Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:02:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we make people accept bitcoins as a currency?  (Read 3576 times)
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 10:59:40 PM

We shouldn't force people to accept Btc if they do not want to. That will even let them think otherwise. The best we can do is to use it the way that will attract them and will let them know that what they have read or heard on the media s not what is actually happening.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walter789

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:14:12 PM

A lot of scams have caused the fear of theft among people and they are regarding bitcoin and its trading a scam. People seem to be reluctant towards investing in bitcoins. How do we ensure them that bitcoins are not scam but the people are. Undecided

Yes definitely you have a point some people are afraid to invest on bitcoin because of fraudulent activities or we called scams, this may cause people and so discourage to try and start engaging in cryptocurrency world. Yes we can't blame people if they don't want to try and experience what is the good side of being a crypto enthusiast. However if we can share those good experience and outcomes rather than discouraging them I think it may help us to go enter in the crypto world.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:15:38 PM

Tell people about the goodness of bitcoin, its technology and its function for sure they love to understand more about bitcoin but we cannot force them to use this technology, maybe they are not ready for the risk of this market so we have no choice but to respect it.
Sometimes, after saying some about the benefits and goodness, they didn't even care. We might also have to do some practice, such as shopping online using bitcoin or altcoin. Then he will see the ease and speed of the transaction. After that, there must be some interest in his head.
Sunny Matharu

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:17:51 PM

In today’s era, digital money is desired by every single individual, so that people may transfer them between themselves over the internet, similar to emails. Here is an article of daily use of digital money in daily life.
https://medium.com/@Airgeadcoin/daily-use-of-digital-money-the-dilemma-61ffb229d5ce
https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1000/1*VPrrnxfBIRn9EIdyu0_GWA.png
G-richy

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:26:05 PM

It is hard for people to embrace the truth about bitcoin as a currency because its digitalized and it takes those that has knowledge about the system to comprehend,some people may think its a scam,it not true. Its a system built in a blockchain technology with high security,it just need someone in the system to educate others(novice/newbie) about it.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:26:15 PM

A lot of scams have caused the fear of theft among people and they are regarding bitcoin and its trading a scam. People seem to be reluctant towards investing in bitcoins. How do we ensure them that bitcoins are not scam but the people are. Undecided

People who think 'bitcoin is a scam' I think they are fools, they should be able to distinguish between the two modes in it, namely bitcoin and scamer. Bitcoin is like money it's just an object that can be used by someone for various types of transactions, both as a payment medium, and as an investment asset. And scammer, they are people who use bitcoin as a medium to cheat.

To assure them that 'bitcoin isn't a scam' I think there is no other way, besides being patient, we must be able to direct them to the right path, by giving detailed steps, starting from how to make a wallet, showing a good exchange account, when we must buy or sell. Maybe such a method can grow their interest in bitcoin.
L lawliet

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 11:31:42 PM

we explain it well, we explain it neatly and if you still can't accept it, just leave it
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:42:10 AM

Yes, like that expression, 'guns don't kill people, people are killing people', we can use it for lots of things in the world and it also can be applied on Bitcoin too. We can not do much about that issue, maybe we could affect on it on small local level but people that have been tricked once is hard to change their opinion. Those who didn't have negative experience with Bitcoin have to research good  everything that they want to know and that will lower chances of scams or similar unpleasant things.

Even though this expression (that guns don't kill people) is true in a metaphysical or philosophical sense, in some countries guns are still prohibited from possession by people who have mental disorders or are otherwise disturbed, and some other countries  guns have been prohibited from possession by anyone who doesn't belong to police, armed forces, and their likes. My point is that while Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are not to be blamed for things OP mentioned (scams) and even for things I mentioned (like slavery, drugs, etc), this may not stop the powers that be from banning crypto if they see that this ban can be effectively and efficiently enforced.

Moreover, I'm strongly inclined to think that the only real reason that prevents the majority of governments from direct attack on crypto is the fact they understand that they are unlikely to succeed, not that they don't want to.
rnssol (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:08:03 AM

Basically, show them proof to make believe that bitcoin being a digital currency is not a scam. Coins.ph is the wallet I've been using to store my coins. It can have Php, BTC, ETH, BCH, and XRP wallets at the moment and looking forward to more coins to consider. The simplest way I did to make my friends accept bitcoins as a digital currency, I bought loads for my mobile phone using the BTC coin I had in my wallet and told them that you can earn those coins through mining, faucets, and bounties to convince them more to jump in the crypto world.
We need a lot of knowledge and research before investing into bitcoins else we are at a loss.
bitfocus

Merit: 15

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:21:19 AM

do you mean using force? hell, no! their next generation won't act foolish like the.
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:23:57 AM

do you mean using force? hell, no! their next generation won't act foolish like the.
Well no. We can never make someone accept bitcoins by force. We need to figure out the right way to do it. And there sure is a way!
rnssol (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:50:20 AM

Tell people about the goodness of bitcoin, its technology and its function for sure they love to understand more about bitcoin but we cannot force them to use this technology, maybe they are not ready for the risk of this market so we have no choice but to respect it.
Sometimes, after saying some about the benefits and goodness, they didn't even care. We might also have to do some practice, such as shopping online using bitcoin or altcoin. Then he will see the ease and speed of the transaction. After that, there must be some interest in his head.
This is very right. Only telling its benefits won't be enough. We need to prove its practical importance in the real word.
jonathan6655321

Activity: 286
Merit: 23

GuerrillaBuzz ICO/STO/IEO Marketing and PR company

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 10:52:00 AM

We improve the tech, and the user expirience, and let the time do his thing

GuerrillaBuzz: Blockchain, Crypto & Web3 PR Agency

GuerrillaBuzz is a leading blockchain PR, crypto, Web3 marketing agency. Trusted by CoinGecko, BRD, Bancor, AAX, Telos.
https://guerrillabuzz.com/
HonestAlien

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

Since you are trying to change the minds of people who have already identified Bitcoin as a scam so it will definitely be hard. But, if the number of population is educated then I think they will eventually understand the importance of Bitcoin rather than looking at the bad side of it.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:21:29 PM

I think this will definitely take some time. Cryptocurrency market has not developed fully and there are many unexploited flaws which makes it unsuitable to be used as a currency. There must be some standard against which cryptos should be valued. In short, we definitely need the help of government in making the cryptocurrencies to be used for making real time purchases.
FruitSprite

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:22:37 PM

Mass adoption is really needed for that. Right now, the number of people who understand Bitcoin and how it works is very low. So, it is hard to covey a message among the majority of the population. But, it will happen evetually and we need to be patient for that.
Midas.Investments
Copper Member

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 12:46:06 PM

It is necessary to let people know what blockchain is, how bitcoin works and so on. People need to understand the simplicity of bitcoin and that's all i think
SwampRose

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:49:19 PM

Whenever someone says anything bad about Bitcoin, I try to show them how the scams, criminal activities could have been carried out if fiat currency was used instead of Bitcoin. People are really blind about fiat and how robbers and hackers have been able to steal them even before Bitcoin was introduced. So, you need to change their perspective.
Firefox07

Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:05:48 PM

We need to make people see that bitcoin is safer to use now than in the past. We need take away all their  hesitation and wrong beliefs on bitcoin.

MarbleAlligator

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:06:58 PM

People around the world is not aware of the bitcoin. There are many who do not even know what the hell bitcoin is and what the usefulness of it is. If this awareness is spread all around the world then people can accept bitcoin as currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: