Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:08:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mastercard  (Read 1887 times)
fortresscoin

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:00:13 PM

Several companies have offered bitcoin debit cards over the last few years, but one by one the banks that were issuing them cancelled them.  The banks that issue them get pressured by the governing authorities of wherever they’re domiciled to enforce all KYC & AML procedures on the cardholders.   I guess having a bitcoin credit or debit card as a cool novelty item is ok, but it doesn’t solve any new problems if it’s the same as having a centrally controlled bank account. 
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metalglowd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

💲 EMIREX EXCHANGE 💲

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 03:07:59 PM

IS this possible to make bitcoin mastercard.
Mastercard is very helpfull for giving payment.
We can carry it in anywhere.
Is this possible world wide it will show his power.

ITS JUST MY OPINION.

a few days ago, I found a video from LinkedIn about using several types of credit cards and making it in one card form. so that the barcode can be replaced depending on our needs at the time, the appearance of its use is more or less like hardware wallet but its shape is like a credit card in general, so I think the use of Bitcoin Mastercard might be achieved

❱  Whitepaper  ❱   E M R X ─ Token ─   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
[ ◾ telegram   ◾ facebook   ◾ TWITTER ]   New Digital Economy
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:08:23 PM

of course, Mastercard is very supportive of the development and innovation of bitcoin, I think we will find mastercard bitcoin in the future, mastercard bitcoin will compete with debit cards, and other fiat transaction cards.

bitcoin mastercard will also be very helpful for our transactions.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:36:26 PM

People are already concerned about their Bitcoins even if they are kept secure in their hardware or cold wallet and if a mastercard like card is issued for Bitcoin it will just only increase the risk of losing your Bitcoin easily if somehow you managed to lose your card. I don't think this could be a good idea.
Now that it has a card, it suddenly worries you? Then I can picture you not ever having an ATM card or a credit card as that will be hackable according to your logic. Roll Eyes There probably is going to be a 2FA and/or a pin code when using a bitcoin debit card. We're all about safety and security here.
Having a bitcoin and cryptocurrency app is much better for me. Since we have a modern technology now, tap can be used and is more convinient with swipping. We can also transact via qr code thru our mobile phones which we always have. A card is good, but an app is better. Both can be stole anyway.
Yeah, but an app comes with a phone which already costs you a lot of money even when they weren't able to get your coins. Not everyone puts password in their phone. Not everyone puts password in their bitcoin apps. With a card, it will probably have a pin code since it doesn't make sense to not have it.
Bitcoin itself is like mastercard. You carry your wallet with you, which is your phone or laptop and you buy whatever you want using your coins which you are giving away from your wallet. So, I honestly don't see the reason behind making another card for that reason.
Probably so that we will be able to swipe our cards to scanners and be able to pay with our bitcoins with whatever we are buying. The total will be converted into how much is it in bitcoins and that will be the amount that will be deducted to your card.
It is easy to say it but very difficult to understand the process. If a mastercard is allowed for you to spend your Bitcoin, then a central authority will issue the card who will also have the authority to track your usage and all the details about your coins. This will not only invade your privacy but also make the decentralized feature of BTC useless.
Exactly, but whenever you're using an exchange, that creates centralization right away. Even online wallet creates centralization. There are small circles of centralization happening and people don't really realize that it's happening. They think that bitcoin is decentralized but it's only the ones that aren't in any institutions or third-party wallet/companies.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

rosstiller

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 03:45:45 PM

Bitcoin is still not popular is every country. Most of the country dont accept its validity. Its forbiddent in many country. If bitcoin launch a mastercard that have the place to use. I think decentralized systems don't have mastercard. After all if they want to launch, it will take a long periods of time.
sponge_bob13

Activity: 63

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:33:02 PM

Great thinking. It's not possible I think so. Because it's fluctuated and decentralized currency and that's why there will no team to maintain the card.
doraemon_33766

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:34:30 PM

How  it can be done? But if it happen then it will able to fullfil many BTC holders desire who wants to pay by BTC in many places.
face foul

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:48:50 PM

Bitcoin is not a stable currency and it's too much fluctuated. It's not easy term to build up  BTC mastercard. But if it can be done then many will be interested about BTC then.
Dimonhamon

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 04:54:19 PM

The idea is very good and it will be realized. But there is one problem. It is called the transaction speed
Woundur

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:55:48 PM

BTC is decentralized currency and that's why there nobo9dy as third party for doing this job. But it will be helpful if it can be done.,
Dashaaraily

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:06:30 PM

If bitcoin really able to do this that's should be very helpful for those who wants to use BTC as their daily payment. Bitcoin will be concern about that if it's possible.
prikitiw

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:31:03 PM

ITS JUST MY OPINION.

Bitcoin doesn't have a mastercard for the coin but some altcoins already have mastercard for their coins. Maybe in the future but hopefully it is still a decentralized card that the government has no control so we can still enjoy the real purpose of bitcoin and transact anywhere without experiencing any difficulties.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

With the financial boom of electronic money and the tireless effort of development teams, virtual currency communities are striving to introduce, communicate to everyone the applications, benefits , the superiority of this new financial institution. It is no surprise that virtual currency credit cards are one such application.
RussCryptoBull

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:05:58 PM

Like seriously,  I saw something like this few days ago,  and I must confused, it really a perfect move for the blockchain technology
Catesknee

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:20:29 PM

If we go to that MasterCard, then the money will be accumulated again in one place. We don't want to do that again because we are working to launch a decentralized trading system outside this centralized situation.
Fornam

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:08:05 PM

Yes, you may right, but in that case we have to take our full money into a specific hand, from which we have been using decentralized method to get out. But it does not seem right to me.
Eminem23

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:12:38 PM

ITS JUST MY OPINION.

This would be a good idea, because these days there is not enough in the crypto world more simple application, although it is much easier? But all of course society is not enough, so we have to go to new methods.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

Yes bitcoin mastercard is very useful. Advcash is pretty good one. It does not require maintenance free for month. The card type of Advcash is anonymous, plastic and virtual. It only support EU based countries.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:36:42 PM

There are some good bitcoin master cards. Personally I did not face any issues yet with bitcoin master card. I find it quite useful till now. To me Bitnation is one of the bests.
CoinOnTheBeach321

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:45:10 PM

You may give a try to SpectroCoin which is a bitcoin master card that is included of all countries across the world. The type of this card is both plastic and virtual.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: