Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:07:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark talking to anarchystar  (Read 4060 times)
TheFootMan (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:17:33 AM

Not sure if this is legit - but if it is, it is quite interesting. I will paste everything here:

11:56:05 <anarchystar> i saw the statement, my condolences.. i am still interested to talk
12:28:17 <MagicalTux> [19:56:04] <anarchystar> i saw the statement, my condolences.. i am still interested to talk <- I guess so, if I didn't care I would have just closed everything as chapter 7 bankruptcy
17:09:20 <anarchystar> http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1z6qws/open_letter_to_mark_karpeles_and_the_bitcoin/
Sunday, March 2nd, 2014
11:58:38 <anarchystar> let me know when you can talk about that open letter where debtholders become shareholders
11:58:50 <anarchystar> i represent over 1000 plaintiffs meanwhile
11:59:22 <anarchystar> we are interested in getting ownership of the exchange, but we dont want you to be the CEO.. just help with the transition
14:19:06 <MagicalTux> [19:59:22] <anarchystar> we are interested in getting ownership of the exchange, but we dont want you to be the CEO.. just help with the transition <- already got quite a few candidates lined up by the potential new owners
14:20:35 <anarchystar> what do you mean with potential new owners?
14:26:50 <MagicalTux> [22:20:34] <anarchystar> what do you mean with potential new owners? <- we've been in discussion for more than a week with different investors willing to buy mtgox and cover the missing funds
14:43:33 <anarchystar> yes ive heard that, but how concrete is this?
14:45:03 <anarchystar> also, why dont you offer me the chance to invest?
14:46:33 <anarchystar> i think its time you start talking
14:48:55 <MagicalTux> well, maybe the fact that you had guys following me and my staff outside our office could be part of the reason why we didn't include you in the recovery process ?
14:49:44 <anarchystar> we talked about that before, my lawyer took the initiative to try to contact you
14:49:56 <anarchystar> i think youre exagerating how far they went in that attempt
14:50:38 <anarchystar> also, the fact you lied to me about AML and 5 million, which made me loose even more by forcing me to buy back in, could also be debated
14:50:50 <anarchystar> we can go on talking about what happened or we can find solutions
14:51:15 <MagicalTux> well
14:51:33 <MagicalTux> either way right now anyone who wishes to take over is subject to the approval of the trustee in charge
14:51:42 <MagicalTux> I can give you their contact so you can have your japanese counsil converse with them
14:51:50 <anarchystar> yes please do so
14:52:06 <MagicalTux> if the trustee gives its approval for a plan you put together then it should be fine
14:52:39 <MagicalTux> note that the process we are in right now also allows us to start a process where everyone's debt is converted to share holding of the company, however this requires approval of at least half of the customers (around 500k people)
14:53:48 <MagicalTux> do you have any email I could send the list to ?
14:53:57 <anarchystar> olivier@destiny.com
14:54:56 <MagicalTux> sent
15:03:53 <anarchystar> got it
15:08:12 <anarchystar> i would also like to know why you didnt include the bitcoin in the debt the company has
15:08:48 <MagicalTux> [23:08:12] <anarchystar> i would also like to know why you didnt include the bitcoin in the debt the company has <- we want to try to get the court to accept bitcoin to be refunded as bitcoin, instead of converting it all to yen
15:09:00 <MagicalTux> because it would be more fair to the customers
15:14:13 <anarchystar> i will get back on this
15:14:27 <anarchystar> the first thing we will request through the court is a detailed explanation of how the 800k btc got lost
15:14:41 <anarchystar> you can save a lot of time by giving it now
15:22:17 <anarchystar> you have to realise its game over for you, you are done and burned (actually you are charcoaled) - so the best thing you can do at this point is assist in being completely transparant and help us make the best of this - number 1 being explaining to everyone how these coins got lost so the community can decide the best course of action
15:23:14 <anarchystar> we can be very fair to you depending how you handle this
23:20:59 <MagicalTux> actually
23:21:48 <MagicalTux> I'm providing details to the law enforcement, saying anything publicly could cause problems with the investigation
23:24:03 <anarchystar> i highly doubt that if they were stolen through a bug
23:24:21 <anarchystar> the community has much more tech knowledge to trace whoever did this
23:24:38 <anarchystar> than law enf will have in 100 years
23:26:05 <anarchystar> i think youre using it as an excuse not to say anything
23:33:39 <anarchystar> you made 10000's of people loose over 500 million usd, if you think this is the end of it you are mistaken, we will get to the bottom of this - you can come clean, help out and save face - or we will find out anyway - i would just stop hiding the truth if i were you, makes everything much easier
23:35:36 <MagicalTux> we are not at liberty to discuss details with anyone else than law enforcement
23:36:06 <MagicalTux> unless you want to see the investigation fail, of course
23:36:30 <anarchystar> ok, if thats the way you want to play if (same thing as the past 3 years), so be it
23:36:42 <anarchystar> im not falling anymore for that method
23:37:38 <anarchystar> trying to blame on others and making people docile by your last sentence
23:37:48 <anarchystar> pretty obvious now
23:38:40 <anarchystar> we will be filing today
23:38:58 <anarchystar> no other way if you continue like this
23:43:54 <MagicalTux> do you even understand what a police investigation is?
23:44:08 <MagicalTux> only the police can disclose elements they deem safe to be disclosed
23:44:22 <anarchystar> funny
23:44:32 <anarchystar> do you understand what fraud is?
23:45:23 <MagicalTux> I do, yes
23:45:53 <MagicalTux> I do not not see however what this has to do with me giving or not giving you confidential details on the investigation in progress
23:46:21 <anarchystar> try explaining to the judge how you failed to report 500

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Definit

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:36:45 AM

read only a few lines from only him...

and i gotta say...

fake.
bitvestor

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:20:36 PM

well, got bored while reading, then left this comment!
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:29:45 PM

14:52:39 <MagicalTux> note that the process we are in right now also allows us to start a process where everyone's debt is converted to share holding of the company, however this requires approval of at least half of the customers (around 500k people)

This has the signature of the official bail-in plans published by the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the EU, etc..

Starting to see pattern here, as I suspected as to who is really in control right now.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
TheFootMan (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

This has the signature of the official bail-in plans published by the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the EU, etc..

Could you elaborate on this?
renfr

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

Starting to see pattern here, as I suspected as to who is really in control right now.
What do you mean? The USG is in control of gox?

BTCBTC Defeat jihad, support Israel against terror - כל הכבוד לצה"ל BTCBTC
End the FED, end the fractional reserve banking, support Ron Paul.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:58:14 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 03:05:09 AM by repentance

You do realise that the laws regarding how various types of insolvency proceed and how creditors can take swap debt for equity existed long before Bitcoin and Bitcoin exchanges?

And yeah, it is quite typical for specific information related to criminal investigations to be with-held unless law enforcement believes that disclosing it prior to charges being laid would assist their investigation.

Frankly, if I was Mark I wouldn't even talk to people like anarchystar.  No creditor or group of creditors is entitled to an advantage over other creditors of the same class and trying to subvert the insolvency process can lead to the claims of such people being subordinated. Veiled threats should be brought to the attention of those supervising the insolvency process - the people making them aren't doing so for the benefit of all creditors, only themselves.

Also, this link from reddit suggests that anarchystar is behind mtgoxrecovery.com (who've repeatedly refused to disclose who is behind them), a BF forum thread promoting them was made by Olivier Jenssens although yet again no information was forthcoming about who was behind them and their broader intentions.

pastebin.com/1M0Qn59u

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
KCBitcoin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:07:52 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 07:30:29 AM by KCBitcoin

This looks highly legit.

Reason #1:
Anarchystar is known as Olivier Janssens(Source), who is an active member of the Bitcoin Foundation from Belgium.
Since Mark and Olivier are both active in Bitcoin Foundation, they should have known each other.
Therefore, Olivier is not a random stranger to Mark, and he is the one who has a high probability that Mark will talk to when encountered.

Reason #2:
By looking at the time stamp Mark quoted Olivier's conversation for replying, there always appears to be a time difference between the quoted text and the original original text.
We can see that Mark's time stamp is always 8 hours ahead of Olivier's, which concurs with the time-zone difference between Japan(UTC +9) and Belgium(UTC +1)

The only thing we cannot insure is if the details of the conversation have been altered/tailored.
But this is some really valuable information you posted here. Thank you for your post.

One last thing, can you post the rest of the conversation here plz? Cuz I see the conversation ended with a incomplete sentence of Olivier's.
BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:29:56 AM

23:45:53 <MagicalTux> I do not not see however what this has to do with me giving or not giving you confidential details on the investigation in

progress
    23:46:21 <anarchystar> try explaining to the judge how you failed to report 500 million in bitcoins
btc237ftw

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:30:12 AM

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Maybe
KCBitcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:33:13 AM

23:45:53 <MagicalTux> I do not not see however what this has to do with me giving or not giving you confidential details on the investigation in

progress
    23:46:21 <anarchystar> try explaining to the judge how you failed to report 500 million in bitcoins
where do we go and find chat logs like this?
btc237ftw

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:34:30 AM

14:26:50 <MagicalTux> [22:20:34] <anarchystar> what do you mean with potential new owners? <- we've been in discussion for more than a week with different investors willing to buy mtgox and cover the missing funds
14:43:33 <anarchystar> yes ive heard that, but how concrete is this?

That's the part that caught my eyes
Aditya

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:41:03 AM

Yes, it's legit.

I confirmed it with anarchystar (Olivier Janssens) yesterday.

ATLAS.WORK     ║   WHITEPAPER  •  BOUNTIES  •  TELEGRAM     ║     JOIN THE FREELANCE REVOLUTION
njcarlos

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:41:48 AM

More bullshit from the bullshit artist.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:44:38 AM

If that is real it's not boring.

BITCOIN-PIZZA-DAY

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:53:53 AM

progress
where do we go and find chat logs like this?

IRC freenode
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:05:15 AM

Haha, "do you understand law enforcement"?

So, he is a pawn of law enforcement, allowing them to run the deposit window.  They are going after the SR bad guy(s) ostensibly.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:08:16 AM

Also, this link from reddit suggests that anarchystar is behind mtgoxrecovery.com (who've repeatedly refused to disclose who is behind them), a BF forum thread promoting them was made by Olivier Jenssens although yet again no information was forthcoming about who was behind them and their broader intentions.

pastebin.com/1M0Qn59u

Yes i would like Oliver Jenssens to disclose what law firm he is working with & he hasn't even after many have asked.  Whoever takes over gox must be legit i dont wanna be goxed anymore

so everyone knows....  Oliver jenssens = anarchystar = mtgoxrecovery.com

itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:13:02 AM

Just like the bank bailins, you will get "shares"

Once the FBI figures out how to steal more crypto --oops they already know how.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
Slab Squathrust

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:27:34 AM

This looks highly legit.

Reason #1:
Anarchystar is known as Olivier Janssens(Source), who is an active member of the Bitcoin Foundation from Belgium.
Since Mark and Olivier are both active in Bitcoin Foundation, they should have known each other.
Therefore, Olivier is not a random stranger to Mark, and he is the one who has a high probability that Mark will talk to when encountered.

I wonder if am I the only one here who does not like the thought of another member of the bitcoin foundation taking over Gox.  From, this whole debacle, it was clear to me that they were perfectly willing to circle the wagons and protect another member, until the problem was literally at catastrophic proportions.  All this occurred at the expense of the greater bitcoin community as a whole because of the damage this collapse did to the public perception of bitcoin.  Even more concerning to me would be the potential for this Oliver Janssens getting preferential treatment or being named to a position of power in the new entity by leveraging the collective debt of mtgoxrecovery.  

While the idea of an outside investor buying up the company and making everyone whole is awesome, I know not to get my hopes up.  However, there is definitely value in having access to Mt. Gox's client base.  It has been around for a long time and if the new owner could demonstrate solvency through independent audits and builds a more modern platform than the previous site, it could easily become a major player.  While some people may not return simply based on the name, if the new Gox offers the best game in town, most people will not pass it up.  After all, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.      
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: