Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is AMT par for the bitcoin course?  (Read 1203 times)
clenell (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

Last November I purchased my first miner from a company (AMT). It's been an uphill battle since. These guys talked a great game on the phone but now they don't take phone calls or return emails. They miss one delivery date after another and post nothing in the way of updates giving an explanation. The only response you get from AMT is "stop harassing us". What some companies call customer service AMT calls harassment.  We even believe they are creating accounts on this forum in an effort to clean up their thread (which has subsequently turned into one big bitch-fest). I can't get a refund and I'm in the process of speaking with an attorney. I used to back these guys in the beginning but I was wrong. I haven't paid much attention to other threads but here is my question. Are all miner companies this shady and crooked? Is KNC the only reputable company out there? I know BFL is bad but wtf? These companies have to be giving bitcoins a bad name. How did the bar get so low? These companies screwing people over are just begging for gov't involvement - which is the last thing anyone wants. this is my rant.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 02:13:20 PM

I think these issues are at play with all the companies, but AMT seems to take them to another level.  You have a frenzied, sellers market where people get caught up and are willing to do things they wouldn't otherwise think prudent (preorder payment in bitcoin to an unproven company etc).  You've got new technologies being put together by new companies, often with little prior business experience in a situation where delivery time is critically important.  I'm not making excuses for AMT, just saying these factors seem to contribute to frustrations with all companies.  AMT, however, seems to be in a class by themselves
clenell (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:50:22 PM

Despite AMT claiming they "are not miners" it appears they are either mining with our equipment or they are crooks. is there a way to find out?

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:44:44 PM

The market is moving to support companies who don't use preorders. We're nearing the point where we can sustain our hashrate desires without needing to touch preorders, although there will always be those who are happy to take the very high risk for a chance at a reward.

clenell (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 08:24:51 PM

well, i hope the word is out... DO NOT ORDER FROM AMT MINERS THEY WILL SCREW YOU.

5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:33:26 PM

This is why I largely stick with Scrypt mining Tongue  The stress of ordering a machine and just hoping that it gets there in time to be profitable is awful. 
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

Last November I purchased my first miner from a company (AMT). It's been an uphill battle since. These guys talked a great game on the phone but now they don't take phone calls or return emails. They miss one delivery date after another and post nothing in the way of updates giving an explanation. The only response you get from AMT is "stop harassing us". What some companies call customer service AMT calls harassment.  We even believe they are creating accounts on this forum in an effort to clean up their thread (which has subsequently turned into one big bitch-fest). I can't get a refund and I'm in the process of speaking with an attorney. I used to back these guys in the beginning but I was wrong. I haven't paid much attention to other threads but here is my question. Are all miner companies this shady and crooked? Is KNC the only reputable company out there? I know BFL is bad but wtf? These companies have to be giving bitcoins a bad name. How did the bar get so low? These companies screwing people over are just begging for gov't involvement - which is the last thing anyone wants. this is my rant.
Check out Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide

IMHO right now buy Bitmain AntMiner S1, they ship within 48 hours after payment.  No more pre-orders!

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:26:41 AM

Honestly clenell I saw your posts on the "official" AMT post. We had our differences there, BUT I get your frustration with them and I TOTALLY get what you are saying about it being a huge bitchfest. It gets me nervous seeing all that too. BUT for my part I tend to keep a level head until I have all the facts in hand not speculation as it tends to cause more harm than good from experience.  I already got burned waiting with BFL. But as far as your title...I think its spot on. Yea they are par for the course. But there are points being made that the company that builds on-hand miners meaning available day1. Whoever that is, THAT will be the company that dominates this industry. And that is where companies will be moving to because its the model that works best. Noone likes to wait longer than they have to.

It sucks to have to wait so long on this hardware because in the mining field lost time is literally lost money for us.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
clenell (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:39:58 AM

Honestly clenell I saw your posts on the "official" AMT post. We had our differences there, BUT I get your frustration with them and I TOTALLY get what you are saying about it being a huge bitchfest. It gets me nervous seeing all that too. BUT for my part I tend to keep a level head until I have all the facts in hand not speculation as it tends to cause more harm than good from experience.  I already got burned waiting with BFL. But as far as your title...I think its spot on. Yea they are par for the course. But there are points being made that the company that builds on-hand miners meaning available day1. Whoever that is, THAT will be the company that dominates this industry. And that is where companies will be moving to because its the model that works best. Noone likes to wait longer than they have to.

It sucks to have to wait so long on this hardware because in the mining field lost time is literally lost money for us.

so, all bitcoin miner companies are pathological liars and have shit for customer service?

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:49:33 AM

Not sure about that. BUT have you seen one that has been pretty level with its customers? I know bitmine has been pretty good. I got my miners within a few days of ordering them (30Ghs cubes) Other than that most the others seem to be pretty much stalling or just generally have crap customer service.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:06:46 AM

ASICminer-a little overpriced,but no real preorder deal  Cool  I'm waiting for next gen  Grin

Bitfury MBP-same,may have next gen too,same chip though  Roll Eyes

Bitmain Antminers-use more power than I would like,but you get em fast!!!!!   Cool  Again,next gen S2 may be coming soon  Grin

That's about it  Sad

Bitmine may pull through,but still a preorder.............  Roll Eyes

Cointerra-late,but may pull a rabbit outta their hat soon............  Roll Eyes

Good luck to you clenell  & gmaxwell   Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 05:12:56 AM

so, all bitcoin miner companies are pathological liars and have shit for customer service?

No, Bitfury gave me good customer service, made up for lateness (minor lateness at least in the Bitcoin world) and over delivered in the end.  The problem is that they decided to raise prices high enough to take them out of contention.  They were never dishonest though, never ignored customers. 

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:26:17 AM

The new Bitfury chip sounds good. 25% faster, 25% less power. Keep an eye out for it. If it comes out at a reasonable price it'll be a winner.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:43:21 PM

The new Bitfury chip sounds good. 25% faster, 25% less power. Keep an eye out for it. If it comes out at a reasonable price it'll be a winner.

is there a link to any info on the new bitfury chip?

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:14:49 PM

Yes. Our preliminary tests show 25% increase in hashrate and 25% lower power consumption. We will receive new chips tomorrow and will have samples available to developers.

NEW REV2 CHIPS HAVE ARRIVED!!

Buy & Hold
madsusies

Activity: 428

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:00:35 AM

Yes and the rev2 got speed like old one, what a surprise, there was something about 7-10Ghas now i got chips and think if this will be just stupid pay for 32 chips 220€ plus 320€ for technobit assembly  Cry

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: