered under every trial. I am very proud of the bitcoin users who never gave up on the currency; bitcoin is now at its outmost best because of its user. Long live bitcoin and its users. We are bitcoin.

✪GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain✪  
◉ http://gowithmi.com/◎☛https://twitter.com/GoWithMi_GL☚◎https://t.me/gowithmi_en ◉
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:12:30 PM

Until now yes, and bitcoin has enough time to mature and develop a lot further.
PsylockReborn

Activity: 420
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:15:54 PM

Bitcoin has already proven so much. There are so many huge dips and bloodbath that happened in the crypto market but bitcoin still remained strong and tried to recover. Now that we are approaching to Q4 of this year, hoping that we can see more good performance of bitcoin's value in the market just like what happened last year. I know it's vague that history will repeat itself but its very much possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: