Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL][PROFIT-SHIFT] Coinshift.com, the first profit-shifting multipool  (Read 28669 times)
Coinshift (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:40:48 PM

Looks like we've had some good luck today  Smiley DId we find another DOGE block?
Waffle is also up today, but not as much as we are!

Yep, DOGE has been performing quite well for us today!

We deployed a hash allocation algorithm change last night that we hoped would improve profitability. It performed really well overnight -- we'll see over the next 12 hours whether that was luck or a marked improvement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EricKennedy

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 09:52:45 PM

@Eric your hashrate should now be reporting properly again, please let me know if it isn't.

I'm sending approx 23Mhs to Coinshift, and I'm seeing around 16Mhs, and it's dropping...
When I'm hashing on CleverMining, I see ~22Mhs which is fine.
Eric

Maseo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 03:11:19 AM

Getting lots of 'job not found' on the EU server. Something up?

Pool 0 is Coinshift EU
http://puu.sh/7CckO.png
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 04:39:46 AM

Somethings up one of my cards has 156stale and 62 on the other, first time its happened since ive been mining here.
boxofspuds

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:43:09 AM

some observations after another 24 hrs mining here.  I had moved off to another pool previously, but came back and had a balance of 0, so this is fairly accurate.

right now the api is returning
"value_per_mh_24h": "0.00576"

but my actual calculations for btc/mhash/day is roughly .0064 and .0063 across 2 different rigs

I've also noticed we've been in a decline in profits for a few hours  Cry

In the meantime, I do have one request.  Would it be possible for the api page: http://coinshift.com/api/stats/performance/ to also include total payouts in btc?  I'm not looking for a "for the day" total, I'm just looking for a "since the beginning" or "from this day forward".  Essentially something that will not/never be set back to 0.

I'm writing some scripts to pull out pool vs rig performance, so it would be helpful if there was a way to determine much btc was paid out in total. 
as it stands now, I can tell how much MY last payment(s) were (all time payouts on miner page, payout_sum on api page), but I have no idea how much in total was paid out to the pool.  As far as I can tell the "Current Pool Balance" from the stats Page/value_24h from the api will get zeroed out every time there is a payout.

-spuds

EricKennedy

Activity: 360

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 07:26:03 AM

After this night's run, all reportings are ok.
I'll keep you informed if anything happen.
Eric

trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:14:42 PM

@coinshift

I think this is something you might want to integrate into the system. It would support the general idea of the pool. Some free profits with merged mining. They don't do exchange and that's where you'd come in with two efficient techniques + auto exchange.

http://manicminer.in/docs/mining

P.S. Check your inbox. Thanks.

>> nope
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:30:16 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2014, 10:01:33 PM by Bajawah

Seems like the bottom dropped out of the market after the ASICs were pre-order-able. Ugh.

*edit - Random thought.*

Interesting observation from watching the allocation of hash and profit/MH.

It seems like the coinchoose algorithm is fighting hard to not allocate a lot (80% +) to DOGE, but is finding hard to not do so.

We keep bouncing from a balanced distribution to a all on DOGE to keep the profit levels ok. Almost as if there is a lower limit of "throw the balance out the window" for profit MH/day.

Quick math,

DOGE = 0.00000122 @ 2:57pm PST

Estimated DOGE per MH/day = ~3537

3573 * 0.00000122 =  0.00435906 btc per MH/day

So... hmm.

Guess the market is just shit. lol
Th3P

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 06:36:07 PM

Site down??
trc

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 07:07:39 PM

Site down??

No but I guess while the system is preparing to send or while sending out payments, the site becomes slow sometimes. That's what I thought it was. It can be a coincidence of course.

>> nope
FrankieSaysRelax

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 10:34:08 PM

put in the url without the www and it should work.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:51:35 AM

Seems like the bottom dropped out of the market after the ASICs were pre-order-able. Ugh.

*edit - Random thought.*

Interesting observation from watching the allocation of hash and profit/MH.

It seems like the coinchoose algorithm is fighting hard to not allocate a lot (80% +) to DOGE, but is finding hard to not do so.

We keep bouncing from a balanced distribution to a all on DOGE to keep the profit levels ok. Almost as if there is a lower limit of "throw the balance out the window" for profit MH/day.

Quick math,

DOGE = 0.00000122 @ 2:57pm PST

Estimated DOGE per MH/day = ~3537

3573 * 0.00000122 =  0.00435906 btc per MH/day

So... hmm.

Guess the market is just shit. lol

I'm glad you're watching closely, it's definitely fun to follow. The multipools cause this effect. Just look at this graph of the DOGE difficulty, for instance:
http://coinshift.com/graph/coin/difficulty/DOGE

With constant swings of over 50% difficulty, DOGE oscillates from being very profitable to very unprofitable. We have the amazing advantage of being able to fill those troughs with hashes, and start to gradually pull back as it rises above its midpoint, but you're right in that we struggle to find other coins to allocate hashes to. We're not always able to find other coins that are doing better than LTC. That's a fundamental problem with the ecosystem: they've been battling the multipools for months, and they're starting to lose.

We'll be adding a few new coins and retiring some old ones this weekend. We think that should re-invigorate things a bit! Always open to suggestions, but coins that are traded on Cryptsy tend to work the best (both in terms of BTC volume per day, and the ability to auto-trade).

Current candidates are REDD, NET, AUR. We'd like to reintroduce NEC since it seems to be doing well, but we can't seem to peer well with other NEC nodes so we get a lot of orphans. Anyone know of a node list for NEC?
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:03:46 AM

put in the url without the www and it should work.
Thanks, that's embarrassing! Fixed.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 02:18:22 AM

Updates for today:

We pushed out an update that should improve our hashrate headroom dramatically. If you were previously on the EU server having having issues with not seeing your full hashrate, that should be completely resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you try again and still have issues. We're currently processing ~3,000 shares per minute, and should have no problem scaling up past 50,000+ (fingers crossed).

We restored the EU VARDIFF to the previous target of 1 share / 25 seconds. It had been increased to 1/35 temporarily to reduce strain on the system.

We've also dropped the min VARDIFF target to 64, and it now moves in smaller increments (also 64). That should help us to support those of you with smaller rigs.

Tomorrow we plan on adding the coins we promised for this week, and removing some dead coins. If all goes well on the stability/profitability side, we'll also have some time to put in to the UI and API.
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:38:37 AM

I think the best thing to do is to see what altcoins other multipools are adding into their switcher. For any switching pool to be effective you have to keep ontop of what new promising altcoins are coming out and add them quickly to your switcher list. For example, trademybit.com does a very good job keeping on top of this if you look at their list -- it contains a lot of recently added scrypt coins. ipominer.com is another one.

At the least you should be adding spaincoin and ecc to your list because they're on the profitability train at the moment. My 2 satoshis.

Also, consider adding a multiport for scrypt adaptive-N coins. Once scrypt asic's start coming out, probably several months or sooner from now, there will likely be a migration to asic resistant coins. trademybit is the only pool I'm aware of that currently offers this. None of the other pools like wafflepool, clevermining, middlecoin etc. have this feature.
boxofspuds

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:39:17 AM

Updates for today:

We pushed out an update that should improve our hashrate headroom dramatically. If you were previously on the EU server having having issues with not seeing your full hashrate, that should be completely resolved now. Sorry for the inconvenience, and please let us know if you try again and still have issues. We're currently processing ~3,000 shares per minute, and should have no problem scaling up past 50,000+ (fingers crossed).

We restored the EU VARDIFF to the previous target of 1 share / 25 seconds. It had been increased to 1/35 temporarily to reduce strain on the system.

We've also dropped the min VARDIFF target to 64, and it now moves in smaller increments (also 64). That should help us to support those of you with smaller rigs.

Tomorrow we plan on adding the coins we promised for this week, and removing some dead coins. If all goes well on the stability/profitability side, we'll also have some time to put in to the UI and API.

Hey Coinshift,

Any possibility to add a running total of how much BTC the pool has paid out to the api page http://coinshift.com/api/stats/performance/?
thx

Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:33:57 AM

Hey Coinshift,

Any possibility to add a running total of how much BTC the pool has paid out to the api page http://coinshift.com/api/stats/performance/?
thx

If we just put this picture instead will that be OK?

Edit: Just kidding, yes I think we can add that to the API. Will post when it's done Cheesy
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:46:52 AM

I think the best thing to do is to see what altcoins other multipools are adding into their switcher. For any switching pool to be effective you have to keep ontop of what new promising altcoins are coming out and add them quickly to your switcher list. For example, trademybit.com does a very good job keeping on top of this if you look at their list -- it contains a lot of recently added scrypt coins. ipominer.com is another one.

At the least you should be adding spaincoin and ecc to your list because they're on the profitability train at the moment. My 2 satoshis.

Also, consider adding a multiport for scrypt adaptive-N coins. Once scrypt asic's start coming out, probably several months or sooner from now, there will likely be a migration to asic resistant coins. trademybit is the only pool I'm aware of that currently offers this. None of the other pools like wafflepool, clevermining, middlecoin etc. have this feature.
We are strongly considering scrypt-n as an option for expansion soon. Stay tuned for news on that, but you should expect more expansion in the scrypt coins first.

We're tracking a lot of altcoins for profitability and we'll be adding a few this weekend. If you have concrete reasoning for a specific coin or two, let us know!
To be frank, the coin must be exchanged on Cryptsy to be worthwhile to mine. Other exchanges just don't have the trade depth or the API to make it worthwhile.
kreeften

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

what is the Worker Difficulty?

sgsdebruijn

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:23:10 PM

hashing for 24 hours, average 3.6Mh payout 0.013BTC, sorry leaving, cann't pay my electricity with this profibility
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: