Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Not be Greedy  (Read 5079 times)
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:55:56 PM

It depends on the coin and the market. If it is a bearish market 20% is huge but if it is a bullish market
it could be easily  a daily gain.

ningrumxxi

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:59:32 AM

Greed (as well as a number of negative feelings) embraces us during the trade. It is difficult to struggle with this feeling. Greed periodically occurs throughout the time. Someone can fight it, but some don't. It is absolutely true that one must be able to sell in time. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to draw up a plan before commencing a bidding on the coin. Only strict compliance with the plan will help in the fight against greed and such negative emotions.
obeying the original plan is something that is absolutely necessary so that we can avoid big losses, but is it possible if the temptation comes with the assumption that a very large profit comes, we don't accept it? I think people will put aside the original plan that has been compiled for a long time because everyone will definitely think that the opportunity does not come a second time. What kind of character like that is also a form of our greed ... I feel greed has become the nature of all human beings.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:30:54 AM

Greedy will make us lose, we have to be realistic that when the market drops like now, we find it difficult to get big profits, if we already get 30% profit in a month then selling is better.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:53:00 AM

I've tried the same thing, buy and sell when you get little gains and repeat it, after few months I've made profit but I had also less amount of the coin I've traded. It seems that worked as the market was rising.
Yeah that strategy will be better than you wait too long for a higher price. precisely the greed will make you lose. because of course the price will certainly change from price increase to decline. so take advantage of the opportunities that come as best as possible. don't be too greedy
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

Greed (as well as a number of negative feelings) embraces us during the trade. It is difficult to struggle with this feeling. Greed periodically occurs throughout the time. Someone can fight it, but some don't. It is absolutely true that one must be able to sell in time. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to draw up a plan before commencing a bidding on the coin. Only strict compliance with the plan will help in the fight against greed and such negative emotions.
obeying the original plan is something that is absolutely necessary so that we can avoid big losses, but is it possible if the temptation comes with the assumption that a very large profit comes, we don't accept it? I think people will put aside the original plan that has been compiled for a long time because everyone will definitely think that the opportunity does not come a second time. What kind of character like that is also a form of our greed ... I feel greed has become the nature of all human beings.

It is not always a good idea to stick to your guns at all times. When you develop your master plan, you make certain assumptions about the environment it is supposed to unfold in (in this case, that would be market environment). And that's okay and justifiable. But the environment may unexpectedly change against your best expectations, and then following your plan through just because you decided to follow it no matter what can be particularly damaging and lead to a continued money loss, when you must get out of your position and do that fast before your losses start to accumulate

You should remain flexible and ready to abandon your original strategy or scenario if it no longer fits the situation

k1ng0fBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:21:19 AM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

That's a random, arbitrary number

And it tells us that you don't really know what's going on with the market (or the coin itself) and are just lucky to see the coin rise 20% to your entry point. I could just as easily claim that 10% is enough, and the only real difference between your figure and mine is that yours is taken from your ass and mine from mine. In other words, 20% could be both too little and too big depending on the market situation and how things are going to play out. For example, if you knew or had solid reasons to believe that the market would rise a few times in a short while, selling for measly 20% would make you regret your decision for the rest of your life. And still more so if it then actually surged so much
Cryptocurrency investment is not for short term. It is long term investment and you should keep this is mind that in short time you cannot make profit from your holdings. You will have to wait for some time and don’t be greedy because greedy people always lose their money cause of their greed. Be optimistic and serious about your investment. Keep your emotions aside.
Dimon8

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:58:17 AM

If you make a plan for a trading strategy and adhere strictly to it, then such concepts as greed, insecurity and fear will be in the background.
ThorWin

Activity: 218

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 09:29:42 AM

In this market, greed, the more we lose, so do not be too greedy, when the market is constantly bearish, hold patience and when the market recovery should sell at reasonable prices.
BryanRoseWalker

Activity: 215

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:21:02 AM

In this market, greed, the more we lose, so do not be too greedy, when the market is constantly bearish, hold patience and when the market recovery should sell at reasonable prices.

Greed in commerce can be classified as realistic if indeed analysis in search of profit momentum meets its target, there is no element of enormous luck and it becomes feasible to do, greed in global markets is too natural for traders, the most important is how they remain balanced in manage assets.
Lydiaglo

Activity: 75

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:23:48 AM

Very good advice, I usually choose this 20% profit point when selling coins, because I am satisfied with such a profit point!

it is better to get a little profit but profit is obtained on a sustainable basis, in my opinion it is a good strategy to always get profit without risk when doing short-term trading
Yeah you are right; greed is the thing that destroyed lot of people. When you see little bit increase in the price and you realize that selling now is beneficial for you, you should not waste time because the price may fall the next moment. Then you will rub your hands with sorrow. It is better to take advantage from good times with good price.
CryptoXis

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:51:43 AM

Sure, that's a good plan for people who want to play in the safe zone. However, most investors are in the crypto market to get rich quickly. 20% might seem good for people who are doing this on the side, but others' plan is, the greater the risk, the better the reward. And cryptocurrencies don't just reach 95%+ profits, in the long run, 1,000%, 5,000% or even 10,000% are not strange to the crypto scene.

I agree with that! Long term hold with such greater risk will receive a higher rewards. I’m betting for 1000% in this late 2018 in crypto sphere.
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 11:22:16 AM

currently it is not good to trade by waiting for profits to reach + 95%. because crypto currencies are currently very unstable. your opinion is very good. it's better to make a profit of only 10% - 20% + and it would be better if you could do scalping. because being greedy in trading is a bad thing that will make us get big losses.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 06:33:21 PM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

That's a random, arbitrary number

And it tells us that you don't really know what's going on with the market (or the coin itself) and are just lucky to see the coin rise 20% to your entry point. I could just as easily claim that 10% is enough, and the only real difference between your figure and mine is that yours is taken from your ass and mine from mine. In other words, 20% could be both too little and too big depending on the market situation and how things are going to play out. For example, if you knew or had solid reasons to believe that the market would rise a few times in a short while, selling for measly 20% would make you regret your decision for the rest of your life. And still more so if it then actually surged so much
Cryptocurrency investment is not for short term. It is long term investment and you should keep this is mind that in short time you cannot make profit from your holdings. You will have to wait for some time and don’t be greedy because greedy people always lose their money cause of their greed. Be optimistic and serious about your investment. Keep your emotions aside.

It is not for short term for those who got caught in the crash and was left holding the bag

Though I perfectly well understand what your logic is and what exactly makes you think so. In the previous years, I mean, prior to 2018, long-term holding was very rewarding, but it was a one-off event even though it took a few years to get done with. Now, things are such that you may have to wait for too long till prices recover and that may never happen at all. On the flip side, cryptocurrency volatility makes short-term trading quite profitable (if you know what you are doing), and it is quite possible that it will be the only way to make profits for years to come. In simple terms, no more free milk for the masses

Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:42:16 PM

Greed is a massive killer in this market. We should never be greedy in trading and investing. That is why it is best to have a set target and stick to it. This is the best way to profit very well in this market
Indeed, if we will choose to be greedy, it will just make us to lose something worth it. We must always be contented and become patient in life.
Being greedy to get money and sell can make us lose but being greedy to buy more cannot call as greed because all of us are here only to get money and bright future for our family which is only possible if we will buy more coin and make our future brighter, now we are in situation where all of us need to be greedy to buy as price is almost high and with passage of time getting higher.
ukboss

Activity: 742
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:25:01 PM

Sure. Most of us lose our money and chances for make profit only for this problem. For day trading, what amount of profit can be good or safe or suitable without make lose or without take a big risk? 1% to 3%. Not? Low target is always risk free. I mean if you have low target than you have low risk for lose. Every trader can make profit but those can continue who have risk management and can control their loses as well.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:41:08 PM

If I still have a lot of money, maybe I will become a greedy person, especially when people panic to sell, and at the same time, the price of btc usually drops very low 'dramatically. Because, at that time the times when the best prices to buy were presented. Just imagine, if we are not greedy when the incident occurs, maybe the pope will do it.

Cheesy Cheesy this's true, man. This thing can rarely be done by us as ordinary users, except for them who else if it's not an exchange account and big whales.
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:53:56 PM

Greedy can result failed. I did not expect to much profit. The best you gonna do is to know if the coin are possible to increase more because if the coin already increased and you not sell it and price dump you will not get any profit on that. Better to have plan or price set to sell your altcoins or coins to avoid losing your profit or anything.
javainn

Activity: 733
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:00:19 PM

it's only a waste of time to wait for profits above 80%. because I think when the price goes up to the highest position it might be a direct dump and don't be greedy in my opinion the best thing comes to a certain profit.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
kidoseagle0312

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:43:24 PM

Perhaps, having this kind of behavior will not be disappear to some individuals in this field of industry. Because in trading business we all know that winners and losers always in the business. Same goes with my thoughts that there is good and bad things happen, just like what is happening now in the market the situation was so bad for the sight of many but for others it is a good chance.
fordsons

Activity: 92
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:00:47 AM

you are right, trading in crypto currencies must remain calm, without emotion, always focused on the target. the main target of trading is to get profit. but don't make targets for big profits. + 20% is good for profit. so that your emotions remain controlled. one more time, when you have reached your daily target, then close your device and rest. it will make us better. because when you continue trading, greed will emerge and control our minds. and at the end of 85% is a loss.
Emotional people cannot make money not only in cryptocurrency business but in every field of life, because they take their decisions without thinking ahead. Cryptocurrency investment is full of risks and wrong decisions can take you in debts. I think that one should think 100 times before investment in cryptocurrency, and be cool and patient if the price falls.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: