Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:28:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out the Bitcoin Foundation Scam.  (Read 22506 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

I haven't seen anyone point out that the Bitcoin Foundation pays Gavin's salary, so that he can focus on developing the Bitcoin protocol.
How much protocol development has happened in the last year?
Nobody ever did have an answer to this question, did they?

You want protocol development, go work on it yourself, you selfish bastard. This is an open source project, contribute yourself. Why do you think you get to dictate what sort of work the Almighty Bitcoin Foundation does. /TBF

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:14:25 PM

Well, you guys know people with Bitcoins, right? Pay some hackers to expose them.   Wink

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

I haven't seen anyone point out that the Bitcoin Foundation pays Gavin's salary, so that he can focus on developing the Bitcoin protocol.
How much protocol development has happened in the last year?
Nobody ever did have an answer to this question, did they?

Gavin was probably too busy counting the BTC he easymined, after that Avalon was dropped in his lap. Wink

60+ ghash + 3M BTC diff = Huh

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:35:47 PM

You want protocol development, go work on it yourself, you selfish bastard. This is an open source project, contribute yourself.
I've have been for nearly a year now, or rather I've been directly supporting someone who is working on it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=93606.msg2325555#msg2325555

Why do you think you get to dictate what sort of work the Almighty Bitcoin Foundation does.
Provide a direct quote where I did that or GTFO.

I never demanded that anyone do anything. All I've done is ask for the people defending the foundation by saying "the foundation pays Gavin so he can work on protocol development" provide some evidence to back up their claims.

All I've received in return to these queries is diversions and verbal abuse.
Peter Lambert

Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:15:27 PM

You want protocol development, go work on it yourself, you selfish bastard. This is an open source project, contribute yourself.
I've have been for nearly a year now, or rather I've been directly supporting someone who is working on it.

Why do you think you get to dictate what sort of work the Almighty Bitcoin Foundation does.

I never demanded that anyone do anything. All I've done is ask for the people defending the foundation by saying "the foundation pays Gavin so he can work on protocol development" provide some evidence to back up their claims.

You missed the sarcasm mark at the end of my post ... I quite agree with what you wrote.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:21:08 PM

You missed the sarcasm mark at the end of my post ... I quite agree with what you wrote.
Sorry about that. In that case consider my reply as directed, not at you, but at the people who wouldn't have been sarcastic.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

I must admit.
I have never heard of this Bitcoin Foundation before this post.

What is it that they do exactly?

Have a look. The OP isn't well respected, so take no notice.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/forum/index.php?/topic/752-the-good-and-useful-things-the-foundation-has-done-for-us-members-compiled-by-dr-brian-goss/

Nice try, sidestepping the actual issues (such as you know, accounting fraud, tortious misrepresentation and quite possibly false pretenses, quite definitely embezzlement and a myriad other civil and criminal violations) by failful personal attacks (nobody heard of you, I'm easily on any list of respectable voices on this forum, buzz off) and a laundry list of...nonsense. Conferences don't count, and there's literally nothing else on that list.

Now go tell your puppet masters that a) you failed miserably and b) they'll need much much better damage control. Ideally, they'll need some lawyers. Preferably someone with an actual clue (which excludes Murck, he's the ninny that got them in their present muck).

Oh, and since two can play that game, "Dr." Brian Goss (a freshly failed medical student in Chicago interviewing for residency training in radiology): here's your old page, from back when you were pushing the mywallet scam...

For the noobs, mywallet was one of the first huge BTC thefts from a "hack"

Wow...

Lol...you must be new. I wrote an iPhone app called mybitcoin...and I'm in my final year of residency Smiley

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 08:37:23 PM

I think its time for action i had enough, enough is enough. The foundation must be destroyed.

IF we for example setup a new bitcoin superfund, MP can possibly head this fund which will result in the creation of a new foundation with core values such as :

- rapid and ongoing bitcoin software development
- Focus on marketing and promotion of bitcoin
- Lobbying Governments
- Providing educational services for the public & business
- Transparency (financial accounts must be audited)

Would the community support such an idea/ would MP like to head such an initiative? (atleast until we can vote in a learship board ?)

i think it's time for action and would love to come together as a community.

Destroyed? Seems a little harsh Smiley

That said, nobody has a patent on organizing people to pool resources around a common interest. Similarly, the Bitcoin Foundation has no monopoly. My belief is that the more groups pooling resources to help _all_ aspects of the community become stronger is a good thing. To state that the Foundation doesn't represent everyone or every interest is to state the obvious.

The more we band together (be it here or elsewhere) the stronger we can make Bitcoin. 

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:58:24 PM

I think its time for action i had enough, enough is enough. The foundation must be destroyed.

IF we for example setup a new bitcoin superfund, MP can possibly head this fund which will result in the creation of a new foundation with core values such as :

- rapid and ongoing bitcoin software development
- Focus on marketing and promotion of bitcoin
- Lobbying Governments
- Providing educational services for the public & business
- Transparency (financial accounts must be audited)

Would the community support such an idea/ would MP like to head such an initiative? (atleast until we can vote in a learship board ?)

i think it's time for action and would love to come together as a community.

I also think you should do this. The BF is an organization supporting the spread of bitcoin. it is not the organization.
You will be doing mostly the same thing that the BF does, except for "rapid bitcoin software development". I suppose that means you are also starting another client project, or a fork to another coin?
Your team will need:
-Lawyers
-Experienced professional lobbyists
-Business professionals (min. MBA +5 years as CEO or owner)
-Professional educators / presenters / curriculum writers 
-Professional auditors and tax preparers who understand crypto
-If you are writing code then programmers / project managers / a beta team / etc.?

It will be a lot of work and cost a lot of money, but so does anything good. I say do it!

P.S. This is not going to destroy the BF.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:03:34 PM

I think anything anyone can do to help strengthen a group of dedicated Bitcoin users is a good thing.

There is nothing to gain by tearing people down (falsely at least!) or inventing reasons to hate stuff. It's far better if we support new initiatives and defend their right to exist.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:06:59 PM

Gavin was probably too busy counting the BTC he easymined, after that Avalon was dropped in his lap. Wink

60+ ghash + 3M BTC diff = Huh
About 6000$ a day.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Merit: 522

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:08:21 PM

I think he was ironically recounting the "discussion" forum fucktards presented the last time the topic of bitcoin devs being retarded came up.

You know, the same forum fucktards that are the reason why Bitcoin finance makes baby steps. Well...same. Different bodies, same brain.

Lol...you must be new. I wrote an iPhone app called mybitcoin...and I'm in my final year of residency Smiley

It's not as much that "I'm new", shillyboy. It's that you're stupid.

Now re-read my post with your reading comprehension hat on.

Then perhaps go exchange notes with the legion of other numerous shills that thought it a good idea to herp at me, historically. Hint: it didn't work out for them.

Stay in school.

The more we band together (be it here or elsewhere) the stronger we can make Bitcoin

The more your ilk bands together, the shittier anything around you becomes.

Ideally you'll soon find some altcoin or something like all other idiots.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:12:21 PM

I think he was ironically recounting the "discussion" forum fucktards presented last time, the first time the topic of bitcoin devs being retarded came up.

You know, the same forum fucktards that are the reason why Bitcoin finance makes baby steps. Well...same. Different bodies, same brain.

It's not as much that "I'm new", shillyboy. It's that you're stupid.

Now re-read my post with your reading comprehension hat on.

Then perhaps go exchange notes with the legion of other numerous shills that thought it a good idea to herp at me, historically. Hint: it didn't work out for them.

Stay in school.

The more we band together (be it here or elsewhere) the stronger we can make Bitcoin

The more your ilk bands together, the shittier anything around you becomes.

Ideally you'll soon find some altcoin or something like all other idiots.

You have a strange way of linking assumptions together. But if you are seriously interested in getting to know me (I'm not anonymous), give me a call.

MPOE-PR (OP)

Merit: 522

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:15:53 PM

You have a strange way of linking assumptions together. But if you are seriously interested in getting to know me (I'm not anonymous), give me a call.

Yeah dude, you're so rare and valuable that I'm going to be giving you calls. I rarely get to meet any geeky boys in college otherwise.

They must be putting something in your water, seriously now.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Mike@Coinswag

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:17:10 PM

Just start a new one.  Call yourselves "the official foundation", register a domain and go.

I thought the same thing, and yesterday I posted this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498644.msg5487692#msg5487692
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:17:43 PM

Yeah dude, you're so rare and valuable that I'm going to be giving you calls. I rarely get to meet any geeky boys in college otherwise.

They must be putting something in your water, seriously now.

Aren't you a guy with a female avatar? That discussion was a long time ago and I think when I first put you on ignore.

Mike@Coinswag

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:36:49 PM

I am looking for like-minded individuals to help form a new foundation, one that has emphasis on growing adoption in local communities while maintaining a broad link to macro policies.

If you think you would like to be a part of such an organiation, read this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498644.msg5487692#msg5487692

Edit: I have reserved the domains localbitcoinfoundation.org and .com
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:33:11 PM

Undoing the ignore long enough to skim this post was just not a wise move on my part...
There's no need to unblock MPOE unless he departs from the usual stupid drivel, which is never. I wouldn't be surprised if his character assassinations were red herrings, some drama to draw attention away from his own questionable business.

Twas my mistake indeed. I hope he's not taking advantage of too many newbies.

eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:39:04 PM

Ripple is the best alt-coin right now since it's based on other assets than itself (the users add the intrinsic value).

Kinda like how the US dollar is based on other assets than itself (the Fed adds the intrinsic value)?

Ripple is a scam.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 10:41:16 PM

Do we as a community not need gavin?

We as a community do not need any one individual.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: