Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is the thread where traders admit to making a net loss.  (Read 2226 times)
CryptoFuture

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Diggit.io Admin

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:00:30 PM

Lost 150 coins when the first silk road was shutdown. Boy did I read that prediction wrong.

Haven't traded since.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
isov

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:02:48 PM

Jesus Christ, that seems like a good omen.

I have believed for some time that Bitcoin is the crypto spawn of Satan.

An NSA project from its beginnings in the mid 90s, to its deployment into the global arena as some kind of libertarian digital money of freedom.

The blue-print for a NWO global digital currency which will be brought in after Bitcoin blows up one day and wipes out hundreds of billions of wealth and impoverishes masses of people who had put their faith in it.

"Hackers! decentralised nature! backed by nothing! save us!"

They will cry.
But if it would be a NSA or whatever official bureau based project or something, shouldn't it be even more bullish? I mean if it would have been such a powerful entity who made it, surely they didn't make it for fun but to really work and maybe be a black hole where to dump some USD when printing is going over the roof etc?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:09:22 PM

An NSA project from its beginnings in the mid 90s, to its deployment into the global arena as some kind of libertarian digital money of freedom.

The blue-print for a NWO global digital currency which will be brought in after Bitcoin blows up one day and wipes out hundreds of billions of wealth and impoverishes masses of people who had put their faith in it.

They will cry.
But if it would be a NSA or whatever official bureau based project or something, shouldn't it be even more bullish? I mean if it would have been such a powerful entity who made it, surely they didn't make it for fun but to really work and maybe be a black hole where to dump some USD when printing is going over the roof etc?

If it were an NSA project, and there is no reason why it wouldn't be as they have been working on this sort of shit for years. Then they don't need to ramp it, they just need to make sure it doesn't fail.....at least not until its job is done.

I hardly think making sure Bitcoin stays buoyant would be beyond the technical means, financial capabilities (could easily be done with net profit overall) of the NSA and or too much an ask of the political will of those responsible for sponsoring such a project.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
isov

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:26:05 PM

They will cry.

If it were an NSA project, and there is no reason why it wouldn't be as they have been working on this sort of shit for years. Then they don't need to ramp it, they just need to make sure it doesn't fail.....at least not until its job is done.

I hardly think making sure Bitcoin stays buoyant would be beyond the technical means, financial capabilities (could easily be done with net profit overall) of the NSA and or too much an ask of the political will of those responsible for sponsoring such a project.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking but like with so big efforts, it would only make sense that they want it to be a BIG thing it should not stop at ATH little over 1000$ for a piece and if not so then we will be all good, lots of gains to make still. Looks quite much like atleast U.S government is setting positions in owning quite much BTC thinking about SR seizures and such, even bigger if you think that Satoshis coins would also actually be belonging to U.S. 
raid_n

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:31:25 PM

They will cry.

It is irrelevant who created bitcoin because the principles governing it and the fact that it is an open source client means that any part of it can be changed. What will be interesting is where zero-knowledge proofs an the like will take cryptos.

I would however quickly subscribe to the theory that the US gov. might have had a hand in the Gox coin loss because it makes much more sense than the NSA creating a cryptocurrency based on encryption that they themselves most likely can't easily break/break at all if implemented properly. The public ledger might help them track the flow of funds but like I said you are basically giving away the blueprint for much stronger versions with more anonymity. On the other hand any government that remotely considers bitcoin to succeed might want to have a large stake in it so it could exert some control over the market.
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:34:47 PM

I have lost a lot of Bitcoins because MtGox gone bankrupt.  Angry
papasmurf

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:34:15 PM

Lost 20% Litecoin holdings in 1 day for being emotional.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:55:37 PM

My havelock investments are a net loss in Bitcoin terms.

LOL, no shit!
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:56:40 PM

I was up by 5 BTC in my trading over the past few months.  Now i'm down by 1000$ overall because of my BTC and fiat loss from gox.
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:09:02 PM

Lost 501 Goxcoins... Cheers Mark!  Smiley
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:51:55 PM

I sent 1 BTC to Bitstamp and played with it. I was up to 1.05 BTC, then managed to turn it into 0.9 BTC.

I found the experience (even though it was only a couple of % of my BTC) to be more stress than I cared for. I am sure that I would get better with time and research, but I have decided that my temperament is much better for just HODLing.

hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

i lost more than 1k dollars on bitcoin bought on 1150 dollars... But i am experience now. Always winning.
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:13:03 PM

I have a net loss...of fucks given!

The only bad BTC purchase I ever made was in December, around the time of that bubble. Bought 2 @ ~$1,000 each. Although technically I haven't lost anything because I haven't sold 'em yet :p

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:59:53 PM

Well, I bragged when I made profits earlier this year, so it seems fair to own up to the losses as well. Bought back in earlier today at a loss compared to the preceding trade pairs, to the tune of -61 BTC. Some Days You Eat the Bear... and so on.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
johnny211

Activity: 170
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:13:06 PM

Had my biggest day ever, hit reverse @ 620 and erased it all.. oh man the pain...
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:23:30 PM

I have a net loss...of fucks given!  Tongue

Those who have a net loss from trading won't be around long enough to post. They will lose it all or pull out when they realize they can't trade. Few will take the time to learn what they are doing wrong and fix it.
Net losses are nothing unusual and nothing to beat yourself up over. Everyone takes net losses sometimes, esp in a market as unpredictable as this one. So shove your "either you got it or you don't" bs up your ass.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:59:14 PM

I have a net loss...of fucks given!  Tongue

Those who have a net loss from trading won't be around long enough to post. They will lose it all or pull out when they realize they can't trade. Few will take the time to learn what they are doing wrong and fix it.
Net losses are nothing unusual and nothing to beat yourself up over. Everyone takes net losses sometimes, esp in a market as unpredictable as this one. So shove your "either you got it or you don't" bs up your ass.

Aww! Tell me how you really feel!  Kiss
Is there something else you want to tell us? Maybe that you missed the train today, or that you didn't get out above your buy-in price?

I didn't say "either you got it or you don't". You did. I just said those who can't aren't going to continually pump money in if they keep losing it, ergo they won't be around long enough. That said, trading is not for everyone. Either you got it or you don't Tongue If you don't, take your coins around back to the HODLers corral.

I also agreed with someone else who said all traders take losses on occasion. It is indeed normal. But that isn't the same thing as a net loss. A net loss is when your losses are greater than your gains, in which case, you can only hang for so long until you're out of money. Some take the time and have the observational skills to figure out what they are doing wrong and fix it.
Bitcoin BEAR

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:03:20 PM

That's gold! Cheesy
I feel those eyes scorching me
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: