Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:19:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Security  (Read 1912 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:29:14 PM

Well actually I only use an online wallet for my BTC I really think it is secure enough to handle the situation at hand, you just need to learn to activate the F2P security that the site will provide for you,

Two factor authentication offered by many websites is insecure. Many believe that SMS codes can protect one from password breaches. As we have seen, it's still possible to get control over one's phone number. Offline software wallet would be much wiser choice these days since it can't be hacked without a direct access.

That is why I am saying this kind of wallet is less secure but a more convenient, efficient and also free, Yup maybe because it is free it is also prone to hackers attack, But I like it most because of its more convenient, But if OP is really into security towards his Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency he has or he got financial stability then go for trezor or a hardware kind of wallet that can let his Cryptocurrency storage offline and It will consider really safe to hacker attack.
maskeffec

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:42:43 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Has anyone bought them and would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Airdrop291
A wallet that has a USB size will definitely be vulnerable to being lost or you can misplace it, so you have to be really careful about it. I only use an online wallet for my BTC, I really think it's safe enough. but if you really want to be safer, you have to use an expensive wallet that is completely off line so you can be sure that it will be safe against hackers.
solenn heussaff

Activity: 116
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 04:46:27 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Many thanks

Airdrop291

Me, I use online wallet to secure my bitcoin but I think there are hackers in online world so there is a chance that it will be hacked. To be sure you need to have an offline wallet but I think it is expensive to have.
Hablinfuld

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:58:00 AM

I trust the security system of bitcoin. It improve a lot. The developers are using lot of technology to improve this sectors. It will keep update all time. So dot worry about the bitcoin security system.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:08:43 AM

The security of your wallet is strictly in your hands and it is better that way than to rest it in the hands of a third party  like the software you mentioned. There are a lot of security measures you can adopt to further strengthen your wallet which includes the introduction of 2FA  which is a soft ware that send a code number to your cellphone and request you put down the code numbers in the field provided for your log in to be authorized and if you can not provide the code numbers you will never have access to the wallet. You can also introduce special characters when filling in your password, characters like @ #  $ ! etc to make it difficult for hackers to get into your wallet.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:09:13 AM

Hi All

Many thanks

Airdrop291

I am not using anything as Bitcoins is secured enough, and I have stored them in a safe wallet, I usually update my passwords often. I do not use a exchange hence I'm not concerned, about recent hacks, as it's often staged by the people working at exchanges. Well I would suggest you to, store it in a secure wallet, make sure you never share your keys, pin or seed with anyone, also make sure not to use it on a public wifi, or a virus infected device.

No I haven't brought them, and have no intention to buy them either just follow the suggestions I have said above and you should be able to secure your coins.
CrazyBTC7800

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:32:30 AM

To me hardware wallet is the most secure option to store bitcoins compared to desktop wallets. As no personal info is being associated to hardware there is less possibility of exposing the identical info.
BTCHeadstone

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:41:59 AM

If you are looking for relatively safe way to keep your bitcoins then you could definitely go for paper wallet. Storing in paper wallet is easy as it don’t take much space.
ETHxn4BTC

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:44:54 AM

I surely believe that the security system of btc is very good. It will well set to protect from the hackers. The system is update all time so I think this system is quite good.
BTCHeadstone

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:47:04 AM

I would suggest Desktop wallet. It  is a great way to store bitcoin. You can have the easy access to your wallet with secure private key from your personal computer.
TupMan007

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:15:20 AM

The place where you need to store bitcoin as safe and secure is called ‘’wallet’’. A wallet has some private keys for safety to access your btc. The safety of the wallet depends on the device or versions you’re gonna use.
BTCHeadstone

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:29:11 AM

You can keep your bitcoin safe both in online or offline wallet. Its better to keep small amount of btc in online for everyday use and you need to secure your offline wallet physically.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:50:47 AM

I think to secure your bitcoin you have to use both online and cold storage. Cold storage means offline mode btc storage. For online you have to backup regularly, update software and make encryption for the security.
nakarp

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:59:37 AM

passoword  protection and its difficult select password and hard so secure bitcoin.
Emanammy

Activity: 83

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:00:42 AM

Bitcoin is a save and secure cryptocurrency.Everyone should secure their wallets from scammers.
BitTheLight

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:12:02 AM

of course, bitcoin is a profitable and reliable investment, but now there are many hackers who prey on Your data and not only yours, of course, you can come up with a complex password, you can do double authorization, but it is still dangerous to store money in such a currency, but if you are sure that you can protect your data from hackers,
SecureCryptoPayments

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:43:06 AM

The best way to protect yourself is not to advertise your data - passwords, numbers. I think for a start, this is the most important thing. Roll Eyes
Dswaggers

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:26:51 AM

I strongly believe that BTC has a great secure system. Of course people should follow main tips concerning privacy and security because hackers and scammers can easily use their information

Bitcoin has a great technology  to secure their system,
Cryptography controls the creation and transfer of a cryptocurrency, and the protocols underlying bitcoin have proven to be robust. ... Bitcoin exchanges are not regulated by the government, and they generally do not provide enough insurance and security to be used to store money in the same way as a bank.
livingfree

Activity: 2800
Merit: 578

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:50:05 AM

Buying password protectors? there are password generations for free on the web and you just have to search it.

I've bought a hardware wallet and that's more secure than any wallet that I've used before. This will cost you some money but that's better than using an online wallet that you can't be sure of on how secured they are. But if you use a wallet, just keep the private keys and write it and keep it somewhere.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
betty12

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

Currently, I do not have much bitcoin, when I do I will have to consider using an offline storage wallet. At present, I use a secure password and have my email protected. Using 2FA and IP detection for login is good too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: