Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2024, 01:22:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining too slow, am I doing something wrong?  (Read 841 times)
shinaco (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:43:40 AM

Hello everyone, I have a laptop with 12 G ram, 2.4 ghz core i7 and Nvidia gforce gt 650m and Windows 8.1
Tried cgminer, cudaminer, multiminer and guiminer. For setting up each one I specified only the server, user name and password, and did not change anything else.

So far the fastest has been guiminer at 20 mhash/s, which I think is a very bad thing.
Should I expect more? What settings and miner should I use? Or am I trying to empty the sea with a bucket?

Thanks for your help.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:45:13 AM

You are trying to empty the sea with a bucket Smiley
Bitcoin mining is only profitable using ASIC's nowadays.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 01:56:02 AM

Hello everyone, I have a laptop with 12 G ram, 2.4 ghz core i7 and Nvidia gforce gt 650m and Windows 8.1
Tried cgminer, cudaminer, multiminer and guiminer. For setting up each one I specified only the server, user name and password, and did not change anything else.

So far the fastest has been guiminer at 20 mhash/s, which I think is a very bad thing.
Should I expect more? What settings and miner should I use? Or am I trying to empty the sea with a bucket?

Thanks for your help.

Watch the youtube video on mining, mining with a CPU ended a few years ago, GPU mining ended in late 2012.  Now you need what's called an ASIC miner.
http://youtu.be/GmOzih6I1zs

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: