Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coolest Political Ad Ever  (Read 3393 times)
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:21:08 PM

I have no real interest in who runs America but this ad is awesome. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e9deLGjrf-A

Why the cigarette?  And that slow motion smile?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:35:41 PM

I think we can agree, that's a pretty creepy advertisement. Herman Cain seems to me to be the GOP draft pick... He's from "outside the system", he's black, and, well... I guess that's about it.

I have absolutely no interest in politics, but I have this feeling that nobody's buying it, and the GOP is going to get trounced next year. The only exception is if people see through the bullshit and take up an interest in Ron Paul. But then, he doesn't really represent the GOP.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 06:59:14 PM

What is a "draft pick?"
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:17:19 PM

that is a weird ad. Hey is that the guy on Cain's staff who made a big deal out of not buying health insurance. He claimed it was some kind of government tyranny. Of course now he has cancer and is 400k in debt. And of course I and other tax payers are stuck with the bill.
Freakin hypocrites, what happened to "let him die".   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
I.Goldstein

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 07:43:46 PM

I think we can agree, that's a pretty creepy advertisement. Herman Cain seems to me to be the GOP draft pick... He's from "outside the system", he's black, and, well... I guess that's about it.

I have absolutely no interest in politics, but I have this feeling that nobody's buying it, and the GOP is going to get trounced next year. The only exception is if people see through the bullshit and take up an interest in Ron Paul. But then, he doesn't really represent the GOP.

He's in the system alright. He used to work for the Federal Reserve. You could get no closer to an example of a puppet.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:08:38 PM

He's in the system alright. He used to work for the Federal Reserve. You could get no closer to an example of a puppet.

Puppet of what? 
BitterTea

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:26:12 PM

Puppet of what? 

The republicrat party, the establishment, the system, the bankers, the matrix, "they"... it goes by many names. It's the system of control that keeps you thinking inside the box, that makes you feel like you have a choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:32:00 PM

Puppet of what? 

The republicrat party, the establishment, the system, the bankers, the matrix, "they"... it goes by many names. It's the system of control that keeps you thinking inside the box, that makes you feel like you have a choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A

lol slavery again.  You are nothing if not consistent  Wink

BitterTea

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 08:38:06 PM

lol slavery again.  You are nothing if not consistent  Wink

If you spend 13 minutes of your time watching the video, I'll not use the slavery analogy in argument with you again.

But only if you pay attention, and report back here with your thoughts.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 09:21:59 PM

lol slavery again.  You are nothing if not consistent  Wink

If you spend 13 minutes of your time watching the video, I'll not use the slavery analogy in argument with you again.

But only if you pay attention, and report back here with your thoughts.

Conspiracy pap droning on for 13 minutes and 10 second.  Total disregard for history - after the first 25 seconds he just makes stuff up.  The Pope is a slave? Trade unions protesting job losses are masters?  Lots of videos of whipping with totally delusional comment.  Whoever made this regards history books as works of fiction and makes his own up as well.   Boris Johnson is shown - is he in the slave or master list?  He is of immigrant stock, self made man and is mayor of London with a reputation for shagging everything female with a pulse.  Surely he must be a master?  But if he is a master, why is he always being abused and why doesn't he make other people do the work?  A policeman shot someone in a subway station.  Was that a crime or something his master told him or is he a master?  Apart from the trade unionists protesting job losses, no masters are identified.  Its over and the silly sod forgot to say who the masters are?  

Its a sad video in that it assumes calling people names makes you superior to them.  You call people "livestock" or "sheeple" and think that proves you are more clever than they are.  What it actually proves is that you are comfortable calling people "livestock" and "sheeple" and that tells us more about you than about the people you are trying to denigrate.

Do you personally really believe this stuff? 

johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 09:24:37 PM

Reminds me of

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
BitterTea

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 09:30:18 PM

Conspiracy pap droning on for 13 minutes and 10 second.  Total disregard for history - after the first 25 seconds he just makes stuff up.  The Pope is a slave? Trade unions protesting job losses are masters?  Lots of videos of whipping with totally delusional comment.  Whoever made this regards history books as works of fiction and makes his own up as well.   Boris Johnson is shown - is he in the slave or master list?  He is of immigrant stock, self made man and is mayor of London with a reputation for shagging everything female with a pulse.  Surely he must be a master?  But if he is a master, why is he always being abused and why doesn't he make other people do the work?  A policeman shot someone in a subway station.  Was that a crime or something his master told him or is he a master?  Apart from the trade unionists protesting job losses, no masters are identified.  Its over and the silly sod forgot to say who the masters are? 

Its a sad video in that it assumes calling people names makes you superior to them.  You call people "livestock" or "sheeple" and think that proves you are more clever than they are.  What it actually proves is that you are comfortable calling people "livestock" and "sheeple" and that tells us more about you than about the people you are trying to denigrate.

Sounds like your filters are fully engaged, I shouldn't have expected anything different.

The masters are the human farmers, those who sustain themselves through the coerced payment (taxes) from the productive individuals.

Can you make a short list of the specific historical inaccuracies to which you refer? I'm curious what you take issue with.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:22:40 PM

Conspiracy pap droning on for 13 minutes and 10 second.  Total disregard for history - after the first 25 seconds he just makes stuff up.  The Pope is a slave? Trade unions protesting job losses are masters?  Lots of videos of whipping with totally delusional comment.  Whoever made this regards history books as works of fiction and makes his own up as well.   Boris Johnson is shown - is he in the slave or master list?  He is of immigrant stock, self made man and is mayor of London with a reputation for shagging everything female with a pulse.  Surely he must be a master?  But if he is a master, why is he always being abused and why doesn't he make other people do the work?  A policeman shot someone in a subway station.  Was that a crime or something his master told him or is he a master?  Apart from the trade unionists protesting job losses, no masters are identified.  Its over and the silly sod forgot to say who the masters are? 

Its a sad video in that it assumes calling people names makes you superior to them.  You call people "livestock" or "sheeple" and think that proves you are more clever than they are.  What it actually proves is that you are comfortable calling people "livestock" and "sheeple" and that tells us more about you than about the people you are trying to denigrate.

Sounds like your filters are fully engaged, I shouldn't have expected anything different.

The masters are the human farmers, those who sustain themselves through the coerced payment (taxes) from the productive individuals.

Can you make a short list of the specific historical inaccuracies to which you refer? I'm curious what you take issue with.

The filter is reality.  The internet is awash with people with theories from marxism to the lizard masters.  That video was just one more.

Do you personally believe that you are "livestock" with an owner?
BitterTea

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:41:16 PM

The filter is reality.  The internet is awash with people with theories from marxism to the lizard masters.  That video was just one more.

So, no specific historical criticisms?

In the same way that some animal farmers provide some level of freedom in order for their livestock to provide better milk and meat, some human farmers (bureaucrats) provide some level of freedom in order for their human "livestock" to provide more tax revenue.
Hawker (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:23:03 AM

So, no specific historical criticisms?

In the same way that some animal farmers provide some level of freedom in order for their livestock to provide better milk and meat, some human farmers (bureaucrats) provide some level of freedom in order for their human "livestock" to provide more tax revenue.

Bureaucrats are poorly paid public employees.  Are you seriously saying that the clerks in the local department of motor vehicles own you?
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 08:04:06 AM

I noticed that all of the articles about Cain hail his achievements as Godfather's Pizza CEO, but neglect to mention what those achievements were. He cut the chain from 900 stores down to 400 and got rid of thousands of employees. Does it really take a business genius to recognize that the way to make your chain profitable is to close all of the locations that aren't profitable?

Now he has a tax plan that will raise the hell out of taxes on minimum wage earners... like Godfather's Pizza employees.

I wouldn't want a guy like that to be the boss at my workplace and I sure don't want him to be the boss of my country. Forced to choose between shit and double-shit sundae with shit cherries, I guess I'll take Obama. Well, actually I'll vote third party, but still.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2011, 09:29:07 AM

Isn't a cigarette like super bad in that spot?

Every politician creeps me out.

"I noticed a huge control apparatus." <slow creepy smile> "I'd like to test it out on you this January. Please yank my lever or punch my chad."

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 09:30:14 AM

Isn't a cigarette like super bad in that spot?

where do you put them?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 09:45:26 AM

Well, actually I'll vote third party, but still.

Don't bother. If your "third party" isn't making a serious effort, then why vote for them? Obama is smart and a successful campaigner. I think of him as more of like chocolate sprinkles on the shit parfait that is US politics. He's better than voting on a political loser.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 10:05:30 AM

Democrats are getting more and more conservative. If I vote for them, I send the message that I support that shift. If enough people drop the Democrats and vote for far-left parties (haha I know), it sends the message that voters won't put up with their bullshit. It's not even about having a specific third party candidate I like, since I know he'll never win anyway. It's about trying to build support so that we will either have such a candidate in the future, or we'll have Democrats that seem like they're even still vaguely part of the left-wing. Neither are very likely, but with our country at a point where Dems seem open to ideas of gutting Social Security (a political death sentence 20 years ago, even for a Republican), it's worth a shot.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██