Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL][PROFIT-SHIFT] Coinshift.com, the first profit-shifting multipool  (Read 28669 times)
Coinshift (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:27:01 AM

what is the Worker Difficulty?

VARDIFF. Min 64. Diff will adjust so that you submit 1 share every 25 seconds
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meg5000

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:46:47 PM

Just checked my stats on Coinshift after 24 hours mining and my confirmed + unconfirmed balance is 20% lower than I would expect with my hashrate from your pool stats.
Is there a time lag on these figures?
I really like the idea of this pool, and don't want to leave but as someone else just posted, at the moment a lot of us are barely covering our electric (or not if my stats are correct) and I will have to reluctantly go back to Clever if this is not sorted, where at least I know I will get what the pool stats  say. Undecided
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:03:24 PM

Just checked my stats on Coinshift after 24 hours mining and my confirmed + unconfirmed balance is 20% lower than I would expect with my hashrate from your pool stats.
I really like the idea of this pool, and don't want to leave but as someone else just posted, at the moment a lot of us are barely covering our electric (or not if my stats are correct) and I will have to reluctantly go back to Clever if this is not sorted, where at least I know I will get what the pool stats  say. Undecided

Hmmm, that's very strange. The block payouts are PPLNS, so it would take about an hour to get up to full speed -- however that would only account for ~3% over 24 hours. Please post or PM me your address and the hashrate reported by cgminer so I can look in to it further.
Coinshift (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:04:44 PM

Added 3 new coins today: AUR, KDC, RDD.

These coins have been near the top of the charts for the last few days, so I think they'll do very well. More coming soon.
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:56:15 AM

What happen i cant access coinshift dot com
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:27:29 AM

What happen i cant access coinshift dot com
The site is entirely 404 error pages at the moment...

Interested to see how long this lasts.

Edit: back up... didn't take tooo long.
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:11:04 AM

Added 3 new coins today: AUR, KDC, RDD.

These coins have been near the top of the charts for the last few days, so I think they'll do very well. More coming soon.

What about Anoncoin & Earthcoin ?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:26:55 AM

@coinshift

I've a question:

For example, now that i am writing this post, pool is dedicated 96.5% on AUR and 0.73% on DOGE and remains on others.
Since pool has 2.5GHash, 0.73% will be about 18Mhash. It is obvious that 18Mhash cant find any DOGE block. So i think the pool algorithm should consider coin's difficulty into it's dedication's amount too (i like to call it hashrate efficiency).
It is wiser that pool assign those 18Mhash to RDD or GDC since it can be more efficient on those coins difficulty [OR] assign enough hashrate to DOGE side.

What do you think?

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
boxofspuds

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:18:07 AM

has anyone mining on this pool been affected by the whole client redirect hijacking going through some of the other multipools?
meg5000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:39:15 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 09:51:39 AM by meg5000

I really like the idea of this pool, and don't want to leave but as someone else just posted, at the moment a lot of us are barely covering our electric (or not if my stats are correct) and I will have to reluctantly go back to Clever if this is not sorted, where at least I know I will get what the pool stats  say. Undecided

Hmmm, that's very strange. The block payouts are PPLNS, so it would take about an hour to get up to full speed -- however that would only account for ~3% over 24 hours. Please post or PM me your address and the hashrate reported by cgminer so I can look in to it further.

Left for 18 hours and checked again. It is still lower than expected, so I'll keep an eye on it.
My address is18i78kvyuxVrRVufXUTs9qpLbBGmrygqSx.
Hashrate on cg miners for 3 rigs adds up to 10.4 mhz
jack80

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:10:48 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 10:56:12 AM by jack80

How many btc a day with 1300 kh/s ( scrypt ) .

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:49:33 PM

has anyone mining on this pool been affected by the whole client redirect hijacking going through some of the other multipools?

Nothing like that for now..
Mining is not affected.
We have trouble on and off accessing the main page however
Still better than having redirect and got your hash stolen.
meg5000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:40:02 PM

Left for 18 hours and checked again. It is still lower than expected, so I'll keep an eye on it.
My address is18i78kvyuxVrRVufXUTs9qpLbBGmrygqSx.
Hashrate on cg miners for 3 rigs adds up to 10.4 mhz
I have realised I one of the cards has been down on one of my rigs. Think I have sorted it now.
I will stay with you if I possibly can. The way you mine is the future. The old autoswitching pools are damaging the whole cryptocurrency landscape.
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:35:13 PM

I ve been mining for around 8 hours hours and so far the BTC/MHash/Day is ~0.05 not 0.058-0.062+ that is advertised by the website
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:39:29 PM

I think the best thing to do is to see what altcoins other multipools are adding into their switcher. For any switching pool to be effective you have to keep ontop of what new promising altcoins are coming out and add them quickly to your switcher list. For example, trademybit.com does a very good job keeping on top of this if you look at their list -- it contains a lot of recently added scrypt coins. ipominer.com is another one.

At the least you should be adding spaincoin and ecc to your list because they're on the profitability train at the moment. My 2 satoshis.

Also, consider adding a multiport for scrypt adaptive-N coins. Once scrypt asic's start coming out, probably several months or sooner from now, there will likely be a migration to asic resistant coins. trademybit is the only pool I'm aware of that currently offers this. None of the other pools like wafflepool, clevermining, middlecoin etc. have this feature.
We are strongly considering scrypt-n as an option for expansion soon. Stay tuned for news on that, but you should expect more expansion in the scrypt coins first.

We're tracking a lot of altcoins for profitability and we'll be adding a few this weekend. If you have concrete reasoning for a specific coin or two, let us know!
To be frank, the coin must be exchanged on Cryptsy to be worthwhile to mine. Other exchanges just don't have the trade depth or the API to make it worthwhile.

How would you handle the switch between scrypt-n and scrypt? I am unaware of a way for the client to be aware of the pools change in type. If there is... excited...
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

How would you handle the switch between scrypt-n and scrypt? I am unaware of a way for the client to be aware of the pools change in type. If there is... excited...
Scrypt is Scrypt-N (with N=10), so the stratum protocol would simply need to be extended to allow the server to communicate what Scrypt N value to use when hashing a given block.

I've been mining for around 8 hours hours and so far the BTC/MHash/Day is ~0.05 not 0.058-0.062+ that is advertised by the website
Try for longer then 8 hours...  The BTC/MHD published on the site is over the last 24 hours, so it won't be accurate for the last 8 hours.

---

Is CoinShift using some fancy logic to avoid wasting hashing power on Tag?  TAG has some really stupid prevention measures that prevent blocks from occurring 'too' often, based on the time between the last 6 blocks.   So even if you're solving valid blocks, the network will continue to refuse them until that time lock has passed.

---

Any plans to add FlutterCoin (FLT) or SpainCoin (SPA) ?
kreeften

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

what happens on the site?

404 Not Found
--------------------------------------------
nginx/1.1.19

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:47:39 PM

404 Not Found
nginx/1.1.19

good question, site was runing yesterday
Bajawah

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:50:00 PM

404 Not Found
nginx/1.1.19

I think it's getting DDOS attacked.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:52:29 PM

that's alot of attacks today, a big exchange is also getting hit today :

Crypto Rush @TheCryptoRush
We're going into maintenance to attempt to stop this DDoS attack! ETA 30 mins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: