Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL][PROFIT-SHIFT] Coinshift.com, the first profit-shifting multipool  (Read 28669 times)
boxofspuds

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:15:28 PM

figured I would chime back in.

reran the #s at 24 hours and i ended up with .00610 btc/mhash/day ... which was exactly what the stats page was listing at the time.

guess i just hopped on at the wrong time and missed the higher earning hours that drove the trailing 24 hrs # so high.

either way, i'll leave my rigs here for a bit and see how it goes in a few days.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coinshift (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

Thanks for the update, boxofspuds. Sorry you missed out on that awesome Doge block  Undecided

We just added 2 more coins: Feathercoin (FTC) and Smartcoin (SMC). More to come!

We also looked in to taking advantage of the ghash.io promotion. We've written a proxy client to take advantage of it, but they've already reduced the rewards to 1.25. Looks like Waffle may have diverted some hashes to it, which may mean we'll see an improvement in profitability on the other altcoins. We'll keep an eye on it, let us know if you have any preferences.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:33:27 PM

please add earthcoin & flappycoin ASAP

BTW Could you please add an API to get current hash distribution of the pool?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:46:53 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 10:07:13 PM by Coinshift

please add earthcoin & flappycoin ASAP

BTW Could you please add an API to get current hash distribution of the pool?

We've got Flappycoin! Added it a couple days ago. Will look in to Earthcoin.

API info: http://coinshift.com/api/

Edit: misunderstood. Yeah we can add an API for that, will get back to you.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:56:38 PM

We lowered the threshold for DOGE to activate to ~400MH. So far, so good! Variance will be higher this way, but DOGE is currently by far the most profitable coin. If we have a long slow period we'll toss some of our own coins in to supplement. We'd like to grow past 1.5 GH so that our variance will become manageable while mining on the bigger coins.

Keep on hashin'!
CoinBuzz

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 05:40:14 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 04:12:54 PM by CoinBuzz

We've got Flappycoin! Added it a couple days ago. Will look in to Earthcoin.

Yeah, saw that.
I Suggest please add Earthcoin & Anoncoin. These are very profitable time to time and other pools take advantage of them.

Bad thing is that admin of coinshift is online for about 2hours every day. He/She is not around more time. We put a msg and we get a reply on the next day. i dont like this.

justme27

Activity: 64
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:26:44 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 09:04:21 PM by justme27

I have some minor bugs/annoyances/questions:

- The "Current Allocation" circle doesn't seem to correspond with the graph right next to it. Even worse, the circle shows something entirely different when you hit F5 a few times, but the graph doesn't change accordingly. Example: https://i.imgur.com/fB7ngve.png
- The choice of colours on the coin graphs is pretty bad. Many coins have the same or very similar colours, making it hard to tell which is which. The colouring is also not consistent, different colours are used on each chart.
- Why is the BTC/MHs/day figure on poolpicker.eu so different from what's displayed on the site itself?
- Why does payout happen approx. every 25h now instead of 24h?
- Why are some coins exchanged pretty much instantly (DOGE) while others take all day? (FLAP)

And a little feature request: Would it be possible to show which coins an individual miner has mined on the "Account Info" page?

All pretty minor issues, but still I feel it's worth reporting/asking about Smiley

1NTLM3PfNgfBdRACPYFyrDJpzqt9QcocVZ
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 09:46:51 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 10:17:31 PM by Coinshift

Bad thing is that admin of coinshift is online for about 2hours every day. He/She is not around more time. We put a msg and we get a reply on the next day. i dont like this.

That one surprises me! Most of the time we're not spending in the forum we're working on improvements on the pool. But, we'll make more of an effort to reply on the forums here. You can also follow us on Twitter as we post smaller updates there sometimes.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 10:16:53 PM

I have some minor bugs/annoyances/questions:

- The "Current Allocation" circle doesn't seem to correspond with the graph right next to it. Even worse, the circle shows something entirely different when you hit F5 a few times, but the graph doesn't change accordingly. Example: https://i.imgur.com/fB7ngve.png
- The choice of colours on the coin graphs is pretty bad. Many coins have the same or very similar colours, making it hard to tell which is which. The colouring is also not consistent, different colours are used on each chart.
- Why is the BTC/MHs/day figure on poolpicker.eu so different from what's displayed on the site itself?
- Why does payout happen approx. every 25h now instead of 24h?
- Why are some coins exchanged pretty much instantly (DOGE) while others take all day? (FLAP)

And a little feature request: Would it be possible to show which coins an individual miner has mined on the "Account Info" page?

All pretty minor issues, but still I feel it's worth reporting/asking about Smiley
These are all great suggestions (many of which we're aware of). Currently we're focusing primarily on the behind-the-scenes stuff (focusing on profitability, new coins, server stability, etc). Once we're pretty confident all that stuff is sorted out, we'll put some more work on the UI of the site.
* The allocation graph is correct, but the "current allocation" pie chart is really buggy. I almost want to take that out until we have time to fix it
* The colors will get fixed when we switch to a different graphing library. We're going to pick on that allows you to mouse over to see exact values
* Poolpicker grabs the data from our api. He only samples one point off the graph, I think.
* We're going to switch payout to another time of day so that we can make it more consistent. Unfortunately Cryptsy (and other exchanges) won't let us auto-withdraw at the moment.
* A few coins (FLAP, LEAF, LOT) are pretty hard to exchange quickly because the value per coin is <10 satoshi. If one of those coins isn't selling fast, we can't knock down the price because going from 6->5 or 3->2 satoshi per coin would be a bit hit.

We can definitely add coin values to the miner page!
CoinBuzz

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:27:36 PM

two question:

1) could u add an API to get current hash distribution of the pool?

2) Do you have any plan on adding more coins?

Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:00:42 AM

two question:

1) We're considering that, there are definitely concerns as to whether that could create competition problems. What would you think that would be useful for?

2) We'll be adding 2-4 more coins this week. I know you're interested in EarthCoin! If anyone else has suggestions we'd love to hear them!
SamE

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:43:35 AM

I would suggest not showing which coins we are mining at all, even in graph form. Let the other pools figure things out on their own.
I've switched completely to this pool. I rely like the profit switching concept, and it seems to be working out just fine.
CoinBuzz

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:24:51 AM

two question:

1) We're considering that, there are definitely concerns as to whether that could create competition problems. What would you think that would be useful for?

2) We'll be adding 2-4 more coins this week. I know you're interested in EarthCoin! If anyone else has suggestions we'd love to hear them!

1) I was thinking about making a real-time stat for me and other users. maybe you can provide this api with some delay, for example hashrate distribution of last minute, not current minute.

2) My suggestion list is: Anoncoin, Earthcoin, Mooncoin, Fastcoin, Reddcoin, Netcoin, Nyancoin, Infinitecoin. Please add these 8 coin to increase pool profitability even more than any other pool.

omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:19:53 PM

Pointed one of cards here, will switch the other after I get paid from other pool.  I like the idea.
devt

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Any plans on making accounts and ability to select which coins to not auto-trade?
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:42:33 AM

Just wanted to thank you guys for making a pool I don't feel guilty for mining at.

Would it be for a future feature being not trading a certain coin? Like if I want to bank DOGE?

Thanks guys!
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:24:27 AM

Just wanted to thank you guys for making a pool I don't feel guilty for mining at.

Would it be for a future feature being not trading a certain coin? Like if I want to bank DOGE?

Thanks guys!

No plans for that at this time. We chose early on to not require signup and instead payout automatically to the BTC address that you mine with. That choice is unfortunately incompatible with choosing to keep certain coins.

There is very little lost in the trading fees, though. You should be able to convert the BTC you earn back in to any currency you'd like fairly efficiently!
justme27

Activity: 64
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:05:11 AM

Congrats on getting 1GH/s Smiley

Right now the profit is flatlining though... I see the coins disappearing from the unexchanged graph but they don't reappear on the exchanged coins graph. What's up with that?

1NTLM3PfNgfBdRACPYFyrDJpzqt9QcocVZ
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:46:13 AM

Pointed my second card to your server today!  Was previously mining at middlecoin and for whatever reason I get at least 3x the amount of shares with your pool than I did with middlecoin.   So far im quite happy and plan to continue mining your pool.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:08:15 PM

If i have profits less than 0.001, when I'm going to receive my payout?

Thanks!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: