Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:17:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't pay! Ultimate Crypto-Server Installer Script setup your pool in minutes!  (Read 5186 times)
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 344
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 08:56:02 PM

yup pm here or on discord
zoneterror

Activity: 164
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 04, 2019, 11:55:15 AM

Hello
Can anyone recommend a hosting company that allow installing mining pool?
What is the hardware requirement for running a pool?
Thank you

Personally i went for 16xvCPU and 65Gb ram - 1.2 TB SSD-  at vultr.com  in VPS services , really fast and worth it
YuSoDum

Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 06:59:28 PM

I already have a yiimp pool setup, would the coin/daemon script portion work even tho I did not install it using your script originally? Curious..
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2019, 07:16:52 PM

I already have a yiimp pool setup, would the coin/daemon script portion work even tho I did not install it using your script originally? Curious..

so as of right now, no. It will not work with any default installation of yiimp. At some point ill make a version that will. But in all honesty, with lack of donations I have lack of desire to code lmao.
YuSoDum

Merit: 13

View Profile
November 06, 2019, 07:26:09 PM

so as of right now, no. It will not work with any default installation of yiimp. At some point ill make a version that will. But in all honesty, with lack of donations I have lack of desire to code lmao.

I understand completely. I'm just learning so I'll try it the not so easy way lol....I appreciate the quick answer..
Yes I tried your script for installing the pool (didnt try the daemon/coin installer) and ran into issues with getting my coin in the pool...So i installed manually with the original yiimp and trying everything manually so I can learn..I would donate if I could - i'm broke haha
OldSchoolCPU

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2019, 11:42:22 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2019, 12:49:45 PM by OldSchoolCPU

Hello all

I am trying to setup this pool, but keep getting stuck at the yiimp server install. I keep getting redirected back to the new user command prompt.
I am a noob to Linux, and limited network knowledge, so anyone's help would be appreciated.

I've seen the video's and read, and re read the github info, but it seems it always stops at the same point. I'm not sure if I'm entering in the correct information. I must be doing something wrong as it always exits out of the installer.

During the install GUI it ask for a lot of information I am not familiar with, but entered what I thought was the correct information.
I am trying to set up a private pool, on my own network, which is behind(cascade) my Internet providers DSL modem/router.

Domain Name: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Using Sub-Domain: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Install SSL: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use AutoExchange: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use Dedicated Coin Ports: what should I use/select(Y or N)?

Domain Name(data entry): what should I use?
Stratum URL: what should I use?
System Email: what should I use?
Your Public IP: what should I use? this is where it exits out of the installer and back to command prompt.

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, I am trying to install on my own personal server, not thru a cloud or hosting service.....if it makes a difference.
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 01:26:20 AM

Hello all

I am trying to setup this pool, but keep getting stuck at the yiimp server install. I keep getting redirected back to the new user command prompt.
I am a noob to Linux, and limited network knowledge, so anyone's help would be appreciated.

I've seen the video's and read, and re read the github info, but it seems it always stops at the same point. I'm not sure if I'm entering in the correct information. I must be doing something wrong as it always exits out of the installer.

During the install GUI it ask for a lot of information I am not familiar with, but entered what I thought was the correct information.
I am trying to set up a private pool, on my own network, which is behind(cascade) my Internet providers DSL modem/router.

Domain Name: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Using Sub-Domain: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Install SSL: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use AutoExchange: what should I use/select(Y or N)?
Use Dedicated Coin Ports: what should I use/select(Y or N)?

Domain Name(data entry): what should I use?
Stratum URL: what should I use?
System Email: what should I use?
Your Public IP: what should I use? this is where it exits out of the installer and back to command prompt.

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks in advance for any help.

By the way, I am trying to install on my own personal server, not thru a cloud or hosting service.....if it makes a difference.

Ive just pushed a new version of the installer to github that has changed the initial questions. The first question is will ask is if you are using a domain name, if you are not and just using the server IP select no and it will skip some of the other questions that are not required for it. Obviously if you are using a domain name select yes and you will be prompted with some additional questions.

You can always jump on our discord channel, we have a very active yiimp community on there with a good deal of pool ops willing to help out.
Nipar

Activity: 55
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2019, 10:33:37 PM

Hi,
I have a few questions:

Why does your install script require to be run by root?
I do not see anything in bootstrap.sh that cannot be run by sudo.

Also, why can you not use an already created user?
What's so special about the new user created by the script?

I see you have a script for Ubuntu 18.10. Does it work on 18.04 LTS?
Can I run a local network copy of it on my Ubuntu box just so I can try it and learn it?
I would run a couple localnet miners against it to test it out.

Reading from: https://github.com/cryptopool-builders/Multi-Pool-Installer/wiki/Install

Thanks Smiley
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 12:43:41 AM

Its setup this way for a few reasons. The biggest reason is because most people that would actually need this installer have no clue about linux and would not create a user and would install everything under the root account.

So the installer is setup to be first ran under root to force you to create a proper user account, log out of the root user, and log in to the user account to setup the server.

There is really nothing special about the user account it creates besides automatically adding passwordless sudo functionality.

To be honest the only reason you can not start it from an already created account, is because when I was writing it, my thoughts like I said was more on the new to linux users then the people with linux knowledge so there are some "preflight" things that happen like dir structures being made, checks for some required packages, etc that all happens before you reboot in to the new user account to continue the install.

And frankly, I just havent moved those checks to happen if you launch from an already created user account. So installation will fail.

And no none of this works on 18.04, there was a point where you could do a multi server setup and the web, db, and stratum could be on 18 but the daemon server still had to be on 16. So to avoid confusion its just all 16. 
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2019, 05:30:49 AM

Updated the installer and now installs on Ubuntu 16.04 or Ubuntu 18.04
Astrali

Activity: 281
Merit: 130

Crypto Addicted

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 12:08:42 PM

tried on a virtualbox machine - it just stops after selecting the "external ip for admin purposes" ending at the prompt without any further message.

tried external ip ..
tried the ip of my local machine i would use
tried 127.0.0.1 to acess it from exactly this VM.

any ideas? Smiley

also tried various settings before like "with autoexchange yes/no" and "with ports per coin yes/no"
always stopped at the same menu action of setting the admin ip

fresh install of ubuntu 18.04!

Join the mining! pool.cryptopowered.club    Smiley   || Need a miner? Rent one! MiningRigRentals
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 03:40:25 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2019, 04:03:55 PM by cryptopool.builders

tried on a virtualbox machine - it just stops after selecting the "external ip for admin purposes" ending at the prompt without any further message.

tried external ip ..
tried the ip of my local machine i would use
tried 127.0.0.1 to acess it from exactly this VM.

any ideas? Smiley

also tried various settings before like "with autoexchange yes/no" and "with ports per coin yes/no"
always stopped at the same menu action of setting the admin ip

fresh install of ubuntu 18.04!

are you leaving the ip that it shows? or are you entering a new one? also are you using your numberpad keys or the upper keys?
OldSchoolCPU

View Profile
November 11, 2019, 10:32:00 PM

Hi,

Still having the same issue at the last of the questions.

It shows this text "PublicIP" instead of the actual IP address the server has been issued by my routers DHCP.

Tried multiple time with entering in my actual IP address, with the same results.

How do I set "AdminPanel". The IP address that it shows me is my ISP's main address for my router. I want to use my private network IP address to access the AdminPanel.
What is the correct syntax.

Thanks
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2019, 11:10:05 PM

Hi,

It shows this text "PublicIP" instead of the actual IP address the server has been issued by my routers DHCP.

Tried multiple time with entering in my actual IP address, with the same results.

How do I set "AdminPanel". The IP address that it shows me is my ISP's main address for my router. I want to use my private network IP address to access the AdminPanel.

Thanks

i see the issue. I need to add a check for you guys that are logging in locally Smiley ill push it here shortly
cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 12:54:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Ok i pushed a new updated for you guys that are trying to install this locally. The new check will either add your public IP if you are logged in through SSH or it will just put in some dummy IP if you are logging in locally that you will need to change to whatever correct IP you need.
OldSchoolCPU

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:04:43 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2019, 10:10:44 PM by OldSchoolCPU

Hey....your latest update seems to have fixed the issue I was having. It's installing, and I'll update this post when  it's finished installing. Thanks for taking the time to issue a new update.

cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 03:27:52 AM

Hey....your latest update seems to have fixed the issue I was having. It's installing, and I'll update this post when  it's finished installing. Thanks for taking the time to issue a new update.

glad to hear! TBH i never even really thought when i was writing this about folks trying to install locally lol.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3128

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 03:56:52 AM

Hows about your script working when there are a few errors when the wallet is compiling ?
There are so many old wallets and other wallets that have some problems when you compile them because the maybe the dev. team dont have updated or worked on them anymore !
I run my one pool now for over an year with yiimp and i got a few wallets in the past that was realy painful for compile them because of errors in the code or opj folder wasnt empty and more.
Can your script handle that ? just asking .

And by the way nice work , its helpful for new users that want to try them on a mining pool .

cryptopool.builders (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2019, 05:05:37 AM

Hows about your script working when there are a few errors when the wallet is compiling ?
There are so many old wallets and other wallets that have some problems when you compile them because the maybe the dev. team dont have updated or worked on them anymore !
I run my one pool now for over an year with yiimp and i got a few wallets in the past that was realy painful for compile them because of errors in the code or opj folder wasnt empty and more.
Can your script handle that ? just asking .

And by the way nice work , its helpful for new users that want to try them on a mining pool .

so with the daemonbuilder script i wrote, there is actually an option that you can select after a coin build fails that has some of the more common fail reasons, and it will apply the fixes and build the coin.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3128

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 05:18:51 AM

so with the daemonbuilder script i wrote, there is actually an option that you can select after a coin build fails that has some of the more common fail reasons, and it will apply the fixes and build the coin.

Is there also an option that you can edit the faild file on the compile process ?
Or does your script give an detailed information on what file the compile was faild and what line on the code in the file is the problem that the compile has faild?

Im just asking because there are some wallets that have a few old codes in the file and when you compile them you have a few fails .
And if you dont know how to fix it the code it will take ages to solve it or maybe you dont get it working .

But i guess i dont have to tell you about .

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: