Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Not be Greedy  (Read 5079 times)
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:26:31 AM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

You should be greedy depending on the market situation and the price right now is very low so you should invest a huge amount in order to take advantage of the current situation.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 08:29:55 AM

I very much agree with you.I did not sell my token because of greed.I always think that its price can rise a lot.but it dropped by 80%.and it caused me to lose a lot.So don’t be greedy.

A good example: those persons, who were not greedy and were in time to sell their tokens and Bitcoins in December 2017-January, 2018, made really good money on it.

This example doesn't tell us anything specific

People that were lucky to jump off this derailing train might have been greedy and they might not have been since you don't really know for how long they had been waiting for these prices. If some of them bought bitcoins when it cost 100 dollars, they were greedy as hell and also lucky as much. On the other hand, some other people who bought at 18000 dollars and then sold at 19000 can be described as not greedy, while in practice it tells essentially the same, that they were as lucky. So, if anything, your example is not so much about greed as about luck

daicavung

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 09:35:46 AM

If greed expectations for coins at high prices will be very dangerous for you, I for example today many people say that BTC later this year will increase to $ 50,000 and they always hold, but in my opinion if the expectations in Such high prices will be very damaging to you later on

SirLancelot

Activity: 2506
Merit: 582

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:41:52 AM

If you want to be a successful trader, greed is probably the biggest obstacle you will have to overcome because  Greed is one of the biggest enemy of trading and practise with proper discipline and right mind set with self-control will help you to overcome this negative emotion. 
Greed is obstacle and your big enemy which can spoil long days of hard work in few seconds. Always try to make everything normal that will enable you to get some profit from here conversely if you take it and greed for it then you may not be able to get it.

If we discuss about perfect time then it is a better decision to wait for the price to go higher so that you may be able to get huge profit which is relevant to say.

MRY

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 10:46:05 AM

in trading we must be able to see opportunities well and I think it cannot be said to be greedy when we take every opportunity to be able to get profit and we must be careful to do so, so that we will not make mistakes

alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:52:48 AM

If greed expectations for coins at high prices will be very dangerous for you, I for example today many people say that BTC later this year will increase to $ 50,000 and they always hold, but in my opinion if the expectations in Such high prices will be very damaging to you later on
You should set a small investment goal because this market is very hard to predict and all the mistakes have a great impact on your life. Most people in this market are greedy because this is a very risky investment and when prices increase, very few people can control it.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
lauder_larger

Activity: 86
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 11:45:41 AM

Greed (as well as a number of negative feelings) embraces us during the trade. It is difficult to struggle with this feeling. Greed periodically occurs throughout the time. Someone can fight it, but some don't. It is absolutely true that one must be able to sell in time. To achieve this goal, it is necessary to draw up a plan before commencing a bidding on the coin. Only strict compliance with the plan will help in the fight against greed and such negative emotions.
obeying the original plan is something that is absolutely necessary so that we can avoid big losses, but is it possible if the temptation comes with the assumption that a very large profit comes, we don't accept it? I think people will put aside the original plan that has been compiled for a long time because everyone will definitely think that the opportunity does not come a second time. What kind of character like that is also a form of our greed ... I feel greed has become the nature of all human beings.
Greedy people never succeed in any field of life, especially in crypto trading. When the price moves on a little bit wise traders will sell their coins for small profit but greedy traders will wait for more profit and many times they even lost the small one. In cryptocurrency business and trading there is no guarantee of the coming situation of the market. You should take advantage of any chances you have.
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:13:22 AM

Greed is a massive killer in this market. We should never be greedy in trading and investing. That is why it is best to have a set target and stick to it. This is the best way to profit very well in this market
Indeed, if we will choose to be greedy, it will just make us to lose something worth it. We must always be contented and become patient in life.
Do not say it greed if you are waiting and holding your coin for price to go higher and you will have a better profit which is a good strategy and all of us should think about it is in our benefit. We should avoid selling in low market so that we may not need to worry about low market which will change easily into high market that will provide us opportunity sell for profit. However, now it has taken a lot of time so better you hold for some more time and sell it for maximum profit.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:12:55 AM

I very much agree with you.I did not sell my token because of greed.I always think that its price can rise a lot.but it dropped by 80%.and it caused me to lose a lot.So don’t be greedy.
That was not greed but a form of miss management or you can say faulty strategy that cost you a fortune. You could have earned had you cashed your coins but you wanted more which requires patience and long term wait until the value of your coins is doubled or even more than doubled. Anyhow, you can earn big hand in crypto even now when the value is down. This is more like an incentive for which many of the investors wait for long.
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:38:01 AM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

You can always be greedy depending on the market situation, the prices right now is dropping so it was the best time to invest a huge amount.
MiltonFree

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:38:30 AM

Ahhh, yeah! You never take it all. It is better to plan risks and potential profits in advance before taking any trading step.
himtater87

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:16:01 PM

Greedy will make us lose, we have to be realistic that when the market drops like now, we find it difficult to get big profits, if we already get 30% profit in a month then selling is better.
Yeah you are right greed has destroyed many people. When I have something which is enough for me why should I greed for more? When you realize that you can make some money from your holding then why wait for more. We know that the price of bitcoin is not increasing consistently, so it is wise to take benefits of the current situations of the market. Impatient and greedy people always in loss.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:09:01 PM

You should set a small investment goal because this market is very hard to predict and all the mistakes have a great impact on your life. Most people in this market are greedy because this is a very risky investment and when prices increase, very few people can control it.
Step by step you can get what you wanted to get by just having a feeling of being humble and contented for what you have get on your first try. You're lucky enough if you've get that high profit on your first try but not everyone got that lucky due to unpredictable and continuous fluctuates of the market that's why we should be a keen observer.
surbanaB

Activity: 189
Merit: 12

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:08:49 AM

Yep, I kind of agree with your answer guy. Each individual has his own strategy and plan. Honestly, when one sets a fixed percent,20% is a case in point, probably he is setting his strategy in a safe zone.  Actually 20% profit or a small gain is a good choice but not all strategies, especially with those who have a long- term trading. Anyway, it’s a great idea to sell with a fixed percent safely, but one needs to base on his strategy. Learning how to control greedy emotion toward a big benefit can help you to bright your plan.

Everything starts with strategy choices: short-term, medium-term or long term.
If you choose long-term strategy the 20% gain is to small for example Bitcoin in the bull market usually goes 300% or more. But I am agree with you if you choose medium-term strategy and you want to be a careful investor. Then 20% gain is pretty safe choose.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
BaraxLo

Activity: 910
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:53:34 AM

There is actually no concept of greed in the economics. This term is called monotonicity and that means more and more is preferred. So the more you earn the more better you are. However, the loss that many people face for not cashing their coins when it is a green market is not because they are greedy but just because they have weak strategies and this is a fact that it damages the expectations of the users.

This can be resolved by learning from the mistakes you make and to set targets to achieve. Upon achieving the targets, you cash a part of your coins and reinvest again after sometime. As long as you make wise decisions, you will not loose.
nano77

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:13:11 AM

it's better to be able to continue to get profit and know when it's the right time to buy or sell and use the opportunity well and don't hesitate to make a decision
boty

Activity: 1190
Merit: 212

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

I think many people become greedy and maybe that person only uses the benefits they can get to the maximum so that they become greedy like this and can make many people forget not to be greedy.

tarpa07

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:19:46 PM

When people start trading on that time some people can’t control his emotion in this reason they are lose his money and they are try to overcome like a crazy people, after all they lose his all money. Or if you make a some money then you need to stop trading but if you have a some greedy then I’m sure you lose your money in your trading. As a perfect trader must control your greedy because it’s a very violent for trading.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:57:18 PM

It depends on your strategy for me I don't wait until 20% for me to take profit, most times, some coins hardly make such gain, but taking profits like 5% or 10% many times could be a good idea, coins normally makes such gain many times before it could go as high as 20%, so I believe in taking profits as soon as you see them and re buy when it dips down again. 
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:01:29 PM

If you want to be a successful trader, greed is probably the biggest obstacle you will have to overcome because  Greed is one of the biggest enemy of trading and practise with proper discipline and right mind set with self-control will help you to overcome this negative emotion. 
Greed is obstacle and your big enemy which can spoil long days of hard work in few seconds. Always try to make everything normal that will enable you to get some profit from here conversely if you take it and greed for it then you may not be able to get it.

If we discuss about perfect time then it is a better decision to wait for the price to go higher so that you may be able to get huge profit which is relevant to say.
Greed can destroy you in this market, you could be a very good trader that can predict with some degree of accuracy how the market is going to move and make profits in your trades, but if you choose a size for your trades that is simply too big, then even if you have a winning system you could lose all your money simply because you are not capable to endure a few losses.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: