Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:13:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't pay! Ultimate Crypto-Server Installer Script setup your pool in minutes!  (Read 5186 times)
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 344
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2019, 05:22:26 PM

yes you can
zoneterror

Activity: 164
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:19:55 AM

Problem at the beginning of the installation.

Typing "multipool" doenst do anything ... it's a folder ! Your script doenst work, but ty for the effort.
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:29:04 AM

I did EXACTLY as explained in the tutorial and it fails at the beginning, i was able to make it run by avoiding the first script that is supposed to give special access to the newuser created. But it didnt, so i made it with :
adduser newuser
adduser newuser sudo
su - newuser

and it worked. but i'm stuck now at the installation of Daemon server, it doenst work when i click on it and make me go back on the root access ....
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 03:36:07 AM

Typing "multipool" doenst do anything ... it's a folder ! Your script doenst work, but ty for the effort.

you need to follow the instructions. You need to have a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server. You need to download and run curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/master/bootstrap.sh | bash

as root, so if you are logged in as a user you need to sudo su -l to drop to the root command line. You need to create a new user through the script. After creating the new user, you need to reboot the machine and log back in as the new user, and then you can run multipool.
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 03:43:40 AM

you need to follow the instructions. You need to have a fresh ubuntu 16.04 server. You need to download and run curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/master/bootstrap.sh | bash

as root, so if you are logged in as a user you need to sudo su -l to drop to the root command line. You need to create a new user through the script. After creating the new user, you need to reboot the machine and log back in as the new user, and then you can run multipool.

I did.... but multipool is a folder, typing "multipool" doenst do nothing ! .. something wrong with your scrypt
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:01:12 AM

Well, too bad anyway then, i guess nobody will really ever answer at that issue. I guess i'll just wait until something really works on Ubuntu. I'm tired of that shit, it never works like it is supposed to be.
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 04:05:29 AM

first off i would remove your post with your server information. if you need help join our discord server.
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:21:34 AM

first off i would remove your post with your server information. if you need help join our discord server.

cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 04:28:45 AM

sent you a pm
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 04:31:53 AM

And anyway after i managed to make it work by going myself into cd Multi-Pool-Installer and bash bootstrap.sh and install the yiimp solo server, it fails at the Daemon server installation, after clicking on
"install Berkeley 4.x"

After selecting it (same thing for 5.x) it forces me go back to the root access ( i mean newuser access), same as if  i typed "cd" to go back to the main home access ... But in the video, it does work ...

I'll keep posting solutions for the people who meets the same errors than me
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 05:36:36 AM

quick made new install video for single server. Script works just fine.

http://youtu.be/zwEUZlbPGnY?hd=1
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 01:57:05 PM

NO it doesnt work correctly, you have to mention that people needs to avoid typing special characters in their chosen password.

zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:36:09 PM

Errors on the daemon installation :

I opened the specific port for RPC port of the daemon, with the command sudo ufw allow portnumber

i even rebooted server just in case, also reloaded ufw, tried also disabled it and enabled it back, then reboot server again.

Also i even tried to open ALL ports for tcp and udp, that doenst change anything, always same error :

ERROR Failed to connect to "serveripaddress" "portnumber" : Connection refused

I even mentionned the ufw to put all rules on IPv4 only, and not IPv6 as it is by default (and shouldnt) .... and not mentionned in the script...

Something wrong with the script at this part
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 02:41:06 PM

NO it doesnt work correctly, you have to mention that people needs to avoid typing special characters in their chosen password.

the script handles special characters just fine.
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 02:43:12 PM

I opened the specific port for RPC port of the daemon, with the command sudo ufw allow portnumber

i even rebooted server just in case, also reloaded ufw, tried also disabled it and enabled it back, then reboot server again.

Also i even tried to open ALL ports for tcp and udp, that doenst change anything, always same error :

I even mentionned the ufw to put all rules on IPv4 only, and not IPv6 as it is by default (and shouldnt) .... and not mentionned in the script...

there is nothing wrong with the script, "ERROR Failed to connect to" usually means that your coind is not running or you have the wrong info. If this is a single server install and yiimp and the coin wallets are on the same server you use either localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the server ip address. not your external server IP.
zoneterror

View Profile
June 18, 2019, 02:47:09 PM

there is nothing wrong with the script, "ERROR Failed to connect to" usually means that your coind is not running or you have the wrong info. If this is a single server install and yiimp and the coin wallets are on the same server you use either localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the server ip address. not your external server IP.

I'll do that ty Smiley
zoneterror

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 03:45:06 PM

Everything went smooth at the end. Website is up and mining pool is working great.

As i am a noobie in the ubuntu world, i made many mistakes.

I am so sorry for the disturbings and thank you very mutch for the help
Ride2Esc

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 10:46:46 AM

Hello
Can anyone recommend a hosting company that allow installing mining pool?
What is the hardware requirement for running a pool?
Thank you
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 02:55:33 PM

Hello
Can anyone recommend a hosting company that allow installing mining pool?
What is the hardware requirement for running a pool?
Thank you

These are the min specs I always recommend. For host providers I say if you can afford it go with dedicated otherwise, Vultr digital ocean, etc.

https://github.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/wiki/Server-Requirments
Ride2Esc

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:18:35 PM

Thank you for this.
Can I ask you something "personal" on private PM?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: