Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out the Bitcoin Foundation Scam.  (Read 22506 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

+1 to OP, especially about the lack of any financial reports from the Foundation. You took in how many bitcoins, you did what with them? And now, without telling anybody that, you expect us to just keep giving you more bitcoins to feed the black hole? WTF?

If you need an example of what a financial report looks like (and wow, one every month!), you could just ask MPOE-PR to show you.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:46:14 PM

Ripple is the best alt-coin right now since it's based on other assets than itself (the users add the intrinsic value).
Don't make me laugh dude. Ripple is a bigger joke then dogecoin if you ask me.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:46:44 PM

OP brings up very good points and quite frankly MPOE-PR and co's track records are beginning to speak for themselves.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:48:03 PM

hmmm,

So if one doesn't want to drink their koolaid then what are the alternatives?

1. Use/promote an altcoin. Nxt? Etherium? or 1000 other alts?

2. Create a non bitcoin foundation client and convince the majority of miners to accept. (take back bitcoin movement)

Can bitcoin be saved? or has the brand bitcoin been forever tainted and coerced? Has Gavin accepted the decentralized bitcoin jesus spirit into his heart?

I think personally that the wink twins are right about the $400 billion ish crypto market cap but I'm feeling that that number will be a total of all of the different crypto coins. One of them will eventually overtake bitcoin by offering such revolutionary ideas as decentralized, no transaction fees, and gasp, anonymousness.

The relation between the Bitcoin scamfoundation and Bitcoin is roughly the relation between the Westboro Baptist Church and email.

Bitcoin is and will continue to be fine. Alt coins are and will remain a play thing. These are decided by the people who matter, and the people who matter aren't either the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" altcoins nor the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" foundations, conferences, articles and assorted bullshit. Get your hierarchy straight.

Ok, just so I can understand your points. You are saying the bitcoin foundation is a scam and bitcoin will have no problem thriving without them.

However, it seems to me we are stuck with them and their decisions at this point. Do we as a community not need gavin? If the bitcoin foundation is scammy then are they already to powerful? What if anything can be done? Is there any course of action or should we just file this info as interesting and go about our business and check back in a few years.
Just curious?

Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

OP brings up very good points and quite frankly their track record is beginning to speak for itself.

The track record of MPOE-PR (good) and also the track record of the Bitcoin Foundation (bad).

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:54:59 PM

I hate the foundation... Its filled with early adopter scamers who I'm sure will end up in jail at some point or another like Charlie did.

I bet some of the founding members were even on SR and we know that investigation will be ongoing for years to come.

We need new money investors on the foundation.

Circle, Winklevos ect....

If you hate the foundation you shouldn't want Winklevii etc. on the board but the foundation thrown into the dustbin of history. Roll Eyes
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:56:22 PM

I hate the foundation... Its filled with early adopter scamers who I'm sure will end up in jail at some point or another like Charlie did.

I bet some of the founding members were even on SR and we know that investigation will be ongoing for years to come.

We need new money investors on the foundation.

Circle, Winklevos ect....

If you hate the foundation you shouldn't want Winklevii etc. on the board but the foundation thrown into the dustbin of history. Roll Eyes

I think they would be good. They are as far as I can tell, legit.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:56:50 PM

hmmm,

2. Create a non bitcoin foundation client and convince the majority of miners to accept. (take back bitcoin movement)

Can bitcoin be saved? or has the brand bitcoin been forever tainted and coerced? Has Gavin accepted the decentralized bitcoin jesus spirit into his heart?

I think personally that the wink twins are right about the $400 billion ish crypto market cap but I'm feeling that that number will be a total of all of the different crypto coins. One of them will eventually overtake bitcoin by offering such revolutionary ideas as decentralized, no transaction fees, and gasp, anonymousness.

The relation between the Bitcoin scamfoundation and Bitcoin is roughly the relation between the Westboro Baptist Church and email.

Bitcoin is and will continue to be fine. Alt coins are and will remain a play thing. These are decided by the people who matter, and the people who matter aren't either the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" altcoins nor the derps vying for the spotlight "doing" foundations, conferences, articles and assorted bullshit. Get your hierarchy straight.

Ok, just so I can understand your points. You are saying the bitcoin foundation is a scam and bitcoin will have no problem thriving without them.

However, it seems to me we are stuck with them and their decisions at this point. Do we as a community not need gavin? If the bitcoin foundation is scammy then are they already to powerful? What if anything can be done? Is there any course of action or should we just file this info as interesting and go about our business and check back in a few years.
Just curious?

The so called Bitcoin Foundation gives Gavin money but I doubt he would destroy bitcoin for money.
For me the most important thing here is that people stop giving the Bitcoin Foundation more money. There is absolutely no need for a good Bitcoin Foundation to hoard the money "for us". If they do the right thing, we will give them our money at the right time, not upfront.

If they are scammers: To the dustbin of history with them but not with the money they scammed out of people.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:01:29 PM

The so called Bitcoin Foundation gives Gavin money but I doubt he would destroy bitcoin for money.

If Gavin is essential for Bitcoin's survival there is something seriously wrong with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_factor
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:06:57 PM

i agree the bitcoin foundation at best are absolutely useless and at worst promote bad players at the cost of the average joe. I used to drop a little donation to them here and there (not so little given today's prices) but have stopped and wish could get my money back.

They should have removed gox from the gold list a long time ago and mark karpele from the board, add insult to injury, they acted all surprised when gox revealed they were insolvent when majority of the people in the community already knew.

They have done little to promote bitcoins, when is the last event or promotion they did? what have they done to protect the average bitcoin users from all the scams including gox? How about encourage core development on bitcoin(d) itself?  Nothing

The whole organization is a waste of a domain name and oxygen.

I will not be supporting nor donating to them any further.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:10:05 PM

hmmm,

Just curious?

1. The Bitcoin Foundation has no power, only a voice. ...Even that is being snuffed out like the Boy Who Cried Wolf... Only the boy is a wolf, and the "community", it's sheep.

2. Bitcoin does not need Gavin (nor Hearn, etc), it merely suffers them while it determines whether they can separate their heads from their asses.

3. "We" (well, you, and the Foundation) are not an actual "community" in the way you perceive it to be. There's no common cause between a sheep and a wolf.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:19:18 PM

Yeah, what a scam to take peoples membership money and use it to organize conferences, lobby regulators, provide a resource for business and the press, to provide a space to coordinate the volunteer efforts of dozens of people who actually do something. Wow such scam! Only a doggy based coin could save us now.  Roll Eyes
Actually this is what makes the scam more perfect. You're covering it up by 'using' money for this, while you're actually taking more for yourself.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bitcyclenet

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:21:04 PM

wow.. didn't realize that until now..
I thought they were legit -.-
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:21:53 PM

i've had a light bulb moment.
everyone should donate me some bitcoin, then i'll go to the pub and tell folk about bitcoin, using donations to buy the most expensive whisky at the bar, i'll get so drunk, everyone will know about bitcoin.

The Raskul Foundation  Cool

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:23:43 PM

hmmm,

Just curious?

1. The Bitcoin Foundation has no power, only a voice. ...Even that is being snuffed out like the Boy Who Cried Wolf... Only the boy is a wolf, and the "community", it's sheep.

2. Bitcoin does not need Gavin (nor Hearn, etc), it merely suffers them while it determines whether they can separate their heads from their asses.

3. "We" (well, you, and the Foundation) are not an actual "community" in the way you perceive it to be. There's no common cause between a sheep and a wolf.

to clarify...
"we" as in users of bitcoin.

ok, I give up. I don't have enough posts under my belt to shoot the shit with you big boys. I'll check back in a few years. Hopefully yall have figured this out by then.
gollum

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

In Hashrate We Trust!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:30:38 PM

If the rats leave the bitcoin ship the foundation can have fun with their playmoney.
We start a new bitcoin 2.0 with no premining (im not talking about an alt-coin, but an exact copy of bitcoin)
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

If the rats leave the bitcoin ship the foundation can have fun with their playmoney.
We start a new bitcoin 2.0 with no premining (im not talking about an alt-coin, but an exact copy of bitcoin)

lol good luck with that...

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:01:38 PM

+1

From the first time they have no meaning to exist, bitcoin is protected by itself.

Why is not the foundation investigating the gox fraud?
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Yeah, what a scam to take peoples membership money and use it to organize conferences, lobby regulators, provide a resource for business and the press, to provide a space to coordinate the volunteer efforts of dozens of people who actually do something. Wow such scam! Only a doggy based coin could save us now.  Roll Eyes
Actually this is what makes the scam more perfect. You're covering it up by 'using' money for this, while you're actually taking more for yourself.

Oh I am? That's quite a surprise, but I'll take it. Where do I pick up my share of the scam money?
So let's break down your statement and associated premises.

1. There is a grand scam. But you can't explain it because it is so....?
2. There is a coverup. The proof of the coverup is the denial of the grand scam.
3. I'm involved and taking the money for myself.  What money, I have no clue?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:07:21 PM

Oh I am? That's quite a surprise, but I'll take it. Where do I pick up my share of the scam money?
So let's break down your statement and associated premises.

1. There is a grand scam. But you can't explain it because it is so....?
2. There is a coverup. The proof of the coverup is the denial of the grand scam.
3. I'm involved and taking the money for myself.  What money, I have no clue?

Sorry, not you  Cheesy (badly written sentence).
Let's say the CEO of TBF is covering it up...

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: