Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL][PROFIT-SHIFT] Coinshift.com, the first profit-shifting multipool  (Read 28669 times)
Bajawah

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:43:36 PM

What is the plan with DOGE now that they hammer difficulty as soon as a pool points at them?

I see that it's coinshift is about 86% DOGE right now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinshift (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

Right now the profit is flatlining though... I see the coins disappearing from the unexchanged graph but they don't reappear on the exchanged coins graph. What's up with that?

That was from the unfortunate crash of Flappycoin (which as of now appears dead). Most of our unexchanged balance at the time was in Flappycoin, which is hard to sell effectively because it's value was only 2 satoshi and the exchanges don't have sub-satoshi pricing. The price eventually dropped to 0.00000001, so we sold most of it for half as much as we were showing in the unexchanged graph. As of now there are only sell orders for Flappycoin in the exchanges, no buyers.

Ideally we should have stopped mining Flappycoin earlier since it wasn't exchanging well. We've suspended both FLAP and LEAF because their prices are too low to exchange reliably.

We're learning, and we'll continue to improve our autotrading intelligence.
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:50:50 PM

What happened to FlappyCoin? Did something drastic cause it to crash? Can't you exchange Flappy to LTC then to BTC?
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:01:33 PM

What is the plan with DOGE now that they hammer difficulty as soon as a pool points at them?

That's what's great about a shifting algorithm. As the difficulty rises, we can gradually pull back from a coin and place those hashes on others, as long as there are other coins that are more profitable to mine than LTC. With enough hashrate and the right algorithm, we could even settle into a hashrate equilibrium, where we see an end to these massive spikes.

Our goal is to balance two competing factors: sustainability and profitability. The basic concept is: when one coin is more profitable than another, how much more hashrate do you give it? Right now we've got our shifting algorithm in "aggressive" mode, meaning it's more concerned about profitability. That helps us ensure that we can compete with other pools and attract miners to join us in our quest. Over time and as we have a more significant hashrate, our plan is to to see how much we can turn the dial back to sustainability without sacrificing much profitability. That will be better for the whole ecosystem and should actually improve everyone's payouts.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:27:03 PM

What happened to FlappyCoin? Did something drastic cause it to crash? Can't you exchange Flappy to LTC then to BTC?

The difficulty swings from multipools was too much for it, I think. It's being delisted from some exchanges. Some people are still holding out hope!
http://www.reddit.com/r/flappycoin/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464743.3480
EricKennedy

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

I'm sending 30Mhs to CoinShift, and it was reporting a lower hashrate but that was ok (~27Mhs). Now, for a few hours, it's reporting less than 20Mhs (including rejected hashrate).
Am I the only one to experiment this ?

franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:37:42 PM

I'm sending 30Mhs to CoinShift, and it was reporting a lower hashrate but that was ok (~27Mhs). Now, for a few hours, it's reporting less than 20Mhs (including rejected hashrate).
Am I the only one to experiment this ?
I have 1.5Mhs pointed to coinshift and now in the pool stats it seems to be 1Mhs...

I also have problems with which you're saying... I think that there's a problem in the stats and payment... I don't receive anything (yet) and the pool says that is paying 0.00749 BTC/Mhs/day so it's obvious that i least i need to have ~0.0001 lol

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
omgbossis21

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:00:46 PM

Im on a .5/m hasher but have received payout the last two days.  I have noticed the  hashrate stats are incorrect, sometimes  higher and sometimes lower.
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

I like this pool the most out of the top five at the moment. Fast payments and a cool concept of shifting load instead of going 100% on one poor coin.

The thing I noticed so far is that multiple worker configs have a problem. If you set up youraddress.worker1 + youraddress.worker2 etc., the combined hash rate is always lower than what you'd get while not using individual worker addresses. Or that it is just a display glitch on the frontend.

BTW guys, please try to make the line colors in the graphs more static. Not a big issue but they tend to "shift" color on every page reload so far. Smiley

>> nope
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:13:35 PM

Does expiry, scan-time, queue have any effect?
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:15:32 PM

Can you PM or post your address so I can look at it? What server are you onWhere are you located?
Bajawah

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:16:10 PM

That's what's great about a shifting algorithm. As the difficulty rises, we can gradually pull back from a coin and place those hashes on others, as long as there are other coins that are more profitable to mine than LTC. With enough hashrate and the right algorithm, we could even settle into a hashrate equilibrium, where we see an end to these massive spikes.

Our goal is to balance two competing factors: sustainability and profitability. The basic concept is: when one coin is more profitable than another, how much more hashrate do you give it? Right now we've got our shifting algorithm in "aggressive" mode, meaning it's more concerned about profitability. That helps us ensure that we can compete with other pools and attract miners to join us in our quest. Over time and as we have a more significant hashrate, our plan is to to see how much we can turn the dial back to sustainability without sacrificing much profitability. That will be better for the whole ecosystem and should actually improve everyone's payouts.

That makes sense.

What I really am curious about is how you calculate profitability with their instant difficulty shift. As I am sure you know, (this is for the class Tongue) DOGE now instantly adjusts difficulty in the hopes to cause unsophisticated multipools to hop on, then instantly hop off.

Are you saying that you calculate the profitability for Coinshift after the "expected" difficulty spike before we start mining?

If so, makes total sense. Otherwise I am curious as to how it stays worth mining.

Thanks!
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:17:43 PM

Not a big issue but they tend to "shift" color on every page reload so far. Smiley

Hehe, yep we're aware of that. It's super annoying, but so far we've been prioritizing backend fixes rather than working on the UI. I promise we'll get around to that very soon.

There may be a quick tweak I can do that will make it better today. But in the longer term we want to switch those graphs to a better graphing lib.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:26:11 PM

I have 1.5Mhs pointed to coinshift and now in the pool stats it seems to be 1Mhs...

I also have problems with which you're saying... I think that there's a problem in the stats and payment... I don't receive anything (yet) and the pool says that is paying 0.00749 BTC/Mhs/day so it's obvious that i least i need to have ~0.0001 lol

* Can you share your address or link us to your account page? At 0.5MH you will have some variance, so you should be seeing hashrates from 1.0-2.0MH which over the course of the day average out to 1.5

* How long has the 1.5MH been pointed there? Since we're mining a lot of DOGE at the moment which has higher variance, (blocks come every 1-2 hours) you will have to stick with it for at least 24-48 hours to see a fair report
franckuestein
Legendary

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

* Can you share your address or link us to your account page? At 0.5MH you will have some variance, so you should be seeing hashrates from 1.0-2.0MH which over the course of the day average out to 1.5

* How long has the 1.5MH been pointed there? Since we're mining a lot of DOGE at the moment which has higher variance, (blocks come every 1-2 hours) you will have to stick with it for at least 24-48 hours to see a fair report

Here you have: http://coinshift.com/account/1FrzQeGqWrKzwLGv9uMPVxbe9DyTs4RNQW

I can't see anything in "Estimated Unexchanged" Sad

trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:51:12 PM

I'm seeing the same pattern as EricKennedy to say the truth. Hash rates have fallen down for the last 3 hours or so even though worker efficiencies are rock solid here. Not whining but there's something to look at over there guys. Hopefully just a frontend problem.

Edit: Fixed now.

>> nope
Bajawah

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:15:53 PM

I'm seeing the same pattern as EricKennedy to say the truth. Hash rates have fallen down for the last 3 hours or so even though worker efficiencies are rock solid here. Not whining but there's something to look at over there guys. Hopefully just a frontend problem.

Edit: Fixed now.

Confirmed.

Also, it seemed to only be on the display. Payout was constant.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:52:11 PM

Guys, thanks for reporting those issues. We were able to get it fixed -- sounds like two of your have confirmed it's looking good now.

@Eric your hashrate should now be reporting properly again, please let me know if it isn't.
franckuestein
Legendary

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 07:04:19 PM

Thanks @coinshift for solving the problems!!

But 1 thing... the Current Performance (trailing 24h) it's 0.00847

Is it correct?
Thx!  Cheesy

SamE

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:29:33 PM

Looks like we've had some good luck today  Smiley DId we find another DOGE block?
Waffle is also up today, but not as much as we are!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: