Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:36:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY WE BOUNTY HUNTERS HAVE SUCH A BAD REPUTATION  (Read 1312 times)
denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:12:44 PM

Because the majority are only interested in taking short term small gains instead of waiting for a few months and even years and giving the projects an opportunity to implement their roadmaps and maybe making some serious money. Open up any ICO telegram group and almost all questions are about when exchange, when binance and when moon. No intelligent communication and sharing of knowledge and information about the projects and their products. 
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:14:22 PM

The only problem is that it is very easy for everyone to blame bounty participants
Claiming every dump is our fault

Nobody mentions the stress and difficulties in doing bounties
Or the minute and small tokens we receive

How can I dump a market with just 100000 tokens
When investors have millions ??
Radzivill

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 09:22:03 PM

I like your approach, I fully agree with you. People sell tokens right away, because it's massive and the price falls quickly. However, in a severe fall in prices, the wounded investors as well, who receive bonuses of 50 percent or more, are guilty as well and immediately sell everything, having received their profit. What does this happen before bounties of hunters get their tokens. I think that they are to blame for this more)
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:27:25 PM

Nice to read your views but bounty hunters are not always wrong and don't dump token every time. I think presale investors are dumping the coin and Money Token is the great project let the dumpers dump their token I will buy more .

chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 09:27:44 PM

Let me add another reason why bounty hunters have such a bad reputation:

THEY WRITE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS

well, joking aside, yeah, the two things you mentioned are true.
here's the thing though, I don't see it as selfish, I see it as stupid.
Bounty hunters selling tokens right away for a quick pay out are just incredibly stupid, almost like a little kid.
If you tell a kid, "Here, you can have a cupcake now, or if you wait awhile, you can have two cupcakes" then the kid, who only sees what's in front of him, jumps on the one cupcake.
Bounty Hunters dumping coins are like that kid, inpatient and unable to plan for the future.

Also, in regarding to the lambos, I'm sorry to say, you will never become a millionare if all you do is bounties.
It just is never going to happen.
The reason why is because your portfolio will never have enough capital to make the big trades necessary to bring real world value to your portfolio.
So what you should be doing, is every now and then investing in the projects you are promoting.
Of course, that means that you would need to only promote projects you yourself would put money into, but isn't that a good thing?

CryptoCoinArbitrage

Activity: 485
Merit: 12

$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:44:56 PM

Bounty hunters get 1-2% of the total supply for their work. I do not see it as a big problem if they dump it as long term with 1% it cannot damage the project. I like it when we can buy cheap tokens on lower prices than ICO price was. Have a feeling that many investors dumping as well  and taking the profit.
( in some projects they get  up to 80% bonuses). For second point I agree with you completely.
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 10:51:39 PM

Well, first of all, these situations are rather rare than common (from my experience at least). I have participated in projects where ICO investors dumped the price to less than 10% of the ICO price (bounty tokens are not released to this day). Maybe they want to buy it very cheap, but no one can blame bounty hunters. Secondly, I agree with you that the community is making their life harder by not relying on an individual quality, but rather on a quantity. As we are on the Internet, everyone has the ability to join the community, which is a double-edged sword. On the other hand, I have no problem with people that are really putting all their effort to make an actual exposure to the project even when they know their language skills are really far from a level of native speakers. But there is a line which is being crossed on many occasions by making short and illogical answers, yet they are approved by managers.  I guess we have no other choice but to improve our own standards and actually bring something valuable on the table, or we might be doomed by the rest of the world.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
alimarh

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:30:23 PM

It is because many bounty hunter don't really care much about the project, they only care about the reward and that's why bounty hunters have such a bad reputation

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
paramelton

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:28:23 PM

Bounty pool normally is around 3% of all tokens, this is what bounty hunters can get. Much bigger part is private investors and people who buy in pre-ICO phase with 70-80% discount from ICO price. This amount sometimes is 30% of all tokens and is 10 times more of the amount that hold the hunters. So these people can dump token as well and has much bigger power
Nshan0102

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 03:34:50 PM

It's such a shame that although Bounty Hunters do provide value as a community we are really beginning to get a bad name in this Industry. Primarily for two reasons.

1. We dump the tokens we get as soon as they get listed on exchanges. For example, MONEYTOKEN LAUNCHED today on exchanges and it was dumped hardcore, of course,  who else other than BOUNTY HUNTERS AND AIRDROP PEEPS. My Hubby also made two videos but he said no way in hell is he literally giving away the coin way below ICO price. We live in Europe as well, so we don't have the cheap living costs many bounty hunters enjoy who live in Asia and Africa. I know we all have to survive, but we are looking more like beggars now in the crypto community with no self-worth. Maybe alot of bounty hunters don't value their time or themselves but come on, way below ICO price you go and dump the tokens, have people no sense?

2. 2nd point is the rampant stealing and cheating. EVERY DAY we are finding idiots trying to claim bounty stakes by impersonating us and stealing our videos or blog reviews. No wonder now so many ICOS are requesting us to do KYC, we are not to be even trusted to do a decent job.

I really think the bounty industry as to be cleaned up and I would prefer it if bounty tokens were like locked up for a few months before we could all mass dump for so cheap and then Investors getting so angry and pissed off at us. I know everyone in crypto is selfish and for himself only but come on being too selfish is actually shooting yourselves and all of us in the foot. We will never get lambos and moons at this rate lol.

I agree with you 100%. But there are many hunters who don't care about it because they don't know that if they hold the token price will increase and only then they can sell it ( If the project is good one ). You have done a very good job by opening this topic, maybe some of them will change their desicion?? I would give you merits for such a nice topic if I had  Grin Grin Wink Wink
Utoy101

Activity: 368
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:39:17 PM

Yeah Bounty Hunters has a bad reputation nowadays in crypto world they even call them dumpers that is the problem in bounty hunters because they get it for free they dump it even for a low price atleast they have money and there's no way you can't change about them even if you lock the tokens .
NerdYale

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:49:34 PM

So sad but we cant deny most of the bounty hunters really does this and truth really hurts and there is so little we can do about i.. But I think its not the only thing we contributed in the cryptoworld though.

lesnik_utsa

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:02:31 PM

I also do not understand why to sell at the first listing on the stock exchange in the negative. Especially if you have good tokens. It is better to wait for the listing at least on large exchanges and wait for the rise of the entire market. I keep my tokens because I believe in them
ndico

Activity: 280

better Days Ahead...

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:11:30 PM

I think why such thing happens is because the bounty hunters are always in-patience when it comes to waiting for their payment, most of them will threaten the admin and teams for their reward and when they gets their payment, they will dump immediately

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:13:57 PM

And also bounty hunters only focus on the rewards that will be obtained or in other words they are just looking to earn money. But they don't make a good contribution to this forum or to the cryptocurrency community as a whole. So that many bounty hunters become spammers in this forum, or just make a post from the thread bounty campaign to deliver their work.
domoy77

Activity: 811
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:42:08 PM

we cannot completely blame the hunter, because for the distribution of the Bounty program around 1-2% of the total supply, so it doesn't
have much effect if they immediately throw it away.
Look at this : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4783407.0

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
nunibanuni

Activity: 109

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 04:49:50 PM

Its because some of the bounty hunters are not fair, meaning they will do anything for money. Many are spamming the forum for the signature campaign and also there are others who have multiple accounts to gain more.
pat25

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 04:52:15 PM

Because people are greedy, they do as much as possible to receive more money than others.
Creating multiaccounts, twitter and facebook bots - everything of that is making the bad reputation of bounties.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:09:52 PM

Most people think bounty hunter are the ones that make the price of tokens to go down and in most case it is true because bounty hunter will dump the token at any given price because they have nothing to lose so that's why they have a bad reputation.
waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 07:14:59 PM

I am a bounty hunter, and I also do not like those hunters who, as soon as possible, sell tokens received for bounty participation. Well this is meaningless, lose a year and you will get much more, but no - no one wants to listen, and just get a penny.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: