Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:07:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POOL][PROFIT-SHIFT] Coinshift.com, the first profit-shifting multipool  (Read 28669 times)
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 05:19:25 PM

something happened earlier today where my hashrate was cut in half, it appears its only showing my one card and cpu miner hashrate not the second card.  My address is 1YQh5CQWz9eEtVCLxcTHmjqNqrdtTYxZU  Please let me know whats going on.

Sounds like an impossible question to answer from the pool operator's side.  Whenever the pool is almost 100% litecoin or doge, my hashrate is exactly as expected.  For other coins with more variance my effective hashrate drops as much as 5-10%.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 06:45:00 PM

My chart holds steady as far back as I can see it (been mining here awhile).  Just have that 4 hour dip in half for some reason, not a big deal could be a lot of things.  Doesn't hurt to ask though.
bcboy

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 07:44:34 PM

something happened earlier today where my hashrate was cut in half, it appears its only showing my one card and cpu miner hashrate not the second card.  My address is 1YQh5CQWz9eEtVCLxcTHmjqNqrdtTYxZU  Please let me know whats going on.

There's been some hash-redirect attacks on other pools, lately. I don't know if this problem affects coinshift, but it might. If it hasn't already come back online, the first thing I would suggest is restart your miner software, or perhaps the whole computer. That should get your hardware pointed back at coinshift, if it was redirected...
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 07:48:37 PM

Use the latest version of Kalroth's cgminer fork and add this to your config, just in case.

"no-client-reconnect" : true,

>> nope
bcboy

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:16:10 PM

Use the latest version of Kalroth's cgminer fork and add this to your config, just in case.

"no-client-reconnect" : true,

This!

I'm using an nVidia card, so I'm using cpu-miner and cudaminer. Is there an equivalent definition for those? Is it even an issue?
omgbossis21

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 04:17:54 AM

Now that I can see all the chart for the day the hash dips down in a straight line over several hours?
trc

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 09:56:18 AM

Now that I can see all the chart for the day the hash dips down in a straight line over several hours?

Most likely you have something wrong going on with the system. It could be caused by so many things, it's impossible to make any suggestions other than monitoring it closely to find out what it is.

Are your cards cool enough so they don't throttle?
Are you load/balancing with another pool?
What's your ping? Your connection might be dropping.

--
No idea about nvidia versions bcboy.

>> nope
bcboy

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 03:56:14 PM

--

I haven't seen it happen to me yet, and I haven't seen any posts about it by nVidia miners. Maybe its like how there's more viruses for Windows than Mac. Not NEARLY as many people use nVidia for mining as those who use AMD (and therefore cgminer). Target the larger audience, so to speak.

omgbossis21

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Figured it out!  Last night the monitor wouldn't resume after sleep so I checked the connections.  I didn't screw I the dvi plug and the kitten got behind the pc and left the plug barely making a connection lol.   Must of kicked screwed everything for up awhile!
trc

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2014, 01:57:39 AM

--

I haven't seen it happen to me yet, and I haven't seen any posts about it by nVidia miners. Maybe its like how there's more viruses for Windows than Mac. Not NEARLY as many people use nVidia for mining as those who use AMD (and therefore cgminer). Target the larger audience, so to speak.

You'd be spot on if it wasn't a protocol related exploit. It affects even ASICs if the pool is compromised. Smiley

--
omgboss, if you're on Windows 7, disable ULPS so that you won't have to connect a monitor or a dummy plug with resistors attached to keep your GPUs alive. You're lucky them cats didn't cause more damage but keep them away from the rig. lol

>> nope
omgbossis21

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:05:01 AM

The plug that came undone is my primary card for display that I also mine with.  I use the faster card in the second slot, doesn't need dummy plugs or anything.
bcboy

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:05:05 PM

You'd be spot on if it wasn't a protocol related exploit. It affects even ASICs if the pool is compromised. Smiley

--

So, theoretically, I'd have the same risk as the AMD-miners? Thank God for stats pages!
corygto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:12:56 PM

So I just went to check out my payout for today on the coinshift site...it says the payout was made as usual.

However, when I went and checked my wallet, there was no payment made to me :/.

When I click on the tx ID link that takes you to block explorer, it says transaction not found. Clicking on any of the previous tx IDs from different days shows valid transactions on the blockchain.

Anybody else having this problem? I would really like my bitcoin that I earned >:[
GoldMath

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 09:18:14 PM

something happened earlier today where my hashrate was cut in half[...]
Same here, any solution ?
bcboy

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 03:21:10 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 08:47:21 PM by bcboy

something happened earlier today where my hashrate was cut in half[...]
Same here, any solution ?

Um, yes? The solution, apparently, is to not have kittens...

Figured it out!  Last night the monitor wouldn't resume after sleep so I checked the connections.  I didn't screw I the dvi plug and the kitten got behind the pc and left the plug barely making a connection lol.   Must of kicked screwed everything for up awhile!

Good thing you read the whole thread, huh?  Roll Eyes
bcboy

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 12:43:00 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 06:36:46 PM by bcboy

Anybody else notice how last night's work is almost completely unexchanged?

Not that I don't trust him, but it's been a LONG time since I've seen a post by CoinShift. This would be the perfect time to speak up!

[EDIT: The majority of my unexchanged just paid out a few minutes ago. Is this the same sort of thing I saw at Middlecoin, Shift? A manual trade to get the best value? Should we expect to see more of this?]
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:41:53 AM

I think the best thing to do is to see what altcoins other multipools are adding into their switcher. For any switching pool to be effective you have to keep ontop of what new promising altcoins are coming out and add them quickly to your switcher list. For example, trademybit.com does a very good job keeping on top of this if you look at their list -- it contains a lot of recently added scrypt coins. ipominer.com is another one.

At the least you should be adding spaincoin and ecc to your list because they're on the profitability train at the moment. My 2 satoshis.

Also, consider adding a multiport for scrypt adaptive-N coins. Once scrypt asic's start coming out, probably several months or sooner from now, there will likely be a migration to asic resistant coins. trademybit is the only pool I'm aware of that currently offers this. None of the other pools like wafflepool, clevermining, middlecoin etc. have this feature.

I would like to see some of my proposed suggestions implemented. Especially the part on keeping on top of new altcoins released. You can be lazy and just see what ipominer.com is adding as a guideline to save some research effort.
dloganbill

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:00:36 AM

Are the stats not working?  Current balances haven't updated since the last payout.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
punkboy15

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 02:18:25 AM

Are the stats not working?  Current balances haven't updated since the last payout.

X2
AnaSardinha

Activity: 139

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 08:15:18 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 08:32:11 AM by AnaSardinha

I'm new to this so I'm apologising ahead for my noobness but what's going on? Why is it "flat lining"?
Or not updating, don't know what's the best way of describing it, but I've checked as much as I can and there seems to be nothing wrong on my end, it's mining, chugging away and nothing but a straight line...

Edit: I can't honestly be accurate, but because I keep on checking the stats, I think it stopped changing around 3 hours after the last payout?

Razorcoin : RHWYvxwYtymjxWnZLcHumxma84RDUGEUqq
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: