Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:21:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which are the biggest Cryptocurrency ICO scams in 2018?  (Read 281 times)
akshayp (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:29:35 AM

There are lots of ICO doing scam. I would like to know the ICO scammers of 2018. According to research, the following are the various types of ICO scams that users should watch out for:

• Malware scams
  • Fake exchanges
  • Pump and Dump scam
  • Fake Bitcoin scam
  • Earn Free Bitcoin Scam
  • Ponzi schemes
elosi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:21:59 PM

There are lots of ICO doing scam. I would like to know the ICO scammers of 2018. According to research, the following are the various types of ICO scams that users should watch out for:

• Malware scams
  • Fake exchanges
  • Pump and Dump scam
  • Fake Bitcoin scam
  • Earn Free Bitcoin Scam
  • Ponzi schemes

Well I will it is pump and dump, we have witnessed a lot of pump and dump this 2018, most project will enter exchange and the price will go so high and you invest thinking the price moment is for real only to be dumped on, so pump and dump had been the biggest of this year.
coinpedia240

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:48:40 PM

The biggest Cryptocurrency scam of 2018 is Fake exchanges scam according to me. We should pay special attention while choosing an exchange as there are many such scams.
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:02:01 PM

In this year investors are facing lots of pump and dump because most of the project connects with exchange and projects face value will go so high but it will not provide the pure scenario of the project.
Teebass001

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:28:14 PM

For me the greatest of these scams are the lending scams: Bitbase, Bitconnect, Ucoincash etc. These scammers made away with millions of dollars of investor money. Same goes for exchange scams.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token
] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
bitcoinminer566

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

Well, we need to be very careful regarding this ICO projects. The rate of scams in ICO projects are increasing day by day. Before investing on any project, at first do your own research and then make a decision.
blackrain321

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

The pump and dump would be the biggest one so far. A lot of people somehow became an easy target, maybe due to the fact that they are new in the market and at the same time, the market was so volatile that the scammers took this as an opportunity.
crypto-bit456

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:09:31 PM

It is a neck and neck position between the ponzi schemes and the pump and dump. But pump and dump would be one of the biggest scams so far, because a lot of the people, the newbies especially fell prey for it.
graysato

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:11:09 PM

Everyone need to avoid scam projects by analyzing whitepaper properly. If everyone able to avoid scam projects then there will be no problem with scam projects. Expert can help to define the way to define a scam project.
electrobit8024

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:34:24 PM

The possible biggest ICO scam would be the pump and dump. A lot of people fell for it because they were greedy and did not want to incur a loss. As a result, they believed in the pump, but then the moment they were dumped, it was all gone.
garymorgen

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:36:23 PM

There different kind of scam happened in crypto world. It is a big threat here all the scam are caused harm. A lot of scam happened. It need to be solved soon and as we have to be careful.
garymorgen

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:38:42 PM

There different kind of scam happened in crypto world. It is a big threat here all the scam are caused harm. A lot of scam happened. It need to be solved soon and as we have to be careful.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:39:26 PM

I think the biggest fraud experienced is by the ICO, they buy tokens when Presale, PreIco or when the ICO and they are promised the price will be so when entering the exchange but in fact it is not as expected, many tokens fail after the ICO ends and enter the exchange even the price drops far
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 09:41:32 PM

I guess Ian Galina becomes scam. His shilling strategy goes wrong way. Even projects like chromaway that looks also like a scam don't wanna have relations with Ian..

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Uyiosarugue1

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 09:42:23 PM

Talking about biggest scams in 2018,no need to look far, Ponzi schemes were the largest, they were presented as lending coins paying daily from "trading bots". Bitconnect was chief, worth billions of USD at its peak
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:53:44 PM

• Malware scams
  • Fake exchanges
  • Pump and Dump scam
  • Fake Bitcoin scam
  • Earn Free Bitcoin Scam
  • Ponzi schemes

One of the worst has probably been the symmetry fund, but the thing is that even some ICOs that are not really scams do not deliver anything anyway.

Crystalcoin24

Activity: 236

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:02:02 PM

Pump and dump is not really a scam if you ask me. It is rather a way of manipulation and much different from scams. You can easily identify pump and dump cases if you are well aware of the market but in case of other scams there are absolutely no way of identifying them.
donhill

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:05:43 PM

its undountedly negetive side when scams are found in any systems or exchange.Crypto market not above this scams.If it happens repetedly new bies or new investor fall in doubt to invest.as example we can show some  some major scams  i.e paragon,SEELE, ONECOIN etc. So i think caefullness is must.
bond07

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:18:24 PM

Scams are the worst drawback for crypto  industry this industy will be already adopted oficially by most of the nations by this time if there is not this amount of fraud existed. if we study the statics of last few years the results are shocking, many newcomers & investors are afraid to join beacuse of these scams. if we talk about 2018 ICO scams some names will come first as Paragon, Prodeum, PLEXCOIN, SEELE,ONECOIN and much more.
Demonster

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:44:09 PM

Though not really a scam but I think people or media that spreads FOMO and FUD should be listed here too since you have listed pump and dump as a scam. People who spread fear among the market and try to make profit for themselves are the worst kind of scammers according to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: