Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:33:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Stake Investment - HBN/PHS/TEK/CAP and more  (Read 15445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:31:13 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 12:26:12 AM by David Latapie

I prefer the just sit back and watch approach instead of the stress of hoping a trade will go your way.
+1. Although with practice, it's more than guessing - but still dangerous and uncertain.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 01:43:37 AM

RE inflation: All of these coins have a total coin cap - so they are just like BTC in that manner. However, where it comes to the ROI % - if you read the first post about novacoin and its model - which is used by NVC, HBN, and TEK you can see that the % will vary based upon stake difficulty which takes into account the number of coins on the market. They all start at their max ROI, but fall off to a minimum of 1% based upon the coins in the market. Thus, I believe they have inflation well under control. NVC for example started out at 100% but it is currently ~40%.
Is there a place where one can get the actual NVCS rate? I guess it is it impossible to have an exact number, since we don't know which wallet are exchanges (and so don't stack) and which ones are just not opened. But can we get an estimate?

It also appears to me than the staking coin are only worth it the first month or years, since eventually, people will stake more and more. OTOH hand, if you take a look at NVC chart and if it means anything, how can you promote NVC, whose price is fally consistently?
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/nvc/btc/btc-e
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/nvc/btc/cryptsy/alltime

That is why I make the following StakeHunter pledge:
I will sell 25% of my stake every month.
Interesting, I'll think about it.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

POS coins are the future! Shame that you don't consider NXT.

zhangli

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:06:32 AM

Why did you leave out NXT?
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 02:07:36 AM

Because it doesn't have Stake intrest. Only transaction fees.

zhangli

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:13:12 AM

Because it doesn't have Stake intrest. Only transaction fees.

ok.thk u
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:59:00 PM

Hi,

I wrote a PoS guide. It is certainly full of mistakes, could you please review it? Thank you.

How PoS work

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:42:31 PM

check LGD legendary coin - very cheap now on cryptsy, stakes similar to HBN.

yolo
Althoelzer

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 02:21:33 AM

Have you ever heard about NEM or NXT? Cant understand why you let them out of your post.
Anyway - nice thread

NEM - Nothing Else Matters
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 11:10:10 PM

TEK is my new favorite PoS coin.

40% interest per month sounds too good to be true- but so far stakers are holding onto their staked coins and the value just keeps on going up.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:51:47 AM

TEK is my new favorite PoS coin.

40% interest per month sounds too good to be true- but so far stakers are holding onto their staked coins and the value just keeps on going up.

There's a Ponzi aspect to high interest POS alts...
Daily Coin Maintenance new money must mop up all the new coins...
Or your net investment loses ground regardless of "interest" payments.

You constantly need new Customers...
Is there a White Paper on High Stake Interest anyone knows about?

One could probably do very creative things with this.
watchtheskies

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:52:55 AM

A PoS coin I noticed today is HYPER https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0

5% monthly PoS interest, compounding daily. The team has some cool ideas like a Market Stabilization Fund and sponsoring the development of an MMO which uses HYPER as the in-world game currency. Similar to PHS except it compounds daily.

Looks promising, mining is for another two weeks only before it changes to pure PoS.

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
David Latapie

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

A PoS coin I noticed today is HYPER https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.0

5% monthly PoS interest, compounding daily. The team has some cool ideas like a Market Stabilization Fund and sponsoring the development of an MMO which uses HYPER as the in-world game currency. Similar to PHS except it compounds daily.

Looks promising, mining is for another two weeks only before it changes to pure PoS.
Read tokyoghetto on HYPER. Basically, 33% premine plus greed in the management fund.
Hyper => premine
Orbitcoin => premine
Legendary coin => premine
Battlecoin => premine
Other High-PoS => usually OK

wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:25:12 AM

Sync is worth a mention now.
X11 POW ended now pure POS 100% stake
Only 1000 coins Wink
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:38:17 AM

Have you ever heard about NEM or NXT? Cant understand why you let them out of your post.
Anyway - nice thread

he already stated that he only wants coins that yield intrest. NEM and NXT only pay the transaction fees, and not intrest at all.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:06:46 PM

ROM just got listed on Bittrex.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617724.0

It pays out 30% annually. 1 day min/30 day max. It just finished its PoW period, so its now 100% PoS. Only 15 millions in existence and its trading at 66 satoshi. Compare that to CINNI that had 15 million coins at the end of its PoW period and only pays 3.5% annually, yet trades at over 10k satoshi. Well you guys decide.  
watchtheskies

Activity: 137

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 07:33:33 AM

Read tokyoghetto on HYPER. Basically, 33% premine plus greed in the management fund.
Hyper => premine
Orbitcoin => premine
Legendary coin => premine
Battlecoin => premine
Other High-PoS => usually OK

Thank you for advice but tokyoghettos post is full of lies read this post from HYPER dev showing pre mine transparency: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg7088058#msg7088058

They set up transparent funds to help fund their projects and have big team and community that is growing all the time. Premine is used for building MMO, marketing and market stabilization purpose.

5% PoS interest staked daily is great the wallet looks awesome and space MMO project is they are working on! Highly recommend HYPER!

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:39:00 PM

TEK is worth a shot.

Stakehunter, how's your portfolio going?

StakeHunter (OP)

Activity: 155

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:35:02 AM

TEK is worth a shot.

My portfolio is going swimmingly...I love the discussion that has been going on. Sorry, i've been laying low - I got involve in Cryptostocks investing - too much  actually! I got burnt on a few stocks, and now my BTC is locked into other stocks. While they pay good dividends the liquidity isn't there, so I'm slowly drawing drawing down and only keeping the best.

So my attention is shifting back to coins, and to my surprise in the ~2 months there have been a lot of PoS interest - and coins.
Here's my current list:
Tekcoin - TEK
Hobonickels - HBN
Fluttercoin - FLT
Philosopherstone - PHS
Growthcoin - GRW
Bottlecaps - CAP
Diamond - DMD

TEK has done VERY well for me. I recommend it - it is amazing coin just to hold and watch the stake come in. Plus its value has jumped because there are only ~1 mil coins.
HBN is a cornerstone. Value is down, but it is stable and compounding nicely. I sold off too much months ago to get into cryptostocks and I'm still regretting it.
FLT, newcomer and stakes at a month, but I'm just hanging on for interest sake. Not a big holding,

The last three are "rebirths". Some devs got behind them and they all had new launches with fixed improved stake. So I'm dabbling. All of those have very low liquidity.

armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:50:30 PM

TEK is worth a shot.

My portfolio is going swimmingly...I love the discussion that has been going on. Sorry, i've been laying low - I got involve in Cryptostocks investing - too much  actually! I got burnt on a few stocks, and now my BTC is locked into other stocks. While they pay good dividends the liquidity isn't there, so I'm slowly drawing drawing down and only keeping the best.

So my attention is shifting back to coins, and to my surprise in the ~2 months there have been a lot of PoS interest - and coins.
Here's my current list:
Tekcoin - TEK
Hobonickels - HBN
Fluttercoin - FLT
Philosopherstone - PHS
Growthcoin - GRW
Bottlecaps - CAP
Diamond - DMD

TEK has done VERY well for me. I recommend it - it is amazing coin just to hold and watch the stake come in. Plus its value has jumped because there are only ~1 mil coins.
HBN is a cornerstone. Value is down, but it is stable and compounding nicely. I sold off too much months ago to get into cryptostocks and I'm still regretting it.
FLT, newcomer and stakes at a month, but I'm just hanging on for interest sake. Not a big holding,

The last three are "rebirths". Some devs got behind them and they all had new launches with fixed improved stake. So I'm dabbling. All of those have very low liquidity.

Nice to see you're back, hopefully you recover.

I'm waiting for the TEK price to correct and go back down so i get more cheap tek again! Made a mistake only buying 500 xD

How's Diamond? I am interested in getting some.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: