Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:09:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Not be Greedy  (Read 5079 times)
ngocdhbk2

Activity: 404
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 01:55:37 PM

I think as you and we should not see the market down much without buying when prices increase we will not buy more. Or when the price of Altcoins was high we don't sell. Depending on the situation and eat less satiety longer than to eat more hungry. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 02:06:18 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2018, 06:24:14 PM by deisik

It depends on your strategy for me I don't wait until 20% for me to take profit, most times, some coins hardly make such gain, but taking profits like 5% or 10% many times could be a good idea, coins normally makes such gain many times before it could go as high as 20%, so I believe in taking profits as soon as you see them and re buy when it dips down again. 
That's a great idea, it's better to take small profits rather than give up the opportunity to sell right? most people make the same mistake repeatedly because they are too greedy by waiting for the price to rise higher precisely what happens is the price decreases due to certain factors, so use the opportunity that comes as good as possible don't be too greedy

Actually, it is the other way around

Most people are in fact too impatient, close too early, and book profits without letting them grow ("let the profits grow", yeah). It could be loosely claimed that impatience beats greed here, though being impatient is not the opposite of being greedy. If you are greedy, it is more likely that you are going to make an early exit specifically because you are overly greedy and can't wait, i.e. for being too impatient. The number of people who wait for too long is actually quite small, and it is so due to lack of an overwhelming greed

Jateng

Activity: 1324
Merit: 152

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:11:07 PM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

Yes do not be greedy. Before when I am still new in crypto, in trading, there happen that the coin I am holding reached 1 dollar from 0.1 dollar, badly I did not sell the coin coz I want more. The next days, I saw it is going down and it goes more down in 0.1 dollar. I hate myself that time. After that, when I saw coin is rising I am planning to sell it immediately.

Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 02:22:38 PM

In my opinion, the best time to sell is when the market price of the coin is 20%+ higher than the market price at which you bought the coin. Dont wait till the market price is 95%+ before you sell. That only happens when you got your eyes glues to your machine 24/7. Dont be greedy... Make a little profit and grow it over time. Cryptomarket is growing and full of terror! Be careful

Based upon on my experience on crypto invest your money in a perfect good of time and not to take it as greedy as you are, everything will take a bit of time to harvest and get the best result.
MachoHulk

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 03:22:17 PM

It's hard to not be greedy, but it pays.
I always have the rule of 2x up stop and 1x stop loss (I'll buy eth on 200$, stop loss 190, take profits at 220$).
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:23:25 PM

It's hard to not be greedy, but it pays.
I always have the rule of 2x up stop and 1x stop loss (I'll buy eth on 200$, stop-loss 190, take profits at 220$).

It is great because there are many people who might look for higher profits instead of short profit because sometimes the market makes them greedy. In short term, we should not be greedy because long-term holders will always get a huge profit.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

Yup right because it’s very difficult to wait the market price to rise to 95% and it wouldn’t last long if it reached 95% because many people will dump in massively. I think it's not a problem if we earned 10-25% profit because it’s a better profit than a loss.
CbineUltra

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 01:09:23 PM

If the market is growing, you can sell at 30% and buy again at -20% of growth. So you can do 4-5 times.
Then there will be a big correction that needs to wait out. I always follow this tactic.

qmclak

Activity: 275
Merit: 2

"Trade with profit"

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 02:21:32 PM

True, In my experience i learn how to hodl.But if i have enough profit i prefer to sell and buy back.Base on my experience i have coins that is for short term, mid term and long term coins.Long term coins i prefer to sell them after max 3 years of hodling.
Thanks for shraing,its great information especially for begginers.They can learn something from it.

♦[https://www.forextrendy.com/?hop=scdigital9]♦ ► FOREX TRENDY ◄ ♦TRENDS SCANNER ,Increase your chance in winning  ♦
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:12:13 PM

Yes of course,  do not be greedy because  it can’t  help you to be a successful  investors  or traders in this kind of business and industry.
A blessing is one thing that you should share with because the people who help the most is the people blessed more by our God and it is a wonder thing to do also.
Muspion

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 03:11:25 AM

to be able to take advantage of the opportunities that exist to be able to get many benefits so that they use higher prices and take advantage when prices are very high because human nature is not greedy but maybe they just want to get the most income
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 04:53:31 AM

to be able to take advantage of the opportunities that exist to be able to get many benefits so that they use higher prices and take advantage when prices are very high because human nature is not greedy but maybe they just want to get the most income

need to set a profit limit that must be kept to control greed, so that the funds that become the next capital are not at risk, excessive profits are not always synonymous with greed because there is great momentum to produce greater possibilities

such as an increase in prices that are happening to XRP and XLM in the past few days, if we don't see further developments, it is likely that we will regret that prices continue to increase.

koRo11n

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 08:50:53 AM

Greedy? one bad word but always in someone. Not to do it is very small especially if there is an opportunity to get something and something that is profitable. Moreover, in this trading the opportunity for people to get as much results as possible.
adkwini

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:11:25 AM

We all want it to be paid off. But I fully agree.
t3m4nc0k

Activity: 616

www.jacs.tech

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:11:40 AM

indeed when entering the crypto market someone is faced with a profit or loss so when a person is not greedy then he will get the profit but when he is greedy it will lose all that I have experienced in trading

wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 09:59:49 AM

Good point mate. It's better to sell it as soon as the price of the coins hits at 20% and plus so that you can earn profits little by little but surely. Never do it the greedy type of a person because most of this cases will always leads into nothing and failure.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 10:07:57 AM

Good point mate. It's better to sell it as soon as the price of the coins hits at 20% and plus so that you can earn profits little by little but surely. Never do it the greedy type of a person because most of this cases will always leads into nothing and failure.
when selling better gradually, so we still have opportunity to gain more profit. but it also must be with a mature analysis to make decisions, so that psychology is maintained and we can think clearly

jessica2020

Activity: 116

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:26:52 AM

Yes Im agree with you dont be a greedy in selling coins especially when the price hits the price. Its hard to lose more profit but you need to know more about the coin and think well.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 11:57:06 AM

not in all situations, long-term investments can be considered - greed. Greed is when you trade every day, and expect more profit.
Well for me greed can be good too especially when it is bear market. Buying lots of coins will give you more opportunity to earn a profit through time since you bought the coin in a low price there are chances that price may rise then eventually may sell in a good price. Greed become a bad thing when you are not thinking before doing the action.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 12:01:49 PM

That's right, but we are not always greedy. We need to understand where the greed is. It is essential to make you rich. If many people are not greedy when the bitcoin increases from $ 1 to $ 300, many people do not become rich. All is the opportunity and the moment, choose the right time to greed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: