Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:29:53 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash vs Bitcoin SV  (Read 24270 times)
Sok Poho

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:13:40 AM

Bitcoin has the highest price, and is still the king of the crypto world, bitcoin is also the best and most famous crypto to date. And I'm sure bitcoin will still increase its price in the near future.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:39:58 AM

the fact that Craig Wright is behind BitcoinSV is more than enough for me to consider it as the biggest scam of this year at least. for those who have forgotten who CW is, he is the one who tried to bribe bitcoin developers to vouch for him being Satoshi Nakamoto and when he was asked to provide proof he failed and tried to scam his way out of it but got caught.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
glaccief

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:48:43 AM

well thank you for asking  our advice but I am really sorry that we don't have the idea which one is going to be best but yes bitcoin DC still couldn't achieve that much massive success as the bitcoin cash has on the market
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18587

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

If every forks are the real bitcoin then what should we call the actual bitcoin? This whole things are just starting controversies from my point of view. Still can not judge these two forks.

Coming soon: Bitcoin Cash Gold Private Advanced ABC WTF Segwit 2x - the Conclusive, Real, Authentic, Pure (CRAP) Bitcoin. Ticker symbol CRAP.

it doesn't work that way and it is not always all morons who buy these shitcoins. it is all the traders and that's how the market has always worked.
these people have a lot of money and with it they can use all that money to pump their creation. imagine as a trader you see a shitcoin shooting up and you see the opportunity to make a huge amount of profit in a very short time.... nobody in this market hesitates to take that opportunity.

Except in this case, it seems like there is going to be no replay protection. So when they fork the chains, and all Bitcoin Cash holders are given Bitcoin SV or whatever nonsense it is being called, they will be unable to sell or transfer their SV because then they would also lose their BCH. The whole thing is a colossal mess. I am once again so glad I dumped all my BCH immediately after it forked.
chocolah29

Activity: 588
Merit: 128

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:24:10 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 01:38:01 PM by chocolah29

So it's true that they're pushing through this and they think there will be people who will buy this? Yeah maybe there are some, and they're obviously morons.

it doesn't work that way and it is not always all morons who buy these shitcoins. it is all the traders and that's how the market has always worked.
these people have a lot of money and with it they can use all that money to pump their creation. imagine as a trader you see a shitcoin shooting up and you see the opportunity to make a huge amount of profit in a very short time.... nobody in this market hesitates to take that opportunity.

that is how all the top 10 altcoins went up and got big pumps. the only difference between a #1 altcoin and #1000 altcoin is that the #1 had more money to pump and had more experienced pumpers behind it than the #1000 altcoin otherwise there are at least 20 coins exactly similar and even better than #1 that could have been there!

So I guess that's how money works, even a shitcoin can wrongly pump, no matter how shit the coin is. Undoubtedly, as long as the team is there they'll make a hype that will pump their shitcoin, even at all cost. While those coins that are really promising will left behind and will just pile on those thousands of altcoins.

So more likely, cryptos are living with hype yet full of uncertainties.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
felikszemdegs11

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:49:17 PM

Not a big fan of either but never even heard of Bitcoin SV. Personally I prefer the original vision. Nobody really knows how Satoshis plan would of evolved over the last decade anyway.
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

I do not think that the projects that are compared here have any future at all, because these projects were artificially created to split the BTC community in order to attract investors from miners and programmers.
hinaries

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:48:42 PM

I think Bitcoin Cash will do something good in the future. Their network protocol is very good and delivery is very fast. Bitcoin Cash will soon go to the best position in the crypto market.
Wandly

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:52:14 PM

Bitcoin Cash made by advance technology it will do something good in the future.Their network protocol is very good and delivery is very fast. it will make more profit in future.
chocolah29

Merit: 128

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:14:53 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 02:12:18 AM by chocolah29

Not a big fan of either but never even heard of Bitcoin SV. Personally I prefer the original vision. Nobody really knows how Satoshis plan would of evolved over the last decade anyway.

What Satoshi's plan are you talking about? Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV isn't the real bitcoin since these are just fork coins that trying to be a good one. And Satoshi has nothing to do with this, it's all Roger Ver and team. So cut the crap.

I do not think that the projects that are compared here have any future at all, because these projects were artificially created to split the BTC community in order to attract investors from miners and programmers.

No, they're just confusing people and make believe that bch is also bitcoin.

SUBSCRIBE NOW
swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:42:29 AM

Recently, nChain announced that it will be forking to a new Bitcoin Cash node implementation known as Bitcoin SV (SV stands for Satoshi's Vision). This has been supported by Craig Wright (which claims to be the real Nakamoto) as he believes that it's the safest path to scaling yet. However, Bitcoin Cash devs (Bitcoin ABC) are against this new implementation of BCH, hence a split might occur in November leading to both coins with the same history of transactions (Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV).

Bitcoin SV aims to scale indefinitely by allowing miners to choose their own block size, among several other improvements. Now it's believed that this will be the "real Bitcoin" just like what has been said about Bitcoin Cash before.

What do you think about this controversy? Will Bitcoin Cash splinter into two distinct factions? Or will it remain the same? It looks like there would occur a split of the main BCH chain, causing Bitcoin SV to emerge. However, only one shall survive in the market (if not both or none of them). Looking forward for your thoughts Smiley
Both of them might survive or maybe not, but all I know is that the real Bitcoin will always remain the real Bitcoin and nothing changes about that. What we know will always be just ‘BITCOIN’… any other thing with Cash, Gold, Satoshi’s Vision or whatsoever is an alternative and they won’t be able to compete with the real Bitcoin. But for these two you’re talking about, we have nothing to say yet until we see the Bitcoin SV, then we will all know.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:16:54 PM

Its the Bitcoin SV that doesn't have a replay protection and BCH holders should be extra aware to follow the devs guidelines to be secure.
Though I'm not a BCH holder, I don't think BCH would be dying this easy, BCH is one of the highest utility currency as it's one of the top 5 accepted crypto on retails.

Perhaps, Bitcoin Cash will survive while Bitcoin SV would die in the long term. Or maybe both chains will survive just like what happened with both Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Having no replay protection is extremely risky for BCH holders, especially for newcomers in the crypto space. However, I think that wouldn't be much of an issue since the number of users transacting on the BCH network is much lower in contrast to Bitcoin.

The most important thing here is that even if Bitcoin Cash were to fail in the future because of Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin will always be the original "Bitcoin" no matter what. If you were a hodler of Bitcoin before BCH's inception back in August 2017, you would've had both BTC and BCH on your portfolio. I would advise to sell your BCH to BTC just to be safe before it's too late. I believe that this splintering will result in a very messy situation leading to the destruction of BCH's image and reputation (if any) within the cryptocurrency market. It'll show the people that its dev team and community are not unified as Bitcoin's in terms of protocol upgrades to help advance the cryptocurrency for the long term.

Right now, the next fork would be Bitcoin SV, but I guess that Bitcoin Cash will continue to fork until several useless coins are born. It could be Bitcoin Craig, then Bitcoin Trash, Bitcoin Crap, and so on. You name it! Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
refugiumcrypto

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:47:31 PM

I do not know too much about bitcoin SV so I have not done this coin research. But if you have to choose both, I prefer Bitcoin Cash. The increase in Bitcoin Cash prices is more consistent. In addition, it has a fast transaction speed and very good protection.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 09:37:35 PM

I do not know too much about bitcoin SV so I have not done this coin research. But if you have to choose both, I prefer Bitcoin Cash. The increase in Bitcoin Cash prices is more consistent. In addition, it has a fast transaction speed and very good protection.

Well, this is the newest controversy within crypto land yet, as Craig Wright has proclaimed Bitcoin SV to be the real and original Bitcoin (despite what Bitcoin Cash supporters claim). It was announced last month here: https://nchain.com/en/blog/bitcoin-sv-launch/ by nChain company (in which Mr. Wright is Chief Scientist of the same). While I'm not a big fan of Bitcoin Cash and neither do Bitcoin SV, it'll be quite interesting to see how both chains will behave within the market for a couple of years from now.

If Bitcoin Cash lacks the ability to maintain a unified community and development roadmap, then Bitcoin SV could effectively destroy it. However, if Bitcoin Cash stands strong during the test of time, it could remain on the market while its contender (Bitcoin SV) goes down the drain. There could exist a possibility of both chains surviving in the future (as it happened with both BTC and BCH), but I doubt it. Only one winner will take the blockchain space by storm, and I believe that will be Bitcoin (BTC) as it proves to become successful with the Lightning Network. The most important thing is to scale without sacrificing decentralization and BTC fits the bill quite nicely. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 05:55:56 AM

If that is indeed the best of Bitcoin Cash then I will support it and will ignore Bitcoin SV.
Just hearing the name is very strange and can be spelled with (Bitcoin esvaw). LOL
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 04:53:31 PM

If that is indeed the best of Bitcoin Cash then I will support it and will ignore Bitcoin SV.
Just hearing the name is very strange and can be spelled with (Bitcoin esvaw). LOL

While I'm not a fan of both Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV, I believe that Bitcoin Cash will gain better support than its contender. This is simply because, Bitcoin Cash aims to scale at the safest way possible (but not safer than Bitcoin), while Bitcoin SV intends to further increase the block size and adopt additional improvements that will make the cryptocurrency more centralized than BCH. Bitcoin SV is simply a huge attempt from Craig Wright to make money out of it, and take advantage of the situation.

But in the end, Bitcoin Cash shall emerge victorious as the community remains loyal to the Bitcoin ABC node implementation. It'll be interesting to see what will happen by November, as Bitcoin SV forks out of Bitcoin Cash. This could result in the destruction of either one of the cryptocurrencies, or the growth of both cryptocurrencies over the long term.

Despite this, I have sold all of my Bitcoin Cash which I've earned by holding Bitcoin before August 1, 2017. It's better to be safe than sorry, since this upcoming fork could result disastrous to Bitcoin Cash as we know it. However, if things turn out to become better for Bitcoin Cash, then I might consider going back to it (if I ever will). Nonetheless, I'm still inclined to the original Bitcoin, as it intends to scale in the safest and most decentralized way possible with its Lightning Network. Cool

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Nastinmel

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:50:39 PM

What are those forks for? Are they necessary or not? I think they won't survive because of the absence of a reputation. For most people Bitcoin is Bitcoin, others are a scam. So only those knowing the technology will invest!
Nivelir

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:00:32 PM

In your place, I probably would not have chosen anything, because it seems to me that all your money will simply lose its meaning, since these projects will definitely fall in price. I am sure that it will be so.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:06:16 PM

What are those forks for? Are they necessary or not? I think they won't survive because of the absence of a reputation. For most people Bitcoin is Bitcoin, others are a scam. So only those knowing the technology will invest!

Exactly. Bitcoin forks have taken advantage of the Bitcoin name, to bring confusion to the people. Their main intent is to scam people, especially Bitcoin Cash which is often claimed to be the "original Bitcoin". In the end, if these forks don't provide anything unique for the mainstream world, they would simply fade into oblivion. There are many other good altcoins which are much more promising than Bitcoin Cash (such as Ethereum), and have a greater position in market cap. The only reason why Bitcoin Cash is still the 4th largest cryptocurrency by market cap, it's because it was the first Bitcoin fork to emerge back in 2017.

While this has given it some popularity, it may not last that long if it doesn't remain solid in development and innovation. The upcoming BCH hard fork will result into a serious controversy between Bitcoin ABC and Bitcoin SV supporters. It could be completely disastrous if things don't go as planned, causing the death of the Bitcoin Cash blockchain. Considering that the next BCH hard fork takes effect on November 15, it'll be interesting to see what happens whenever Bitcoin SV takes over, or Bitcoin Cash.

Nevertheless, what's most important is that Bitcoin is still the original Bitcoin no matter what. Its solid development, and innovation, would cause Bitcoin to remain in that top position in market cap for many years to come. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 07:14:21 PM

There are already so many forks and deviations that it is difficult to take the account of how many are out there, the only thing that does that is to creates so much conflict and  destabilization of the market, I think that with so many coins and alts we will never achieve mass adoption, because in the end, everyone will have to carry 100 different coins for all services, which would be hugely inconvenient.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: