Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: U.S President Trump: Google ‘rigged’ search results, ‘illegal’ censorship.  (Read 1781 times)
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:13:36 PM

First of all Google uses algorithms that can't be rigged...they can be swayed by popular searches but it's not rigged internally. Secondly, Google is a private company so they can do whatever they want. If they were publicly-owned then they have a responsibility to be impartial but as a private company then can do/say whatever they want.

"Do not track" request is enabled in my chrome browser.

I have Kaspersky anti-virus link on my website and yesterday to check the links I clicked them. Today when I am on other websites I am getting google adsense/ads for Kaspersky.

People who click on Kaspersky from my website and they may buy later, they can click on google ads when they see them on other websites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:19:32 PM

First of all Google uses algorithms that can't be rigged...they can be swayed by popular searches but it's not rigged internally. Secondly, Google is a private company so they can do whatever they want. If they were publicly-owned then they have a responsibility to be impartial but as a private company then can do/say whatever they want.

I have Kaspersky anti-virus link on my website and yesterday to check the links I clicked them. Today when I am on other websites I am getting google adsense/ads for Kaspersky.

People who click on Kaspersky from my website and they may buy later, they can click on google ads when they see them on other websites.

It's a common misconception that Google is a private company, so they can do whatever they want. Let's investigate that and see what the facts are. I'll just google the subject....

Anyone see a little problem there?
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:51:31 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2018, 03:10:16 AM by xtraelv

Turning off you tracking cookies does not stop google from logging your searches.

https://www.businessinsider.com/even-if-you-cleared-your-history-google-records-your-search-activity-2018-4/?r=AU&IR=T

It's a common misconception that Google is a private company, so they can do whatever they want. Let's investigate that and see what the facts are. I'll just google the subject....

Anyone see a little problem there?

There is quite a bit on google about it.

You could use duckduckgo which is privacy oriented. There are also plenty of other search engines.

Or use a google account with your "nickname", no friends and no personal email.

I have a facebook, twitter, linkedin and google+ with no friends and maximum privacy settings. All of them are parasitic applications that track, sell your private data and block you from viewing content if you don't have them.

I also use a different computer for online activity than the one I use for work  / exchanges & wallets and contemplating getting another for even more hardened security.

Privacy often is also not taken into account by Government departments and authorities. For instance when making a submission on a law change or certain complaints your name is publicly available. Then there are the databases that we don't have access to.  Or private information about us stored by foreign governments.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:13:13 PM

I have a facebook, twitter, linkedin and google+ with no friends and maximum privacy settings. All of them are parasitic applications that track, sell your private data and block you from viewing content if you don't have them.

DO NOT BUY FROM google adsense/google advertisements shown on websites. Google ads are the real problems.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 08:02:30 PM

Facebook is tracking now, too....
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2018, 09:01:00 PM

Google got its seed funding from In-Q-Tel, the well known venture capital arm of the CIA. These companies are not private, impartial, or separate from the government by any means.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 09:36:45 PM

Google got its seed funding from In-Q-Tel, the well known venture capital arm of the CIA. These companies are not private, impartial, or separate from the government by any means.
Look at how I revise your statement.

Google got its seed funding from In-Q-Tel, the well known venture capital arm of the CIA. These companies are not private, impartial, or separate from the governments by any means.

That's 21st century scary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: