Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:28:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT NEWS - Warren Buffet declares Bitcoin as a BAD INVESTMENT  (Read 12776 times)
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:13:49 PM

The only good investment for Warren these days is Depends and applesauce.

Myself, I have the luxury of a few more years to wait.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:15:50 PM

Warren Buffet says tax the rich, but sterilize the poor
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/warren-buffet-says-tax-the-rich-but-sterilize-the-poor/

"There's class warfare, all right," Mr. Buffett said, "but it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning."
http://windowintopalestine.blogspot.de/2011/02/my-class-rich-is-waging-war-and-winning.html

Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:21:43 PM

He might be right, he might not be
He is not always right as history shows

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:23:10 PM

He might be right, he might not be
He is not always right as history shows
This depends on us too. I believe they will win.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:25:34 PM

be greedy when warren buffet is fearful, and fearful when warren buffet is greedy.

i'm buying more.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
cosmofly (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:26:30 PM

"This guy has been right ALL THE TIME and is smarter than the piglets and peasants on this forum"

That may be one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

When an investment runs its course, only peasants and pigs (ie all of u) are buying. Its a fact

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:27:48 PM

LOL, I like how he said "bitcoin may not be here in 20 years"

What he meant was he would be dead and cold in 20 years so if hes wrong its no big deal because he'll be dead already.

Bitcoin will be 100K plus in 10 years.
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198

This is not OK.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:31:11 PM

The price goes up and the FUD spreaders come out...
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

Misleading thread title. This is not "urgent news".

Since the creation of Bitcoin, both Bitcoin and the S&P 500 have outperformed WB.

Maybe times have changed. He's 83, he should move on.
C10H15N

Activity: 866
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:32:43 PM

My holdings include both Berkshire Hathaway and Bitcoin.   Cool

The Bitcoin roller coaster may come off the track, but it's one ride I'm not going to miss!   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Thralen

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:34:11 PM

When an investment runs its course, only peasants and pigs (ie all of u) are buying. Its a fact

This quote right here makes me wonder what the heck you're doing on this forum? "All of u"? Insinuating that you don't own any BTC. Oh yeah, that's right. You're the one trying to start panic sells so you can buy in low. At least that's how you come across in every single post you make. I have an idea. STFU and GTFO, I'll be using the ignore function for you, you've lost humor value even with your broken record (old technology, you may not get the reference) habit.

Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:36:37 PM

the second comment under the article is one of the most important points regarding valueation of bitcoin in special and cryptocurrency/finance in general.

i can tell you as economist it is extremly complicated to classify bitcoin: it is not a real currency (I personally like his argument on that, much better than the argument of non-stability), it is not a real corporation due to the lack of getting revenues

but all of that does not disqualify bitcoin or cryptofinance: to keep it simple bitcoins are scarce and they fulfill functions - this will give them a price.

economist still do not have parameters to classify cryptocurrencies, that will change within quite a short timeframe, trust me
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:43:39 PM

The difference between Buffet and regular investors is that Buffet will be bailed out by the government when he makes wrong investments and can keep his gains when is ahead. So he always is the winner.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:48:40 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2014, 05:05:24 PM by af_newbie

Warren buffet declared bitcoin as useless and strongly believes bitcoin and Cryptos will die in 10 years. He also thinks bitcoin is a terrible investment.

This guy has been right ALL THE TIME and is smarter than the piglets and peasants on this forum

Also confirms my theory that bitcoin has run its course as an investment

Don't underestimate him, Big money will now stay away from bitcoin and I speculate that the price won't return 500% or more

http://www.coindesk.com/warren-buffet-bitcoin-currency/

He lost billions of dollars on ConocoPhillips in 2008.  He might be right about the bitcoin though.  In 10 years, there might be better applications of the blockchain concept that
might be more profitable.  But by then bitcoins might be exchanging hands for more than 50K/coin.

In 10-20 years, Buffet might not be around to see it.

juve4v

Activity: 505

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

be greedy when warren buffet is fearful, and fearful when warren buffet is greedy.

i'm buying more.

Haha good one !  Grin

+1
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:02:07 PM

Warren buffet declared bitcoin as useless and strongly believes bitcoin and Cryptos will die in 10 years. He also thinks bitcoin is a terrible investment.

This guy has been right ALL THE TIME and is smarter than the piglets and peasants on this forum

Also confirms my theory that bitcoin has run its course as an investment

Don't underestimate him, Big money will now stay away from bitcoin and I speculate that the price won't return 500% or more

http://www.coindesk.com/warren-buffet-bitcoin-currency/

If I didn't know better I'd say he is heavily invested in the current kleptocrac system  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
cbutters

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:21:19 PM

Warren Buffet didn't "DECLARE BITCOIN IS A BAD INVESTMENT" he just said he doesn't see it still being around in 10 years.... which means he thinks it WILL be around for close to ten years... he also said this as a passing comment when QUESTIONED about Bitcoin. Warren Buffet would probably tell you himself he doesn't even understand Bitcoin in the first place. He isn't making an announcement or a declaration, he just happened to mention .... something about bitcoin when asked about it. I'm sure he has bigger investments and other concerns going on in his head than to really take the time to understand bitcoin. Its too progressive for an old dinosaur like Warren Buffet to understand. (No disrespect intended to WB, He is obviously a great investor and a very smart man.) He's just too involved in the current monetary system to have a good opinion on Bitcoin at this point.
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 05:27:48 PM

How do you measure or estimate some one's "smartness" ?

Only by the quantity of wealth acquired ?

cosmofly (OP)

Activity: 532

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:47:56 PM

Warren Buffet didn't "DECLARE BITCOIN IS A BAD INVESTMENT" he just said he doesn't see it still being around in 10 years.... which means he thinks it WILL be around for close to ten years... he also said this as a passing comment when QUESTIONED about Bitcoin. Warren Buffet would probably tell you himself he doesn't even understand Bitcoin in the first place. He isn't making an announcement or a declaration, he just happened to mention .... something about bitcoin when asked about it. I'm sure he has bigger investments and other concerns going on in his head than to really take the time to understand bitcoin. Its too progressive for an old dinosaur like Warren Buffet to understand. (No disrespect intended to WB, He is obviously a great investor and a very smart man.) He's just too involved in the current monetary system to have a good opinion on Bitcoin at this point.

Umm yes he did say its a bad investment he also said bitcoin is not and can never be a currency.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:50:39 PM

He hasn't got the nerve to say bitcoin will die in 2 or 3 years, but said 10 years instead. This shows he is not certain, so chose to put forward something vague.

not only that.  he'll be dead by then.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: